And So It Begins

"W-Wanyamon?" I stammered staring at the small creature in front of me. It was blue and fluffy with small ears "Yep that's me and I'm your partner." The creature said. 'Oh, how did I end up in the situation?' I thought to myself.

**************************************Earlier That Day*****************************************

"Arashi!" An elderly voice rang through the air. I groggily sat up and glared at the sun beaming through my window. "Go back down!" I shouted, throwing my pillow at it. "I wish things worked like that." Mrs. Shelton's voice said. I turned around to see her standing in my doorway. "Morning Shelton," I said as she smiled. "Come on, today's your first day of summer camp." She told me. "Yay," I said sarcastically. "Come on, look I know it's hard moving from America to Japan but you need to make some friends you don't want to be the only little girl without any do you?" She asked sitting on my bed.

I was adopted and had recently moved from Las Vegas to Japan to live with my aunt Kyoko, Kyoko Hasegawa to be precise. She was the sister of my adoptive mother, Ellen Brooks, Kyoko used to visit me all the time but after some things happened, and I managed to get banned from a casino at the ripe age of 10, Kyoko gained custody over me and I was moved to Japan. Supposedly I had lived with both Kyoko and Ellen in Japan when I was younger but Ellen and I  moved back to America for some reason I couldn't recall. Right now all my things were on the way to Kyoko's place but she was currently away on business and I had to stay with an agent named Joanne Shelton until she got back. Apparently Kyoko had signed me up for a summer camp as well so I could make some friends before the upcoming school year. "Fine, I'll go." I sighed.

"But I won't like it," I added as Mrs. Shelton laughed. Despite me often having something snarky to say, Mrs. Shelton treated me with kindness and I deeply respected her for that. "Okay, then get dressed and I'll drive you." "I'll walk actually," I stated, sliding out of bed. "You sure?" "Positive give me 15 minutes and I'll be out the door." I smiled. "Alright." She said walking out and closing the door. I stretched for a moment before opening up my duffel bag and grabbing an outfit. I put on a cyan shirt and a pair of darker jeans then a light grey spring jacket and topped it with a light blue denim jacket. After saying goodbye to Mrs. Shelton I walked to the pick-up spot and loaded onto the bus. I went to sit in a seat in the back but it was already filled. "So much for sitting alone." I sighed. In the end, I sat down in the back beside a redhead girl who appeared to be the same age as me.

"Hi there, my name is Sora Takenouchi. What's yours" She asked, extending her hand. She wore a yellow t-shirt and blue jeans, pink gloves, and a blue cap over her hair. "Arashi, Arashi Kaida," I said introducing myself nervously. "Nice to meet you, I hope we get to know each other better," Sora replied. "That would be great," I replied smiling. We talked and got to know one another better. After we arrived at camp we even ended up in the same tent. "This is gonna be great!" She exclaimed and I laughed. We were walking around a cabin towards the top of a set of stairs when it started to snow. "Huh?" I asked confused. "Here let's take cover in one of the cabins," Sora said as we ran over into a cabin. We were soon followed by six other kids who I decided to study.

One was a girl in a light pink cowgirl hat and dark pink dress with a brown crossbody bag. A boy with spiky brown hair and eyes wearing a blue shirt over top of a yellow one, brown cargo shorts, gloves, and goggles over a sweatband across the top of his forehead. A boy with spiky blond hair and blue eyes in a green shirt and dark blue jeans with brown gloves as well. Beside him was a younger boy with blond hair and blue eyes too. He wore a green hat, green shirt, and khaki shorts. The next boy was a bit shorter than the others but taller than the little boy. He had red hair and was wearing an orange shirt and shorts and a green and white backpack. The last boy had black hair and was wearing a sweater vest over a polo and grey shorts to match. Over his shoulder was a large white bag.