Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

                It was getting late by the time we left Caesar's office, meaning we only had about twenty minutes left until training started for the day and that meant there was only twenty minutes to eat and I was starving. I need to eat in the morning. It's the most important meal of the day and although my body doesn't necessarily need sleep it sure needs food.

                But as you can probably guess Rick was determined to have me starve until lunch. He would not shut up. No matter how many times I told him I had no idea what was going on or why there were people after him, he kept on talking. Maybe he thought I could magically conjure some answers out of thin air but I'm only a spy not Harry Potter.

                I couldn't take him to the dining hall like that, he'd blab to anyone who'd listen that I'd taken him out of HQ last night and we'd gotten attacked by some thug that worked for another thug that was after him. I would be exploited and then I'd get kicked out for taking him with me and almost getting him killed. There was no way for me to win if he screwed things up by talking.

                Honestly, I had all the same questions banging around in my head just begging to be answered, only thing is even though I had all those questions in my head begging to be answered at least I had the self-control and the smarts not to voice them like Rick because I knew the consequences. I know I'm being mean but I may, quite possibly, have a slight anger management problem that tends to rear its ugly head when I get annoyed and lately I've found that its favorite time of day is whenever I'm around Rick.

                Me, and my little monster, had finally had enough of Rick's talking so I whirled on him shoving him up against the wall by the collar of his shirt holding him there tightly with my one hand while I pointed at his face with the other one menacingly.

                "Listen Ricky, I don't know any more about this whole mess then you do, so you better just shut your mouth and be patient until we can get some answers. Talking about it won't help and it could get us caught and my ass kicked out. Remember that?" I said impatiently pausing to let my words sink in. He just looked at me and I started to feel a little bad for lashing out on him. Not to mention stupid. I sighed but didn't release my grip any, "Besides I told you last night that I didn't want to talk unless I approach you first and did I? No. Now, I'm starving and I would really like to get some breakfast but I can't take you in there if you won't shut up. Comprende?" I asked him maintaining eye contact, my grip on him never faltering. He nodded and I let go of him patting his cheek, "And if you don't do what I say I'll just kick your ass even harder in training than I already plan on doing." I said to him over my shoulder as we continued to walk. He smirked at me but was silent. For about two seconds. I'm beginning to think he talks just to annoy me. It works. My little anger management monster hates it. Or loves it depending on how you look at it.

                Also, it sucks that he knows most of my threats are empty because I can't really follow through since he's got too much leverage on me.

                "So, what exactly am I going to be doing in training? Am I going to be learning how to fight and all that stuff?" I sighed and he smirked at my sign of annoyance. Yeah, he definitely does it to annoy me. "Oh and there's no way someone as short as you could ever kick my ass." I rolled my eyes, I was only an inch or so shorter than him. And did he not just get shoved with ease against the wall by me?

                "You'd be surprised at some of the things I can do Ricky. Besides that thug I beat up last night was twice your size unless you count your humongous ego, then you are about twelve times the size of him." he frowned at me and pretended to wince like my comment had actually stung him, but I knew it hadn't.