Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five - Gun Under The Pillow

Sunday, 29th March 2020

ZACHARY

After that Powell guy left, it was around nine at night. The Estradas were standing in the foyer, seemingly having a silent conversation until, I think, Kristian yawned, "I'm gonna go to bed first. Long day tomorrow. Good night."

Kristopher and Kryst bid goodnight and Kristian walked up the steps.

"Keep the door ajar, please," Kristopher said as he pecked his sister's forehead. Kryst's face burned up and she punched his side, "Kris!"

He just laughed and walked off. She grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs. As we walked, I took in the interior design of the mansion. She wasn't kidding when she said her family's well off. They're fully loaded.

Soon enough, she pushed open a cream-colored panel door with the sign 'Princess' decorated with flowers tacked on it.

The room was...not what I expected from her. Pastel purple from head to toe. She even had giant teddy bears and a fluffy bean bag. The bed had a fluffy purple duvet cover on it with an immense amount of fluffy pillows.

I made a mental note to shower her with kisses, affection, and fluffy things the moment we go exclusive.

"Woah," was all I could muster up. Kryst closed the door behind me, "I know, you didn't expect a bedroom like this for a girl like me."

"I mean, yeah," I nudged my head at the door, "Princess?" She shrugged, "I had it ever since I was born. Just decided to leave it there."

I looked at the fluffy things in the room, which is a good 85 percent, "You really like fluff, huh?" She nodded, "It's comfy."

I pointed at the giant toys scattered around the room, "Stuffed animals?" She shrugged again, "Collected it throughout the years. I stopped just before high school."

I walked to the teddy bear beside her bed as it stood out, the height reaching my waist, "What about this one?"

Her face was expressionless as she said, "Dad gave it to me on my sixth birthday. Been my favorite one ever since."

I nodded and asked, "Where are your parents anyway?" She stiffened at my words and I walked over to hold her small hand. She sighed, "They're overseas."

I nodded again and she slowly pulled her hand out of mine, "Sit on the bed if you want. I need to do something."

"Okay," was all I said before she kissed my cheek and left for her walk-in closet. What could she possibly do in that?

I sat down on the queen size bed and looked around the room.

KRYSTALLIA

After closing the closet door, I quickly ran into the weapons room and pressed my back against the door. Why is he making me want to tell him everything?

I quickly shook that train of thought away and went to my AI.

"Crystal Undead, status update on the check," I said as I touched the hologram pad and selected the files of the new girls. The slot opened and out came the file but thicker now and the AI said, "Checking...complete."

"Thank you," I took the file out and quickly went through it. While flipping through, I said without looking at the hologram, "Pull up Camera 314."

"Yes, Krystallia."

I tore my gaze away from the file to look at the floating hologram and sighed in relief when I saw Zach still sitting on the bed. The camera was hidden above the closet door and no one would notice it.