Chapter Thirty-Two

A/N: I'm on a roll with these double uploads.

Chapter Thirty-Two - Girlfriend

Monday, 6th April 2020

ZACHARY

I sat on my chair as the other guys were sprawled on the bed. I've been waiting for Kryst to call me for a few hours already. I kept staring at the phone, giving one-word answers as they asked random questions.

"Dude, you're gonna burn your eyes," Ben said, snatching my phone out of my hand and I glared at him. He stared back, "Why're you staring at your phone like that, anyway?"

"None of your business," I said as I grabbed my phone back.

It was almost dinner time and luckily, mom was out with her boyfriend. I went to the pizza website, "Who wants pizza?"

***

As I was chewing on the slice of pepperoni pizza, my phone vibrated and I checked the notifications.

Diamond Kryst
I'm home if you wanna come over.

I swiped it open with a smile.

Diamond Kryst

I'm home if you wanna come over.

Your bros cool with it, right?

Yeah.

K, be there in thirty.

I didn't get a reply back so I assumed she read the text. I got up, stuffed my phone in my pocket after eating the slice of pizza, picked up my wallet and keys before heading out. Ben poked his head out from the couch, "Where are you going?"

"Kryst's place."

"When'll you be back?" Matt asked, sipping on his beer and I replied with a smirk, "I hope not tonight."

With that, I left the house and into my car. Winter passed but there was still some light snowfall here and there. I started up the car and drove over to her house.

Or should I say, mansion?

***

I got out of the car and walked to the door. Ringing the doorbell, I thought of Kryst and her new tattoo as I waited for someone to open. The door lever moved and it opened to reveal one of the twins.

"Come in."

He moved out of the way for me to walk in. He closed the door behind me before walking into the living room, "She's in her room."

I replied with an 'okay' before walking up the shiny marble stairs. Remembering where to go from the last time I was here, I walked along the hallway to find her door. I knocked twice before calling out, "Diamond?"

No answer.

I knocked again before slowly opening the door and stepping in. She wasn't in here but I closed the door behind me anyway. I was about to call out again when she appeared from her closet.

"You're here," she said with a smile that I returned. She came and sat on the bed as I sat beside her. She was silent for a moment before she tugged the neckline of her shirt down to reveal the transparent bandage over her heart.

I gently grazed my thumb around the tattoo as I stared at the heart in awe. I looked up to meet her eyes and found her already watching my reaction.

"It's beautiful, but why?"

She smiled and kissed my cheek, "Another time."

I stared at her for a moment before nodding and my eyes found the necklace around her neck. It had a smooth crystal gem with 'KryS' engraved in the center.

"What's this?" I asked, my fingers reaching for the pendant. She placed her hand on my arm and gently stroked it, "A present from Sam."

I hummed in response and let go of the pendant before wrapping my arms around her waist, "What were you doing in your closet?"

"Picking out some outfits," she answered, tugging at the drawstrings of my hoodie. I pressed further, "For what?"

"For school. I tend to wake up late so I prepare the night before."

I nodded even though I didn't buy the answer but didn't decide to push on. I picked her up from her hips and laid her on the bed before hovering over her and snuggling my head in her neck, gently placing soft kisses all over.

"Can I stay the night?" I mumbled against her skin. She slid her hands up my torso and stopped at my chest.

I didn't think she would push me away though.

She pushed me to lay beside her and I raised an eyebrow in confusion. She softly sighed, "You can stay, but no funny business."

I smirked and leaned in to press my lips against hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I hovered over her. My hands ran all over her beautiful body and she flipped us over so she was on top.

She leaned in and kissed me again as I slid one hand under her shirt and used the other to hold her thigh. My hoodie had ridden up and my abs were on display. She traced them gently with the tip of her finger and I shivered under her touch.

After a pleasurable while, we pulled away and my eyes landed on her swollen lips as a smile overtook mine. She rolled off of me and snuggled close. I wrapped an arm around her body before burying my nose in her hair.

"Question," I asked.

"Shoot."

Is it too fast? I dunno. It just seemed right.

"We've been on one date but I just had to ask," I said as I tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "Be my girlfriend?"

She stiffened under my hold and I pulled back a little to look at her face. She raised an eyebrow, "It's been a month since we've met. Is this my surprise birthday present?"

I hesitated a little, "Well, you could say that. And I think if we are compatible, it shouldn't matter how long we've met, right?"

She stared at me with a raised eyebrow and I placed a hand on her cheek, "Are you considering rejecting me?"

She blinked before answering, "No, it's just...I don't know. I like you, but..."

"But...?"

"It's a tad too fast for me. I want you to seriously consider this," she said as she pushed herself out of my hold and laid on the other side of the bed.

I propped myself on my elbows as I looked at her, "I have. I really like you and I want to pursue a relationship with you."

I heard her sigh before saying, "If we get together, you'll have to be ready for anything."

I gently wrapped an arm around her waist as I scooted closer so I was spooning her, "I am. Whatever this relationship brings us, we'll deal with it together."

She spoke again, "And you have to promise, it's not your secrets or my secrets anymore, it's ours. Only ours."

I kissed the back of her head, "No lying, no cheating, no hiding. Just us."

"And whatever imperfections we have, we'll accept it," she said as she placed a hand on mine.

"Imperfections make us...us. We'll embrace it."

"One more thing."

I gently rubbed her arm, "Anything."

"You have to promise me...you won't break my trust or my heart."

"I promise you."

Thank you for choosing to read AYR.

See you!

-Phantom