Chapter 4: New Role

Narrator's POV

Lauren just had her lunch with Normani and heading back to her office. Her phone went off. It was Ally and she was Mr. Cabello's executive assistant. She and her team were helping Mr. Cooper to keep things running while the CEO position was still vacant.

"Hi, Ally!"

"Hi, Lauren! Do you have fifteen to thirty minutes?" Ally asked.

"Is it urgent, Ally?"

"Not that urgent, but important."

"Ok, can you give me fifteen minutes? I'll be in your office." Lauren thought Ally needed her help. Ally  needed more help since Mr. Cabello was not here anymore, but she was that energetic woman who always tried to be optimistic.

"Ok, but not my office. Come to Mr. Cooper's office." Ally told Lauren.

"Oh, okay. See you there in fifteen." Lauren ended the call. Lauren was a bit worried as many things going on this year since the CEO passed away. She did not know what to expect. 

.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Cooper, Ally." Lauren greeted Mr. Bradley Cooper who was the managing director of the Cabello Corp. He was the most trusted person of Mr. Cabello.

"Afternoon, Lauren. Have a seat, please." Mr. Cooper replied to Lauren and she took a seat on the couch, next to Ally, in front of Mr. Cooper.

"Mr. Cooper is everything okay?" Lauren was not sure. She was afraid they would transfer her to another position that she did not like. Currently, Lauren was a sales manager and also a part of the business analyst team. Last year, Mr. Cabello convinced her to be a part of the business analyst team in addition to her main role as the sales manager

Mr. Cooper smiled, "Everything is okay, Lauren. Don't worry." He saw Lauren's worried face.

"We have a proposition for you." Mr. Cooper said.

"Proposition?" Lauren guessed it was likely a change of job position.

"Yes, Lauren. As you know, next week, we are going to welcome our new CEO, Ms. Cabello, a daughter of Alejandro." Lauren nodded, "She is an intelligent and sharp-witted person but she is inexperienced. We need to support her. We are setting up a team for her. We have talked to her that she will need it, and she accepted this idea. Mr. Bardem proposed a team."

"Mr. Bardem?" Lauren frowned, and they shared a knowing look.

"Yes, and I wanted to propose one as well. For sure, it is up to her, which team she is going to choose."

"Okay...," Lauren was listening to Mr. Cooper. She could see what was coming.

"I want to include you in the team that I propose, Lauren."

"Oh, okay...," Lauren was not surprised, but she was not excited as well.

"You seem not interested?" Mr. Cooper asked while Ally hoped that Lauren would agree.

"I... Mr. Cooper, I have questions." Lauren did not answer him. She instead asked  him questions.

"Yes, Lauren?'

"Who will be in the team? What about my current position, and what made you want to include me, I am sure many people in this company could support Ms. Cabello?" Lauren asked.It was not that Lauren did not want to help. She just loved her current position too much. Lauren loved being a sales manager. She loved the world of sales. Last year, she was pointed as a business analyst as well by Mr. Cabello himself. It made her unable to reject it.