Chapter 64: Not Telling The Truth

Narrator's POV

Lauren would take two weeks off from the office, but she still did some work from home. It was not full-time, just to follow up on some urgent cases. The doctor released her two days later but instructed her to have a good rest that she could recover immediately. The doctor asked her to minimize mobility and she did follow through although she was bored. The doctor team would visit her to check on her progress once in two days. It was Camila's request as Lauren did not like to stay in the hospital.

Camila asked Alice to prepare meals and snacks for Lauren every day. Lauren just needed to tell her what she wanted to eat and Alice would take care of it. Alice also helped Lauren with her house chores. Lauren was lucky to have such an attentive girlfriend.  Camila went to Lauren's place after she finished work on Thursday. She planned to stay over as she would be off from work tomorrow. She came at seven from her place. Lauren opened the door when Camila arrived with her small bag.

"Hi, Babe!" Lauren smiled when she saw Camila arrived. 

She kissed her and they continued kissing for a while.

"Alice has prepared the dinner," Lauren told Camila.

"Yes... are you hungry?" Camila gently touched Lauren's stomach which was still wrapped in a bandage. 

"Yes, do you want to eat now?"

"Yes." they settled at the dining table and had dinner.

.

After dinner, they were relaxing and enjoying each other presence in the living room.

"Are you feeling better?" Camila asked Lauren.

"Yeah... the doctor said I am doing well."

"Good..." Camila said. "Did he say anything else?"

"No, but I think I can get back to work on Monday," Lauren said. She was looking forward to it.

"Lern... just rest for two weeks as he told you," Camila suggested, "you even still work from home, you know you won't lose your job right?"

"Yeah... but I'm bored, Camz," Lauren said as she was playing with Camila's hand. Camila was caressing Lauren's head as Lauren was lying on the couch with her head on Camila's lap.

"Just have a good rest, and don't go to the rally on Sunday," Camila warned her. Lauren was not allowed to drive for a moment. She would not have much time to prepare for the winter race. Since it was just for fun and a hobby, she was not stressed about it.

"Okay." She kissed Camila's hand. If Camila did not say so, Lauren would go to the rally.

"Lern..."

"Yes, babe?"

"I need you to promise me one thing," Camila said.

"Yes?"

"That you will not hide anything from me and will always tell me the truth."

Lauren stopped her hand which was playing with Camila's. "Camz..."

"Can you?"

"Okay..." Lauren was hesitant. It wasn't that she wanted to lie or hide things from Camila. She just didn't want to make Camila worried, in her opinion, especially something which was unnecessary. However, it seemed that they did not share the same idea of what was necessary what was unnecessary.