When you don't say "I love you" back after an argument; ft. 𝙐𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙟𝙞𝙢𝙖 𝙒.

post-time skip

╰───────────────

╰───────────────

"I think that we should talk about this tomorrow, yeah?"-you sigh, for who knows what time, turning around and walking towards you and Wakatoshi's shared bedroom. Wakatoshi feels like he should say something, but decides to stay quiet, noticing how tense you were. He silently nods, and trails behind you.

The two of you had a very heated argument, well more of a heated discussion. And it wasn't very pleasant.

As you get ready for heading to sleep, Wakatoshi lays on the soft mattress waiting for you, thinking how he's going to apologize. You come to bed not too long after, but you lay on your side, turning your back at him. When he sees what position you're in, turning away from him. It was as if you're closing off from him, and it made him shudder. He turns on his side, now facing your back.

"I love you Y/n. I'm sorry."-he mutters out softly, but you don't reply.
He waits, but you never uttered a word. Wakatoshi feels a shiver go down his spine, as his heart clenches slightly. But he doesn't push it, remembering how he has practice early in the morning, so he goes to sleep in hopes of everything going back to place tomorrow.

The next morning you wake up early and go down to the kitchen to make breakfast for yourself and Wakatoshi. You were still under the pressure from the last nights events, so you planned on going trough the day as fast as possible, probably discussing the matter with your husband later in the day.
Wakatoshi wakes up a little bit later, fluttering his eyes open, as he tries adjusting to the light. When he sees you're not by his side, like usually, all the events from yesterday pool through his mind. And again, his heart clenches slightly at the memory of you being turned away from him, not replying to the specific words he said.

As you were setting up the table, you hear Wakatoshi come down the stairs.

"Good morning my Love."-he says, again so softly that it makes your heart throb.
"Good morning Toshi. Breakfast is ready, you can come sit down."-you say back, as you bring food on the table. You sit down across from him, both of you thanking for the meal. As he ate, he glances at you from time to time, observing your actions and the mood you were in, wanting nothing more but to make the sudden tension in the room go away. You seemed pretty much relaxed to him, so he sucks in a breath, before choosing his next words.

"Love?"-he calls out for you softly as ever.
You hum in acknowledgment, biting on the food.
"I wanted to talk about yesterday."-he says, straightforwardly as always, but he feels nervous.
"Alright."-you say, while finishing eating, and reaching for the glass of juice you prepared for yourself to drink.
"I'm sorry, for being inconsiderate and for letting the situation get the best of me. I just don't want us to be at bad terms."-he says honestly, waiting for your reaction.
"It's okay, I forgive you. I must say I also was a bit much on my part, so I'm sorry too."-you say, as you start getting up. He watches your movements, and notices that you're not okay, that you're still tense as you were before. This must've affected you deeply, he thinks.

As you wash the dishes, you feel strong arms wrap around you from behind and a head being placed on your shoulder. Wakatoshi places a light kiss on your temple, placing his forhead on your shoulder.

"You're going to be late for practice Tos-"
"I love you Y/n."-he says cutting you off. Again, as yesterday night, you don't say anything back. He feels his body become tense, as his heart begins to hurt. You didn't say it back. Maybe you were done.
Memories of his parents flash trough his head, as a soft gasp leaves his lips. You're not going to stop loving him are you? You're not going to end up like his mother and father did, right?
He doesn't notice a tear rolling down his cheek, he doesn't notice how you turned the water off finishing with what you're doing.
"Y-Y/n."-he mutters out, his forhed still pressed on to your shoulder as his arms hug you tighter.
You notice the shakiness in his voice, slowly turning around, hugging him back. His breath hitches in his throat as he tries to say something. You cup his face, wiping away the tears, as you gaze in his eyes. Soft smile appears on your lips, making him also smile softly too, closing his eyes.
"Please, don't leave."-he says. Your heart clenching, as you exhale. You bring his head down, kissing him softly. As you separate, his head is again being placed onto your shoulder.
"Don't worry. I won't."
"I love you Wakatoshi."-you whisper in his ear. And that was enough for him to know you won't, that you won't leave. That you'll still love him through all your ups and downs. That's why he loves you too, because you're the only person that can make him feel so safe and wanted, despite all his mistakes. He loves you with all of his heart.