~ When she got given the headband ~

It's was a day like any other for the 6 year old

It's was a day like any other for the 6 year old. At the park playing around with other kids. I suppose the correct term should I fact be 'playing with her friends' but, Eunbi never really knew what to call them. Maybe the way they were acting towards her was just playful banter, maybe it was nothing but a seamless joke. Eunbi would never believe that friends would make one feel like the way she did.

Wanting to run and hide, wanting to just sit with her mother and listen to her talk about boring grown up stuff with a stranger that she can't be asked to remember. But she could never bring it upon herself to leave the group, not just out of fear of being left alone but, at the belief that everyone, deep down at least, was kind hearted.

So as she had that mentality in mind whilst playing a hearty game of tag, Eun must have tripped on something or someone tripped her, not that she would notice because her bangs were flying into her face yet again, because she went from an upright position into a forward tumble and landed aggressively on the soft, freshly cut grass.

With a small sneeze and a wince, she brought herself up into a sitting position. The others around her had paused the game to see what all the commotion was about and while looking at the state of the girl on the ground. Fits of giggled and muffled laughter could be heard around Eunbi causing her to be confused and looked down to where they were pointing at.

She looked at the slight tear that had cut it's way through her light green and white summer dress, subtly showing off her leg more than she liked. She scrambled up to her full height trying to cover up her leg as best she could. Laughing it off lightly, she stepped forward only to have her friends runaway laughing.

"What a ditz!!!"

"She looks as weird as she runs."

"Maybe she should change how she looks, it'll help both our eyes and hers."

Sighing to herself she walked back to one of the benches and clambered onto it as she examined the tear in her dress, her bottom lip jutted out and began to tremble, not because of those baseless insults she got handed but that was her favourite summer dress.

Curse these bangs, we have a love hate relationship but I can't live without them.

Before she could even begin to bawl out her eyes, a voice from her left called out to her.

"Hello!" The voice rang with much enthusiasm.

She looked up to the owner of the voice and found a small, skinny looking boy. He was fairly taller than her, with a standard bowl cut and quite bright clothes on if you asked the girl. He had on a light blue knitted sweater and jeans to match. His face lit up even more after seeing the girls face on his.

Eun stared at the kid for longer than she should have but, she was too afraid to say anything at all, she just looked into his eyes, the tears that were in her's long gone now. She wasn't afraid of him per se, more so what he might say, or do. Not that he was capable of much but in the mind of little Eunbi he could be a monster in disguise.