Chapter One

REMINDER: The dates at the start of chapters and occasionally in the middle, keep an eye out for them. The chapters may become a flashback and those dates are indications of it. Enjoy reading!

Chapter One - 4.0 GPA

Present day...

Thursday, 12th March 2020

KRYSTALLIA

The door slid open and I got out of the black Ford Expedition SUV, pulling my bag with me. The man closed the door behind me and took my chin between his fingers. He smirked, "You gonna be okay?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah." His smirk turned into a rare smile that only I get to witness, "Six months and I'll get you anything, kitty," I nodded at that. He turned his head a little to the side and I pulled his collar down to kiss his cheek, "Love you, Kris."

"Love you too, Krystal."

Kristopher- or Kris as we call him and Kristoff when we're alone- let me go and I walked towards the front door of Winterville University. I turned around to see that the SUV was already gone and a tiny laugh escaped my lips.

'Always getting away as fast as possible.'

I pushed the doors open and was met with a student-filled entrance hallway. Students were leaning by lockers, being bullied, bullying, gossiping, flexing, just your typical university. Before I could move towards wherever I need to go, a tall woman literally appeared in front of me.

"Hi there," she said in a cheery voice which I was sure it was forced. I tightly smiled, "Hi."

"Welcome to Winterville University, you must be our new sophomore, Krystallia Estrada." I nodded and she- out of nowhere may I add- linked arms with me and pulled me towards- I'm guessing- the administration office.

"So, what're you majoring in?"

"Uh, Psychology," I said while trying to take in the new school. She asked again, "How about minors?"

"Foreign languages, Biology, and Sociology."

Can we get there quicker? I can't stand her for too long. She kept babbling on about how everyone is different- I mean, they're not clones- and there's this one guy that everyone falls for, girls and boys.

I rolled my eyes at that statement. Isn't that a little too cliché? There's this bad boy that everyone is in love with, even the teachers.

She snapped me out of my thoughts by asking a question, "Are you living in or out of campus?"

"Out."

Kris said I should continue to live with him and the others even in university for my safety. I obliged since I can't stand sharing a room with a potential idiot and I love him too much to leave.

"Is your hair naturally this blonde?" she asked pointing to my platinum blonde hair. I got the bottom half of it dyed left pink, right blue a week before coming here, a week after getting kicked out of another university.

"Yeah," what the fuck are you gonna do with this information you're getting out of me? Soon, thankfully, we're standing in front of the administration office.

She let me go and stood by the door, "I'll be right here when you come out so I could give you a tour," she said while giving me a smile so wide I'm pretty sure her cheeks will break.

I nodded, walked in, and stopped in front of the reception. The woman who looks to be in her late forties, slowly looked up and met my gaze, "Can I help you?"

"I'm Krystallia Estrada."

She took a folder, checked it over, and handed it to me.

"Sit there and wait for your name to be called."

Another nod and I went to sit on one of the chairs. The folder I was holding had my fake results and resumes. When Kris had it made, it fooled me too, let alone these morons, and I grew up using these fake copies.

I felt the seat dip down from weight coming from my left and looked.

It's just a random ass dude that won't make my day any better or worse. I kept my eyes on the folder until the woman before called my name and pointed to the door with 'Principal' nailed onto it. Taking a deep breath, I knocked and pushed it open.

"Take a seat," the man in his early sixties said. I closed the door behind me and sat down in the leather chair. He stretched his hand out and I gave him the folder. He looked through the contents.

"Krystallia Madeleine Estrada, 20. Formerly from Oakland University, transferred because of family reasons?" he asked and looked up. I nodded to confirm. He continued going through, "4.0 GPA, a smart student, are you?"

I nodded again. Now I know what you're thinking. If my results say 4.0 and I end up doing badly in this school, won't it be obvious it was fake? Well, the answer is...

...that 4.0 is real. Only subjects are jumbled around to get me into the school that I chose. My GPA stayed the same. I'm pretty smart, I know.

"A great student, never caused trouble, loved by the faculties and student body, always helped students in need, one of the best students," he read out loud.

Now that is the main fake. I could care less about the faculty and students, I just need to finish my education, get a Ph.D. in Psychology if I could, and get on with my life.

He closed the folder and clasped his hands together on the table, "You're a good student. I hope you can navigate through this tough environment. Make some friends, join a club, that sort of thing."

I nodded. He looked around and gave me the folder, "If there's anything you need, or just need someone to confide in, my door is always open, or you could visit the vice principal, Mrs. Wilson."

I got up from the seat and shook his hand, "Thank you, Principal Walker."

He smiled at me and I left the room. The receptionist gave me a map and my schedule, "You're allowed to skip your first class, but not the rest."

I took the papers and nodded, "Thank you."

Quickly leaving, I was met with the girl from before. She actually waited.

"Let me take you on a tour," she said while linking arms with me. She showed me the classes I had, the cafeteria, faculty office, library, outdoor garden, sports center, and lastly, my locker that's in the live-out students' section.

"This is your locker, mine's right there," she pointed to a locker that's diagonally right to me. I nodded and she continued, "If you need anything, you can always find me hanging around there, okay?"

"Okay."

"I have to get to class, I'll see you," she waved and ran off. I unlocked the locker and stuffed the things I didn't need inside. Quickly, I checked my schedule.

French, second class. Tout simplement génial (Just great).

The first chapter's pretty boring but it'll get better soon. Thank you for choosing to read AYR.

See you!

-Phantom