Chapter 84: Javier's Exposed

Normani's POV

It was June, and summer was here. It had been more than a year, fourteen months since Lauren went to live in London. We still kept in contact. We had a private communication through email for the first few months. When Lauren was certain that Camila was not looking for her anymore, we started to communicate through phone. We had our weekly called. We usually had it during the weekend either she called me, or I called her.

Me: Good afternoon, Lauser!

Lauren: Good morning, Mani! You are early today.

Me: Yes. (it was seven in the morning. I just woke up, and I could wait to break the news to Lauren) How is London?

Lauren: Quite a pleasant day. How is New York?

Me: New York misses you.

Lauren: (she smiled) Mani, How is it going?

Me: Good. Anything interesting happened?

Lauren: No, nothing special, the job is good, neighbors are good. You?

Me: Neighbors? New dates?

Lauren: (Lauren laughed) not really a date. Just hang out

Me: Oh, no sex?

Lauren: (she laughed again) No, Mani!

Me: Why? Not sexy enough?

Lauren: They are good, just not my cup of tea.

Me: What, more than one?

Lauren: Yeah... (she chuckled)

Me: even for a night?

Lauren: Mani, they are my neighbors. We're friends.

Me: Okay.

Lauren: I better have a cooking lesson with that grandma

Me: (I laughed at her) Do you like the senior ones now?

Lauren: Mani! (she must be rolling her eyes)

We laughed.

Me: Nice, glad you have something to do. (Lauren was good at making friends from the babies to elderlies. Wherever she went, she would make friends.)

Lauren: Yeah, Are you still seeing Dinah?

Me: We meet once in a while but not really seeing each other. Just meet for casual fun (Lauren was afraid that her breakup with Camila would affect my relationship with Dinah. It affected us. Dinah seemed to be distant. We rarely met, but we still kept in touch. We avoided talking about our best friends.)

Lauren: Oh.

Me: Don't you worry about that

Me: Lauser, you haven't moved on from her, have you? (I know her well. It was like when she just broke up with Vero or when she was in love with Delilah. Lauren would not sleep with others if she was still into someone. It meant Camila was still in her mind)