Chapter 72: Surpised Her

Narrator's POV

Lauren called Camila during the lunch break.

** call started **

Camila: Hi, Lern!

Lauren: Hi, Camz!

Camila: Are you having your lunch break?

Lauren: Yes. Is Dinah there?

Camila: Yes, we are making pizza

Lauren: really? (Lauren was surprised as Camila seldom cooked.)

Camila: Yeah... (she chuckled) With Alice's help

Lauren: I see... (Lauren smiled)

Dinah: but Dinah is not bad...

Lauren: I'll teach you.

Camila: Okay... (Camila knew Lauren was way better at cooking than her. It was no doubt. Lauren loved to eat and she loved to learn to make something she loved out of curiosity) Are you staying over tonight?

Lauren: No. You can spend time with Dinah. I don't want to take her time with her best friend away.

Camila: for dinner?

Lauren: Normani and I will go out for dinner.

Camila: You can ask her to come. Hazza and Timo will be here, too.

Lauren: Oh, really? (Lauren's tone slightly change, but Camila noticed)

Camila: Yes.

Lauren: Okay

Camila: so, you will come with Normani?

Lauren: ... no, I mean you can enjoy your evening with your friends and I with mine

Camila: You don't like my friends. (Lauren never joined Camila when she hung out with her friends besides Dinah, which were only Timothée and Harry. Camila never hung out with Lauren's friends as well. It was because Lauren knew Camila did not enjoy socializing so she did not ask Camila to join her when she was out with her friends. Camila could only enjoy the conversation with Emma and Normani. She did join Lauren once at the rallying place. 

Lauren: No, I like Dinah...

Camila: Timo and Hazza?

Lauren: ... they are good

Camila: Lauren...

Lauren: Yeah?

Camila: Is everything okay?

Lauren: ... yeah?

Camila: You don't like them, do you? (Camila had noticed that Lauren was avoiding Timothée and Harry. She was not even interested when Camila talked or mentioned them. Most people would not notice when Lauren disliked someone, but Camila or her close friends such as Normani and Emma would do.)