Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve - Smith

Monday, 23rd March 2020

ZACHARY

Bright and shiny blue eyes.

Small, soft, naturally pink lips.

Really cute button nose.

Long, smooth naturally platinum blonde hair dyed pink and blue at the bottom.

Soft, smooth, round, and crystal clear face.

Snow white skin like a fragile doll.

Perfectly straight teeth.

Such a petite little stature.

So naturally beautiful-

"Zach!"

I snapped out of my little fantasy as Ben slapped my shoulder. We stopped at a red light and I turned to look at him, "What?"

"What're you thinking about?"

I shook my head, "Nothing."

Matt from behind perked up, "That didn't seem like nothing."

"I bet twenty he was thinking about Kryst," Nate added.

They saw my face turn red from embarrassment and laughed.

Yeah, thanks, friends.

I drove to Nate's parents' house so we all could set up the party. When we arrived, the door opened and Nate's older sister stood there.

"Nate, dad wants to see you," she said as we walked closer. Nate shrugged and went to see his dad. The three of us just sat on the couch while turning on the television to watch some Netflix before Nate comes back. His sister, Naomi who's 26, sat on the armchair and companied us.

Ben and Matt were quarreling like kids when Naomi sat on the arm of the sofa, "Hey, Zach."

I shifted uncomfortably, "Naomi."

"You know, we could leave these idiots and hang out in my room," she said in a seductive tone, I was about to reject when someone shouted from the stairs, "Naomi, no fucking way!"

She immediately jumped away and I turned around to see a disgusted Nate. I chuckled a little and she went up to her room in embarrassment. Nate came and sat on the floor. I poked his back with my knee, "What did your dad want?"

"He says that he, mom, and Naomi are going out for the night and that we shouldn't make a mess."

I nodded and we continued to watch the random movie playing on the screen. But I just couldn't focus.

My mind was filled with Kryst.

She's precious as a diamond.

But that Sam guy, he's really protective over her. And they act more like a couple than friends.

My phone dinged and I pulled it out of my pocket.

Diamond Kryst

I'll be able to go.

Cool, you want me to pick you up?

No it's ok, just send me the address.

Kk, party starts at 7.

K.

I sent her the address and we continued to text each other. Maybe tonight's party will be a little more fun.

***

After setting up the music with Ben, the four of us walked up to Nate's room to change.

I changed into a simple dark blue button-up with the sleeves rolled to my elbows and black pants. I was going to wear a t-shirt when I remembered that Kryst was coming, only did I opt for that button up.

I looked at the mirror to quickly style my hair.

Wait. I've never dressed up so nicely for someone before, not even those exes.

What is this girl doing to me?

***

Damn, the party's in full swing. People were grinding on the dance floor, chugging shots, or just passed out. I was at the bar with the boys but couldn't focus on what they were talking about. I kept looking around to see if she had arrived yet, but there wasn't a sign of her.

Until a particular hair color caught my eye.

"Guys, I'm gonna go for a bit," I hastily said and left them to go to that pink and blue hair. I arrived and saw her in a jacket with the middle tied with a yellow top underneath. She was wearing black jeans with a pair of converse.

I respect that.

Her hair was flowing freely down her back and I resisted the urge to run my fingers through it. Instead, I stepped closer and placed my hand on her shoulder. She turned around to meet my gaze, "Zach, hey!"

I smiled back, "You made it. I was starting to get scared that you're going to back out."

She shook her head, "Nah, if I said I was attending, you bet I'll appear."

I smirked with her but lost it when I noticed Sam with his fists clenched.

Can I know what your problem with me is?

"You guys wanna go to the bar with me?"

Kryst looked at Sam before nodding at me, "Lead the way."

I held her hand as I led them through the crowd. Her hand was so soft, I could hold it forever. We got back to the boys and Matt, who was behind the bar spotted her first, "Hey Kryst!"

She waved back before sitting on the bar as I stood beside her. Sam stood on her other side and we all just engaged in one big random conversation.

"Wanna go dance?" I asked her over the loud music. She seemed hesitant as she looked at Sam. He whispered something in her ear before nodding. She smiled and I led her to the dance floor.

We found a little spot and I placed my hands on her waist while she wrapped her arms around my neck. We just swayed to the music while resting our foreheads together.

"What's your ex's last name?" she suddenly asked out of the blue. She must've seen my confusion because she specified, "Tatiana."

"Smith, why?"

I feel like my plot twists are mere plot...turns. I didn't know where I was going with that one. Anyway, who guessed that they're sisters? Looking at you, redfearless1989. Thank you for choosing to read AYR.

See you!

-Phantom