Unmasked Ch.35

Ch.35

“What are we doing here?” George asked as we walked down one of the streets in Diagon Alley, walking slightly out of it and toward a small house.

I wore a white and gray striped shirt with a large scoop neck. I wore a pair of skinny jeans, gray ankle boots that were laced up, along with a gold necklace.

“Dumbledore has a brother of course.”

“What?”

“Yes, and we need his help. There are a lot of kids at school right now that are trying to hide out in the room of requirement, but that means they aren't able to receive as much food and other resources. We need help.”

“How come I didn't hear about any of this?”

“I found out recently when kids were beginning to disappear. I started following the ones that were acting anxious and realized that your sister, Neville, Luna, and others are working to protect these kids and get them resources even though they're risking their own lives. I need to help.”

“That's where the radio transmissions are coming from!” he said.

“Yes, Potter Watch. They set it up to talk about everything and give people hope, but the kids in there are still weakened at the moment. If we can get Dumbledore's brother to agree to help us, we'll be able to send in resources without anyone realizing by creating a passage from the school to here.”

“How?”

“The room of requirement gives you what you're looking for. By asking for a passage into this house right here, everything will work as it had before.”

“And I've agreed to help,” we turned around to see Aberforth standing there in the doorway. “Hello, Miss. Riddle, I've heard much about you. You must be George Weasley, her fiance.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Well, come in, come in.” he waved us in and we didn't hesitate.

“The kids said they asked the room for a passage here, so we just have to test it out.”

“That's fine, I've got some boxes of water and some food you can take over with you as well, if it works.” he led us into one of his rooms, where there were a few boxes that sat next to a large painting.

“Who's that of?” George asked as he looked at the girl that waved at us.

“My sister, she passed on a long time ago. Can you lead them to the school?” the girl nodded and waved us to follow her. She disappeared from the picture and we watched in surprise as the painting swung open, revealing a long pathway. “I'll send in the shipments of food every weekend.”

“That's fine, I'll make sure all the food is delivered here. There will be an H drawn on box, so you'll know which boxes are for the school.”

“Okay,” I glanced up to see Neville standing in the passageway.

“I'm guessing you need some help with boxes.” he grabbed a box. “Thanks for doing this for us,” he told Aberforth.

“I figured it's time to help, rather than stand in the background the rest of my life.”

George grabbed the other large one, and I grabbed the last. “Thank you, you have no idea how amazing this is for all of us,” I told him.

“If anyone needs medical assistance, just let me know,” he said before walking out of the room. “I don't know anything about this,” he called back before closing the door.