Sleepy starts

Chapter XXI

*~Mature scenes ahead~*

Adele: Remedy (I really feel like this song encapsulates Remus and Guinevere's relationship <3)

The window squeaked as it always had when it opened, Remus propped himself up, fluffy hair sticking up in frantic directions. Rubbing his eyes he saw the tall figure of the man, no longer on the outside, but in his safe space.

"Who are you?" He tried to sound tough, but it came out more like a whimper. The man looked at him with hideous starvation when he came forth, grabbing the boy by the arm, Remus's eyes flew open. This was not a friend.

"Your father needs to be taught a lesson. To watch that stupid mouth of his." And that was all that was said on the manner as his teeth tore into his young flesh, a growl sounding from the man as the first trickle of blood reached his tongue. Everything became terrifying, the man barely seemed human, nails like daggers tore across his body.

"DAD!" Remus's cries were unheard as the tearing and burning continued. Until he went numb, closing off from everything around him, focusing on the soft bunny he clung to every night. Running its velvet ears through his small fingers. The man was torn away and retreated to the window, watching as Remus's father held his son.

"Now you have condemned him Lupin. He will always be the boy who sacrificed."

My body lurches forward before my mind can overtake, still feeling that dragging in my chest, my hand seizes at it, feeling it heaving. I turn to my side and see Remus sleeping peacefully, his arm over his face, elongating his body. The scars twisting with his body, my fingers investigate them before I can stop myself. They're an ever so slight bump, ranging across his chest, the biggest one from his hip to shoulder. But the deepest is on his ribcage, I conclude this was the first.

Crawling closer, I rest my head on his stomach, kissing him tenderly.

"I'm sorry." I wonder if he was having the same dream as me.

Remus

She had nothing to apologise for. The way she held me told me we both had the same nightmare. My chest didn't pound as it usually did, I frequently found myself plagued by him. But not since I'd be sleeping with Guinevere. I tried to split myself from the werewolf aspects of myself, but when I looked at her, all I could think was that I'd finally found my mate. My howls would no longer be of paining and longing. Her mother warned this would happen, warned me we would see things we probably shouldn't. But maybe I needed Guinevere to see them, I needed her to understand the things I couldn't bear to talk about.

Guinevere eased against me and I could tell she had fallen back to sleep. But I remained wide awake into the early hours. Huffing restlessly, I summoned an extensive leather-bound book to me, I'd retrieved it from the staff library the minute I learnt about Guinevere.

Greek Mythology, origins and their warnings.

Nymph~ female nature deity. Differing from goddesses, nymphs are generally regarded as personifications of nature, are typically tied to a specific place, and are usually depicted as beautiful maidens. Nymphs are the spirits of nature, they have been worshipped for decades for their selflessness and aiding of the sick. Powers to ease suffering and in the rarest of occasions, bring some back from the brink of death. Called 'Mothers' in some folklore they were frequently portrayed as young, pretty girls-

My eyes wandered over Guinevere's body, turned away from me, her hand was firm on my thigh, clutching on in case any more nightmares crept in. She most certainly was precious. I did worship her, every single atom was something I cherished.