Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen - Cafe

Thursday, 26th March 2020

KRYSTALLIA

Oh, god. I'm so tired.

Kris caught me texting Zach and lectured me about boys when I'm best friends with one and lives with two. Like how much more fatherly can you get?

I bet twenty Tracey calls him daddy and he has a daddy kink.

I'm getting fucking off track. Stop it, me. I wish I could slap myself without looking stupid.

I tried my hardest to focus on the professor and his teaching, but his words just aren't processing into my brain. I love learning Biology but today is just not my day. I'm basically melted ice cream, sad over a day that's not it.

I've never felt more relieved when the bell went off. Stuffing my things into my bag, I slung it over my shoulder and sped out of the class to be met with a broad chest. I caught myself before falling and looked up to meet a pair of brown eyes.

"Zach, hey."

"Diamond," he had a cheeky grin on his face. I moved past him to go to my locker and he followed beside me. While I put my books in, I asked, "What do you need?"

He shrugged, "Just...wanted to come talk to you."

I raised an eyebrow, "You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah, is it so hard to believe?" he asked in a cocky tone and I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, actually."

"What're you doing later?"

"Uh, why?"

"I wanna hang out."

I ran a quick observation on him. He's still in his douchebag look but was genuinely asking. I shook my head, "Sorry, I have a family dinner tonight."

I mean, it's not wrong. I can ditch them but I'm not going to. I love them to death.

His eyes were filled with disappointment for a tiny bit before returning to the neutral look. He straightened his posture, "Yeah, it's okay. Maybe, tomorrow?"

I nodded, "Sounds good."

We continued talking until Sam approached and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Let's go."

I nodded and waved at Zach, "See you."

He gave me a crooked grin, "See you."

And just like that, Sam pulled me away and dragged me through the front doors.

***

During dinner, Kris and KT were discussing an assassination in Ireland. A gang leader was apparently killed in cold blood by an assassin called 'E.A.'

I couldn't focus on their voices. My mind was filled with that douchebag.

I admit a hot douchebag.

There's a shit ton of hot guys in the gang, but he's on another level of attractive.

But, nothing can happen between us, right?

I can't help but feel something for him. I'm pretty closed off, the only ones who had an idea of who I was before are just the twins, Sam, Joseph, and Mark. Yet, Zach makes me wanna open myself up.

Maybe he's the one for the job.

Friday, 27th March 2020