Chapter 79: Puzzle in Mind

Narrator's POV

The next day, Mr. Viggo contacted Camila. He would like to update her about the previous owner of the painting.  Jason also had come up with the result. He had not found the man behind the shot but this time, he came up with result that Camila needed from the auction. He met Camila in her study room reporting everything he found.

First was Matthew. It was true that he flew from London to New York to join the auction since he found out about the painting. The source said he was highly interested in the painting by telling them that the painting looked like someone he admired. It was likely that he knew the girl in the painting was Camila. He was still obsessed with Camila not to mention that he still maintain a good relationship with Javier thinking he might get a chance with his niece.

The second thing was about Emma. Emma had visited Lauren quite often at her apartment in the past as they were close. She was one of the few who Lauren invited to her apartment. It was undoubtedly she had seen the painting. She knew it was Lauren's. Her motive was unknown as well but Camila had asked Emma. Jason had checked her communication. She last contacted Lauren a day before Lauren left for London. There was not any further communication between these two unless they communicated secretly with other means of communication. Jason's finding of Emma had reconfirmed that Emma had told Camila the truth last night. 

The next thing was about the man, the first man joined the bidding until the last before Camila finished the bidding. He did not buy the painting for himself. He was a representative to a secret wealthy man who turned out to be Mr. Solomon himself. It was hard to find out about it but Jason managed to get some information since Mr. Solomon himself was a very secretive person. Jason did not find out why he was buying his own painting even the bidder who represented him knew nothing.

The last thing was about Lucy. It was an unexpected fact about her. Lucy indeed was wealthy enough but not as wealthy as Camila. She lived a modest lifestyle and did not show much about who she was. Jason had not found out her motive to purchase the painting but It seemed she knew that Delilah, the girl in the painting was Camila. She should know the patining was Lauren's as she sometimes visited Lauren's apartment before. Lucy was just like Emma. They loved art. There was also a chance she came to the painting by herself.

One unpleasant fact that Jason hesitated to tell Camila but he had to was that Lucy was related to Mrs. Cabello. He found out that Lucy was Camila's half-sister. They had the same mother. Lucy who used to work at the creative team at the Cabello Corp inherited the creativity from Mrs. Cabello who was an architect. She never knew about Camila until Camila joined the company. Jason needed to investigate further about the new fact he found about Lucy as Camila demanded before she decided her next move. 

Jason had come up with the details, but it was not clear what their real reason or motive behind each of them to own the painting excluding Emma. Matthew might be being his crazy self or related to Javier. Mr. Solomon might be just doing business to get the painting sold at a high price. If he just wanted to have that painting he could have bought it from Lauren when Lauren asked his approval when she wanted to put it on the auction. Lucy was an artistic person, but it was unthinkable she wanted the painting just for art fun if she knew it was Camila. In conclusion, Camila had two choices: to find out their real motives or to leave them behind since the painting was safe with her now.

.

Camila wanted to talk to Mr.Viggo in person so she went to his office after the lunch break.

"How are you, Mr. Viggo?" Camila said when she walked into Mr. Viggo's office.

"I am good, Camila. How are you doing?" They shook hands.

"I am good as well. You have a beautiful office," Camila looked around, "very artistic." Camila said admiring Mr. Viggo's room.