The Burrow

Chapter XXVI

*~Mature scenes ahead~*

Peggy Lee: Fever

"Thank you, Mrs Granger, but I don't think I could manage another biscuit." August the 10th came faster than expected and so did the Quidditch world cup. The whole of the wizarding community was up in arms ready for tomorrow's match and surprisingly so was Hermione.

"Mum we have to get going! Mrs Weasley is making dinner for 6, we've already hassled Guinevere enough."

"Nonsense. Your mum does make the best biscuits." Mrs Granger smiled pridefully before hurrying to the kitchen to wrap some up. Remus and Harry were back at the cottage, they'd managed to persuade me to allow them all to apparate to The Burrow. Remus would owe me 4 sickles if Harry hurled. Hermione and I had apparated before, so I wasn't too worried about her.

"Now, you both stay safe. I know what happens at festivals." Hermione's father warned behind his newspaper.

"It's not a festival Dad and anyway, I'll have the most prestige Auror protecting me." Hermione clutched my arm, beaming up at me as her parents said their teary goodbyes.

"Hold your breath." The twisting and pulling feeling began deep inside my stomach, like being tugged by my belly button we warped into different colours and sensations before appearing firmly outside Remus's cottage, Harry and Remus both waiting on the doorstep.

"Harry!" Hermione let go of my arm instantly and threw her arms around Harry, the force of the hug causing him to stumble slightly. If I wasn't sure Hermione's true affections lied with Ron, it wouldn't be too bold to assume the two of them would be a good match, but sometimes a girl just needed a boy best friend.

"Now why don't I ever get a hug like that?" Remus teased, as he took Hermione's luggage. Crookshanks hissed in his cage as Remus came closer, I chuckled lightly much to his chagrin. "Pesky thing."

"Oh don't listen to the mean man Crookshanks." I stuck my finger between the bars of his cage, the instant I pet him, Crookshanks began purring and rubbing his face against my hand.

"How unbelievably unfair it is that you get to do that. Took me a week before he let me properly cuddle him." Hermione scowls as she looks at her treacherous cat.

"I just have a taming nature about me." My eyes glance towards Remus, his eyes flitting down to look at his shoes as I feel that burning in my stomach. I loved having Harry with us, it was wonderful, but it also had been far too long for us to go without sex. Neither of us could exactly be quiet and Harry had the disposition to enter every room without knocking, I didn't want to scare the poor boy so it was fair to say both of us were quite flustered. Holding onto Harry and Hermione's hand, Remus was left with the luggage, I flashed him a cheeky smile before we apparated to The Burrow.

"Oh shit, I think I'm going to-" Harry heaved into a bush and as I heard the crack of apparition, I turned around holding my hand out to Remus.

"I believe you owe me 4 sickles." Remus sighed as I rubbed up and down Harry's back.

"I don't know what I expected, James was awful with it, he could barely go to the end of his road without hurling." Remus dug around in his pocket for some sickles, despite Harry's nausea his face seemed elated by the fact this was probably something he inherited from his dad, drawing him closer to the man he barely knew.

"Bloody hell Harry." Ron came bounding out of The Burrow, the Weasley clan in tow, the twins laughed as Harry straightened up, Mrs Weasley giving them a curt smack round the head.