Chapter 47: Chose to Trust

Lauren's POV

I arrived in the office, as usual, thirty minutes before the office hour started. Drinking my coffee, I checked my schedule and emails. Forty-five minutes later, I saw Camila passed my office. I heard she greeted everyone like she always did, "Good morning!" I was relieved to find out that she came to the office, did not work from home that I could talk to her in person. I waited for ten minutes before I went to her office. Hailee usually would spend ten or fifteen minutes in her office when Camila just arrived.

Today we did not have any meetings. Camila did not have any meetings as well when I checked with Hailee earlier. Ten minutes passed, I went to Camila's office. It was the right time as Hailee just came out of her room. Hailee saw me and she told Camila, "Camila, Lauren is here." She let the door open and I went inside her office. I closed the door as we needed to talk. In general, I would not close the door if I had a brief visit to her office unless we wanted to talk about something confidential.

"Good morning, Camila!" I looked at her hoping she was not angry at me anymore. Her mood looked neutral.

"Good morning!" She did not look at me as usual.

"Can we talk please?"

"Go ahead!" She asked me to start but she did not look at me. I did not say anything waiting for her to look at me.

She did, "Yes, Lauren?"

I smiled. She did not smile back. She was still mad at me, "Camz..."

"We're at the office hour, Lauren. If you want to talk about work please go ahead, apart from that, I don't have time."

"Okay... so... our deal is not valid today?" I tried my luck.

"What deal?" She answered coldly.

"What we agreed on yesterday afternoon," I said. It could not be she forgot about it.

"I don't understand." She did not look at me but at her computer screen.

"Camz, we agreed that I will come here every morning and afternoon before you leave." I did not have to say what we agreed on, did I?

"Oh, that's not valid anymore. Did not I make myself clear last night?" She looked at me with her challenging eyes.

"Camila... please... let's talk about it," I asked her.

"I don't have time for that, Lauren." She ignored me again and took her phone instead.

If she was just my casual crush or if I was not in love with her so much, I would just leave. I sighed and walked to her side, "Camila..." I squatted down that I could see her eyes. "I don't want a casual relationship with you. I don't want "friends with benefits" with you, I am serious with you. I want us to work... please don't cancel the date."

She did not look at me, she did not answer me, but she stood up walking to the door. I was not going to let her leave this time. I ran after her and pulled her to me holding her by her waist. She wanted to push me away but I did not let her go. I engulfed her in a hug. One hand was holding her waist, another one was on her head. I hugged her tightly until she did not protest, and hug me back. She did stop after two minutes. She was such a big baby. I kissed her head when she hugged me back and laid her head on my chest. I caressed her head. She smelt so good.

After five minutes of hugging her, I lifted her head and looked into her eyes, "Camila, I really like you. I am not playing you." She was still avoiding my eyes, "I met Vero by accident. I did not know she would be there and there's nothing between Vero and me. It was in the past. All that I care now is you." She still did not look at me but she did not say anything nor stop me, "It crossed my mind to ask you to come with me last night, but it was a private party and last week Normani and I had reconfirmed to Demi that we would come alone without any friends. I didn't want to be rude so I didn't ask you to come with me. If I know you would go to the party, I would definitely go with you." I lifted her chin to make her look at me, "Vero and I were just dancing."