Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen - Warmth

Saturday, 17th May 2008

THIRD PERSON

"Use your dominant eye," Joseph said, standing behind the girl. She slightly closed her left eye to get a better focus on her right.

"Align it with your eye," he looked from above her as she moved her hands.

"Point at the target," she aimed at the red dot in the middle of red circles. He knelt behind her to slightly adjust her fingers to hold the gun better. He then moved her legs to stand slightly further for better balance.

"Is it pointing right at the target?" he asked, looking at the target while standing beside her.

"Yes."

"Pull the trigger."

A gunshot rang through the room as the bullet hit the target. He had a hand behind her back so when she fired, she wouldn't fall and hurt herself.

"Bullseye," he said, a smile appearing on his face as he looked at the eight-year-old. He took the gun out of her small hands and placed it back in his holster.

The girl looked up at him innocently, "So that's what Kristoff feels when he shoots?"

He smiled and knelt down to her height before ruffling up her hair, "Yes, sweetie."

She laughed and the door suddenly slammed open. Joseph got up to see a panicking Kris. The teen sighed in relief when he saw his sister, but quickly turned his attention to the older man.

"You let her in here? It's too dangerous for her," he said, slight anger lacing his words. Joseph held up his hands in surrender, "She wanted to see what was here and I wasn't going to stop her."

He sighed before waving it off, "Whatever. Krystal kitten, come here."

She ran into her brother's arms as she was enveloped in his embrace. This was one of the good things from her life before the incident she was grateful she kept close.

His warmth.

Saturday, 28th March 2020

KRYSTALLIA

"Kryssie."

I broke out of the flashback and my eyes found KT sitting on the bed.

"What're you thinking about?"

"The past."

"Which part?"

"My first lesson."

"Your first shot."

I nodded and he held my hand before gently giving it a squeeze, silently reassuring me that everything will be okay, everything will be worth it in the end.

"It's time for your date."

I looked at the wall clock.

6:28pm

Zach's coming at seven.

Hmm...

I got up from the chair and walked into my closet, followed by KT. I looked through the dresses and wasn't feeling it. Then I went through some casual wear.

I mean, it's the first date. Just a trial run.

I pulled out a short sleeve flowy crop top and a pair of jean shorts. Immediately, the shorts were snatched away from my hands and was replaced with black skinny jeans. I looked at KT who had on a disapproving frown.

"You are not wearing shorts on a first date."

I whined, "Why not?" His face softened at my voice and came to hug me, "You know how Kris is, Kryssie."

I buried my face in his chest, "I should actually follow what you guys say. I owe it to you both anyway."

He stroked and played with the blue colored hair.

KT has always preferred the blue side ever since I got it, and Kris liked the pink side. He said it matches my platinum blonde hair and pale skin perfectly.

We eventually pulled away and I held the clothing in my hand, taking undergarments, my towel, and walked into the bathroom. I heard KT flop on the bed and stifled a laugh. I quickly stripped and got in the shower.

***

I was drying my hair carefully when a knock came from the door. I glanced at the clock and it showed I had another fifteen minutes.

"Who is it?" I asked while putting down my towel.

"KT."

I unlocked the door and he walked in. I pulled out a chair, sat down, and he started gently combing through my hair as I accessorize.

I wore dangling pearl earrings and a black choker with a diamond pendant. KT was soon done with my hair and he helped me put on the choker.

I got up, stuffed my things into a small cross-body purse, wore my converse, and walked down to the foyer with KT.

Once I got off the last step, the doorbell rang and Kris emerged from the doorway to the living room.

"Krystal, stay right there."

I stood still and he walked over to inspect my outfit. He opened my purse to check it before putting a switchblade and a tiny revolver in. I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, "Seriously? Just a mini revolver?"

He pursed his lips, thinking about it before switching the revolver with his own gun. He closed my purse and kissed my forehead, "Stay safe, kitty."

"I will."

KT gave me a kiss on the cheek as I passed and I held the door handle.

"Love you both."

"We love you too."

I smiled before exiting the building and closing the door behind me. I turned around to be met with Zach in a black button-up with sleeves rolled up to his elbows, showing off his tattoos and black jeans.

"Hey," I greeted with a smile that he returned, "Hey, you look beautiful."

"You don't look too bad yourself."

He smiled before stretching his hand out, "Shall we, milady?"

"We shall," I said as I took his hand.

The next chapter is the date. Stay tuned on Thursday to read it! Thank you for choosing to read AYR.

See you!

-Phantom