Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One - Breaking News

Saturday, 28th March 2020

KRYSTALLIA

After dropping me off, I gave Zach a peck on the cheek before entering the mansion. Closing the door behind me, I heard him drive off and went into the living room.

Kris was on the couch scrolling through his phone. I assumed KT is asleep by now. I silently walked to him, placed my purse on the armrest and he looked up from his phone at me.

"You're back," he said with a smile and I nodded and sat next to him. I handed him his pistol and the switchblade, "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

He stuck the pistol back in his holster and the switchblade in the coffee table drawer, "I was waiting for you to come home."

"You didn't have to, Kristoff," I said, leaning into his warmth as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. He chuckled lightly, "I wanted to. I needed to know that you safely came home."

"Well, I did, so go to sleep," I said as I playfully glared at him. His deep laugh echoed around the room and he kissed my forehead, "For you."

I smiled and got up from the couch. Kris stood and took my purse before following me up to my room.

"How was your date, by the way?" Kris asked as we walked up the stairs. My lips lifted into a small smile at the memory of tonight, "It went well."

"Well, as in..." he let the sentence hang, wanting me to elaborate. I shrugged, "Just well. Dinner on a mountain cliff, small talks, he knows about you and KT being my brothers."

Kris stopped walking. Like his mind and body visibly stopped working as he stared at me, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"How?" he asked, his eyes scanning my face to find any trace of lying. I can easily get away with lying, but Kris and KT know me too well. Even the slightest kernel of falsity, they'll see it.

"Tracey's sister sent him a picture of you two. I'm assuming your girlfriend was the one who told her in the first place," I said as I tugged on the end of my pink hair, playing with it.

Kris pinched the bridge of his nose, "First of all, we're not together right now. Second, she broke a serious code and could get herself killed for it."

I shrugged my shoulders and started walking towards my room, "Maybe she just wants your attention, and doing this will absolutely get it."

He fell in step next to me, "I don't even know why she tries. She's just a fuck and she knows it really well."

"You know, treating girls like this is really bad. How would you feel if I was treated like that, my feelings being unreciprocated?" I asked, looking at him. He pursed his lips, "I would kill the person."

I lightly smacked his arm, "See? To me, it's either go into the relationship all the way or go out all the way. No 'on and off' or whatever."

He looked down, the gears in his mind turning as he processed my words.

"What about you and Sam? I know your 'relationship'," he did quotation marks with his fingers and I shrugged, "No feelings were involved. And we're only doing it when both are single. We wouldn't want to cheat."

After a while, he nodded, "I'll talk to her." He smiled reassuringly at me and I returned the smile. By now, we were standing in my bedroom. Kris handed me my purse and kissed my forehead, "Good night, Krystal kitty."

"Night, Kristoff."

He gave me a smile before closing the door softly and I turned around to put my purse on the vanity. I briskly showered, brushed my teeth, changed into a silk nightgown before climbing under the duvet cover.

My eyes slowly close after a while. I heard my bedroom door open, someone walking towards the bed, switching the lamp off, pecking my temple, and walking out, closing the door silently.

I smiled lightly as I let my mind rest from today.

***

Sunday, 29th March 2020

I didn't even drink that much and I'm hating the obnoxious beeping sound that's created right on my bedside table.

Slamming my palm on it to shut it up, I rolled onto the other side and buried my head in the fluffy pillow. The door opened and closed and I heard someone walk to the windows.

Immediately, I looked up from the pillow and at the culprit, "Don't even be in a ten feet radius of the curtains. Back away from the fabric."

KT laughed and went to sit on my bed next to me. He gently tugged at the duvet, "Time to wake up."

I peeked from one eye to see his normal charming smile and stuffed my face back in the pillow, "No."

I know he rolled his eyes before pulling the duvet off me and the cold air washed over me and I shivered. KT took a silk robe from my bedside table drawer and placed it over me, "Breakfast is ready, Kryssie. Let's go."

I shook my head and he sighed before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. He grabbed the robe and started to bring me down to the dining room.

"KT, let me down!" I struggled in his hold and hit his back but I knew it had completely no effect on him. He hummed, "No."

"Kristian, I'm serious! Put me down!"

I heard him chuckle a little, "If you promise to be a good little Kryssie, then I'll put you down."

"I promise, I swear on my broken heart. Just put me down!"

I heard him sigh before setting me down on my feet and letting me wear the robe. I tied the robe sash as we walked down the steps. KT ran his hand through my bed hair to smooth it out a little.

We entered and saw Kris eating waffles while reading the news on a tablet.

"Morning, Kris," I greeted and he looked up from the tablet to give me a nod and gestured for us to sit. We did and the maids placed our breakfasts in front of us and we dug in.

"The new kids are driving me insane," Kris said and both of us looked up from our plate. KT took a sip of his coffee, "Latest batch?" he nodded.

A new batch of high school graduates had joined us, mostly contained of boys with relatives in and their girlfriends.

"In what way?" I asked, taking a bite of my chocolate waffle. Kris pinched the bridge of his nose as he sighed, "They're getting too cocky. Doesn't want to train, those boys. I'll need your help with the girls."

I gave him a nod and he sent me a secretive smile before returning to his neutral expression.

"How bad are they?" I asked again and he grimaced at the thought of the girls, "Scared of knives and guns. Won't try to throw a teeny tiny dagger at the target. Screams at the sight of blood when they lose them every month."

Oh, god. These girls are going to be fucking hell.

"And also," Kris said, turning the tablet towards me, "Read this."

I took the tablet and read the headline.

BREAKING NEWS

E.A. STRIKES AGAIN

        The infamous assassin has done it again. They took the life of Theodore Prince, CEO of Prince Holdings Limited, at 11:32pm last night. The culprit left no evidence of their true identity, only their signature marking, EA, on the victim's chest.

"Who do you think is orchestrating this?" I asked, handing the tablet back. Kris shrugged, "It could be anyone. Our allies have been talking about it and no one knows anything."

I looked down at my plate of food.

Hm.

Thank you for choosing to read AYR.

See you!

-Phantom