Chapter 89: Start Again

Narrator's POV

Lauren left the party before eleven. She loved being with her friends, but she could not enjoy it tonight. Lauren loved food but barely ate them at the party. She decided to leave the party earlier than the rest as she knew she could not be present and engage with the conversation. It was better to get back to her apartment. She needed alone time to make calm herself down.

Driving home, passing New York street, Lauren felt empty. Her heart was empty. She was sad, but she did not shed tears. She did not want to cry. Emma and Normani tried to console her after she and Camila talked. Lauren said nothing and expressed nothing. She might get a chance in the future if they broke up. However, it was a slight chance even though it was possible. The thing was that Harry had secretly been in love with Camila forever. He had her now. He would do his best to nourish their relationship.

Arriving at her apartment, Lauren felt exhausted, not physically but emotionally. She felt numb. Lauren was hurting more than when she left Camila and New York. She thought that It might be how Camila felt when Camila saw her kiss Selena and when Lauren left her. Lauren did not want to think about how tomorrow could be. All she wanted to do tonight was take a long shower, and have a long sleep. She hoped that the long shower could calm her mind, and the long sleep could take away her sadness that she could wake up and start again with a new day, a new start, a new feeling.

Opening her apartment door, Lauren did not turn on the light. She locked the door and leaned on it. She closed her eyes and tried to calm her mind in the dark, in silence. She took a deep breath, breathing in and out feeling the air through her body. She did her best not to think of anything, just felt her breathing, and listened to her body. After a moment, she felt calmer and better. She opened her eyes and went inside to get herself a drink.

Lauren halted when she stepped further into her apartment as she saw a silhouette of a woman, by the window. Her back was facing Lauren. Lauren did not have to turn on the light, and she did not have to turn around, Lauren knew who it was. She recognized her as she remembered every curve of her. She was the love of her life. She was her Camila.

Camila turned around as Lauren walked closer. Camila was Delilah with the mask on. She was wearing the same white dress from the party. Lauren was admiring her angle in the dark with only the moonlight light shining through the window.

"Camila..." Lauren said her name quietly when she reached her and stood in front of her.

Camila did not say anything. She was looking at Lauren. Camila stepped closer, and she touched Lauren's face.

"Hi..." Lauren smiled subtly and felt emotional. She held Camila's hand, which was on her face. She just hoped it was not a dream as it felt surreal. "I'm so..." Lauren wanted to apologize again, but Camila put her finger on Lauren's lips. It reminded Lauren of her the first time they met. Camila was wearing a mask, and Camila put her finger on her lips. "Camz..." Lauren looked into Camila's eyes.

"Let's start again!?" Camila asked Lauren. Lauren was speechless, "yeah?" Camila asked again as Lauren did not say anything.

"..." Lauren chuckled lightly. A tear escaped from her right eye. She could not believe it. She nodded to agree with Camila. Camila smiled for the first time. They were looking into each other eyes they missed to stare into.

"but... how about Harry?" Lauren asked.

"Nothing about him. It's about us." Camila said.

Camila slowly touched her lips on Lauren's. They both closed their eyes and kissed gently. They saw nothing but felt everything. They felt the missing one was coming home. The kiss was so light, so gentle. Lauren was delicately kissing Camila as she was afraid of hurting her again. Camila was slowly kissing Lauren as she was trying to convince herself that it would be fine to let Lauren in again.