Chapter 43: "Fish and Chips" (She's so Whipped)

Camila's POV

It was Monday. I got back to my normal schedule as Sofia's summer break was over and she was back to school. I would go to the office five days a week and leave one hour earlier. I would skip one or two days a week if I had something else to do or if I just felt like doing my work from home. I thought I would spend more time going to the office because of Dinah. Dinah decided to join my company by next week in the sales department. She just wanted to gain some experience, she could not care less about the paycheck. She had had enough wealth as her parents had a good business in the finance industry. Since she chose the sales department, she could learn from Lauren who was one of the best in that department.

My learning session with Lauren was not as intensive as before only once a week on Saturday morning. On the weekdays, I would do my actual responsibilities. Things seemed to be more understandable and manageable now, I still needed Lauren's advice and opinion nonetheless. She trusted me. She believed that I was ready to be on my own but still I was not. She had helped me a lot in taking this huge responsibility as the CEO. There was always the time I wanted to give up, especially at the first three or four months, but she always encouraged me. I was glad she always be by my side supporting me and now we had a special connection.

We just had our first kiss last Wednesday, I did not know how serious she was but I did like her, and I did fall in love with her. It might be too early to think too far, but I would like her to be part of my life and I wanted to be part of her life. I wanted us to be official, to be exclusive but I was afraid that Lauren who loved and enjoyed her freedom would not ready for that, and I did not want to rush us into a relationship as well. 

I did not know whether it would work as we're quite the opposite from our backgrounds and our lifestyles. The different financial background was not a problem for me, but Lauren probably would find it uncomfortable. I could see from how she was when I replaced the phone, gave her the gloves, and gave her a car when she took it as temporary. She was the morning person and I was the night owl. She loved being outdoors, doing sports, and hanging out with friends, and meeting new people, while I loved being at home, hardly doing sports except swimming which I forgot when the last time I did it, and unwilling and uninterested to talk to strangers. She loved going to clubs and I found clubs boring.

I tried to believe the idea of opposites attract and tried to believe it would work out well as long as we had love, respect, and open communication, and put effort into our relationship. That was what the experts said as I had never been in a real relationship, unlike Lauren. She had a real relationship before as Ally told me, and she also had many casual relationships, or one-night stands, or friends with benefit, whatever it was called. I just hoped I was not one of her casual dates or friends with benefits or even worst coworkers with benefits.

We had many things to learn about each other. We had many things to talk about before we went further, such as our professional relationship related to our personal relationship. I did not want things to get complicated as this company needed her, probably more than the company needed me. I still wanted to know about her conversation with my uncle. I did still want to know what made her leave my place that way on that day when Dinah came. Utmost, I wanted to know what she would think if she knew I was Delilah and I did not tell her until today. 

.

Hailee just left my office and Lauren came in.

"Good morning, Camila!" She greeted me with her charming smile. I wondered if she knew she was so charming. It was not only my personal opinion but also others'.

"Good morning, Lauren!" I greeted her back as usual. "How was your sleep?"

"Good... thank you... for singing me to sleep." She smiled. It was nice to see a good smile in the morning, "I just want to ask you." She looked hesitant.