Chapter 35: Acting Strange

Narrator's POV

It was the second week of August, Lauren came earlier to the office and back to her normal routine as she could drive and walk normally now. Her hand was not fully recovered yet, but she was good. Sitting in her office, doing her work, She was surprised when someone came into her room.

"Good morning, Lauren!" He entered Lauren's room and he slowly closed the door.

"Mr. Bardem, Good morning!" Lauren did not expect his visit. She did not know he would come. They did not have any meetings scheduled with him. Hailee or Ally did not say anything as well.

"How may I help you, Mr. Bardem? I did not know that you are coming, today." Lauren smiled, it was her rarest fake smile.

"Yes. I am here to see Camila. I just wanted to stop by. I have something to talk to you."

"Oh, Okay. Have a seat please."

Ally who saw Mr. Bardem in Lauren's office, went to Hailee, "Haiz, Mr. Bardem is here?" Ally asked. She was as confused as Lauren when she saw him.

"He is here?" Hailee had no idea as well.

"You did not know?"

"No, there's no appointment. I'll inform Camila." Hailee rushed into Camila's room

Ally sighed, "yes, please. He is in Lauren's room."

"Okay," Hailee said disappeared to Camila's office.

"Camila, Mr. Bardem is here."

"My uncle is here?" Camila was shocked as well. He seldom showed up, but he did love to show up without telling them in advance, unlike Mrs. Chalamet who always made an appointment in advance.

"Yes, he is in Lauren's office," Hailee said.

"Oh..." Camila stood up and she went to Lauren's office to welcome her uncle. Ally and Hailee would not dare to disturb them, but not Camila. She just knocked and opened the door, did not wait for Lauren to open the door. "Good morning, uncle Javi! I did not know you are coming?" Camila said.

"Good morning, my dear." Mr. Bardem stood up and they hugged each other.

"What brought you here? Do you have a meeting with Lauren?" Camila asked looking at Mr. Bardem and then Lauren.

"No, not really. I wanted to see you, but I stopped by to say hi to Lauren. Long time no see her." Mr. Bardem said giving Lauren a strange look. 

"Oh, okay?" Camila looked at Lauren who was standing there without her usual smile.

"Can we talk in your office, Camila?" Mr. Bardem asked.

"We can talk here. I have the workers in my office, Hailee is watching them." Camila said.

Mr. Bardem wanted to talk in private with Camila without Lauren.

"I can leave you both." Lauren was walking out of her office.

"Lauren, you can stay. Uncle Javi, you don't mind, do you? Unless we want to talk about her." Camila said it in her casual way. 

"No, it's not about her, but her friend, Ms. Stone."

"Oh, we can talk here. Lauren you can stay." Camila said with her authoritative tone.