1| An Average Student

~To The Story~

There he was.

Your (e/c) orbs have spotted a certain strawberry blond from across the schoolyard. The boy your eyes caught was someone from your high school. Someone well known in fact. It was easy for him to get your attention, as well as the other students who were flocking around him. Mainly girls, of course.

Gakushu Asano.

He had the looks, the intelligence, the charisma, and top of that, you heard that his family is pretty wealthy. With all those aspects, it's hard to not find him interesting. Even you couldn't help yourself. He had the whole school wrapped around his finger and acted as a ruler despite him only being a second-year high school student.

You shook your head, bringing you out of your daze.

Your eyes and mind no longer lingering on Asano, you proceed to walk towards the inside of your high school. Your eyes went back to the piece of paper you were holding.

The corner of your lips quirked downwards. Your expression has shifted into a more disapproving stare than the first time from looking at your paper.

It was an essay you had to write for English class. It's not the worse essay you've ever written, but you still felt the need to feel shame over it. Moments before, you didn't feel as rotten nor cared that much... maybe is it because you saw Asano and remembered how perfect he is and his grades which made you feel like your grades are garbage in comparison.

... Well, truth be told, your grades aren't garbage per se, according to the overall grades of the entire school. But at the same time you don't have the best grades... the best words one would describe your grade is...

...average.

One could say you're just an average student. Which it's true. You blend in with the rest of the students quite well. You go to all of your classes, you never give your teachers any trouble, nor your classmates, and you do all of your homework.

"I heard that Yuri-san is going to confess to Asano-kun later today."

"Huh? But I thought Asano-kun was already seeing a girl from another school?"

"Oh, that's just a rumour."

You walked off too far to hear the rest of the conversation. It wasn't any of your concern about what Asano does, and you're not the type to get into gossip.

"Your grades are doing better.... well, only a bit. I know you can do better than this." Your teacher said, eyes glazing over your previous works.

"I can, but I don't plan on getting the most perfect grades. I think my grades are fine the way they are now."

When it comes to grades or school itself, you never really give it your all. It wasn't because you were lazy-- okay, maybe you were a little lazy, but you never really saw the point in obtaining such good scores or perfect scores. If your grades are fine then you have nothing to be worried about.

Your teacher wasn't completely satisfied with your words, and it clearly showed on his face, but unless you were passing and having fairly good scores, then there wasn't much he could say to help motivate you.

"I see... Um," he cleared his throat. "Come see me again if you ever want extra credits. Remember now, there is a lot of universities that require better grades than this."

It's not like you plan on going to a tough college or anything like that. Heck, you weren't even sure if you wanted to go to college.

"Thank you, sensei." You did a light bow before existing the staff room.