Chapter 37: I Missed You

Narrator's POV

In the evening, Camila asked Dinah to come over to her place. She was anxious the whole day thinking of Lauren's well-being. Where she was? Was she safe? Did the bad guys kidnap her? Lauren was missing no news. They never texted each other unless they wanted to update about work or an appointment for the theme park, but she texted her this morning. Lauren did not reply to her message. Camila needed someone to listen to her and distract her that she invited Dinah. It was good Dinah was back in New York.

Dinah came before dinner time. They had many things to catch up on. Camila wanted to know how Dinah was doing but Dinah wanted to hear about Lauren. Camila told Dinah everything about Lauren. She did not miss telling Dinah about Delilah's story. She also told Dinah her feeling for Lauren that she had fallen in love with Lauren who had also brought her a new light. 

"Ooh, that's so sweet, and you didn't tell me she was gorgeous and hot as hell," Dinah said fanning herself playfully. Camila laughed. Camila would mention Lauren once in a while when Camila and Dinah had a call. Camila did not mention to Dinah that she was in love with Lauren before. She told her everything now.

Camila pursed her lips as she did not know where Lauren was. "... and I don't know where she is now." A notification popped up on her phone. Jason sent her a message saying that Lauren was back in her apartment. She was safe and sound. Camila felt relieved. It crossed her mind to text her but she did not. "She's back in her apartment. Jason just texted me." Camila said. Jason had ordered his guy to standby at Lauren's apartment building.

"Although she's 'missing' without news... at least she's safe," Dinah said.

"Yes, Dinah, It's unlike her. She never did that," Camila said, "she even left the car like that. I hope she will be back in the office tomorrow."

"Do you want to talk to her? We can cancel our trip tomorrow." Dinah asked. Since Camila could not concentrate well today at work, she decided to have a day off tomorrow. She and Dinah planned to have a small trip to a flower farm in upstate New York. They would take Sofia and her friend with them as well.

On the other side, Lauren was back in her apartment. She saw Normani's message and she replied to her. Normani came over and they had dinner together. Normani told Lauren that Ally was worried about her and asked Lauren to inform Ally, but she did not. Lauren said she would go to the office tomorrow. It was not professional at all that she did not show up in the office and did not inform anyone, but it crossed her mind to quit now. They were sitting on Lauren's small balcony after dinner.

"Mani..." Lauren called Normani. They both were looking at the night sky. Normani was enjoying her red wine while Lauren was just drinking tea.

"Yes?" Normani replied but she was still looking a the sky. She turned her head to Lauren when she did not hear anything from Lauren.

"Do you think Camila likes me?" Lauren asked.

Normani was taken aback that finally, her best friend said it, "Very possible," Normani said. Normani was sure but she wanted to see Lauren's reaction.

"You think so?" Lauren asked again.

"Yes, she cares about you so much, too much for a boss cares about her staff." Normani smiled. She looked at the sky again. She did not want to look at Lauren that Lauren could tell more about her feeling.

Lauren chuckled, "Mr. Cabello cared about me, too. But yea... she cares about me too much." Lauren looked at the sky thinking of Camila.