Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen - Background Check

Friday, 27th March 2020

KRYSTALLIA

Kris is gonna kill me and feed me to the gang. I'm already waiting for it.

After making sure Zach was dazed, I quickly ran to Kris and Sam.

Honestly, I really liked him. The way he kissed me was nothing like how the other guys did. There were butterflies doing fucking somersaults in my stomach as his lips felt really soft against mine.

I was pulled out of my thought when Kris grabbed my wrist and forcefully pulled me into the car. Sam came in behind me and closed the door. We started our journey home and Kris held my wrists together.

"What the fuck, Krystal?! Where the fuck were you?!"

I looked down at my hands that were on his lap. He grabbed my chin and made me look at him.

"Answer me, Krystal," he warned. I bit my lip, "I was with a friend."

"Did you break your phone or something? Why didn't you pick up any of my calls?"

"I'm sorry, Kris. I silenced it."

His eyes softened when I apologized. He pulled me into his chest and kissed my temple.

"It's okay, kitten. Please, tell me next time, I'm fucking begging you. You're messing up a lot recently."

"I promise, I won't mess up again," I said and stuck out my pinky. He looked at me before wrapping his pinky around mine and kissed it.

"I love you, remember that, alright? Remember that forever. You're my baby sister and I don't want to ever lose you," he ended with a kiss on my cheek. I nodded and buried my face in his chest.

"I love you too."

***

After dropping Sam off, we arrived home and Kris took my bag for me before helping me out of the car. He wrapped an arm securely around my shoulder as we walked towards the front door.

"KT went out to check stock so you're with me, kitten."

I nodded and we went into the house. He walked to the living room and I went into the kitchen. I took a chocolate bar and a beer before walking to Kris.

"Here," I handed him the beer and he smiled at me, "Thanks, kitten."

I opened the candy and sat on the couch. I took a tiny bite, "Kristoff?"

He hummed in response and I continued, "I have a date tomorrow night."

I glanced at his face to read his expression but he just had an emotionless gaze as he stared back at me.

"Who?" he asked, sipping on his beer. I took another bite, "Zachary Kingston."

"Age."

"22."

"Two years older," I heard him mumble under his breath. He glanced at the driver and he moved away. Kris looked back at me, "Any homework?"

I nodded and he asked, "Is it urgent?"

I shook my head and he put his beer down on the coffee table. He motioned for me to come closer and I did before he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"What movie shall we watch, kitten?"

I tapped my finger on my chin, "I wanna watch Birds of Prey again."

He rolled his eyes playfully, "Again, Krystal?"

I scoffed jokingly, acting like I'm mad, "Then you choose."

He chuckled and kissed my temple, "Birds of Prey it is, my little kitten."

I gave him a smile and he took the TV remote and flicked through Netflix to find the movie. While waiting, I put the chocolate in front of his mouth and he bit off a piece. I took another bite as he clicked on the movie and it started playing.

He switched the lights off and closed the curtains with the remote before taking his beer. I snuggled into his side and he tightened his hold around my shoulder. He let me drink some of his beer as I let him eat the chocolate and we watched the movie together, laughing at certain moments.

People would think that this isn't realistic how we interact as siblings. Usually, siblings bicker over very random things, and we do, but because of the Estrada Incident, we always leaned on each other for support. We're really close and would do anything and everything for each other.

I love them and they love me. Without them, I would be dead by now.

And Kris' hug is too warm to turn away so it's a plus.

***

The movie ended and Kris switched the lights back on. KT came back halfway and joined us. When Kris turned off the television, the driver handed him a folder. He opened it and I saw that it was Zach's background check.

"You seriously checked him?" I punched his chest and he tightened his hold around my shoulder, "Kitty, you know the procedure. What's different about this one?"

I stiffened.

What is different about this one?

It's just Zach, right? Nothing more.

"Nothing, Kris."

He looked over it and I snuggled closer to take a closer look.

Name: Zachary Ryder Kingston

D.O.B: 7th November 1998

D.O.D: -

Sex: M

Nationality: American

Citizenship: Yes

Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian

Description:
Born in America, lived in Italy for the first three years, in France in the next four, in Russia for two, in Canada for one, and came back to America afterward.
Is of American descent but has relatives all over the world. The main family includes a mother, a grandfather, and a younger twin brother.
Had two exes. The first one from West Shores High School, Monica Lynn. Broke up after three months because she cheated with the football captain. The second one from Winterville University, Tatiana Smith. Broke up after three weeks because of her controlling nature.
Business major, and foreign languages and advertising minors. As of 2020, a senior in university. Known as 'the popular boy' in school.

"You're sure this is the guy you're going on a date with?" Kris asked while handing the file over to KT. I laid my head on his shoulder, "Any problem with me dating him?"

"He doesn't sound like the kind of guys you usually go for."

I rolled my eyes jokingly and looked at him, "So I can go, right?"

He pretended to think as he tapped his chin. After a moment, he gave me a secretive smile, "Sure, kitty. Why not?"

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Love you, Kris."

"Love you too, Krystal," he kissed the crown of my head and ran his hand through my dyed hair.

Here's a little description of who Zach is. Thank you for choosing to read AYR.

See you!

-Phantom