chapter 19 : dumbstruck

If you love someone pray for them ,pray for their peace ,pray for their desires to be fullfilled because there is no better gift than day for the people you love.

*****

"Anat calm down first of all " I said as I sat beside Anat. I took her hand in mine and tugged the loose strand of her hair behind her ears as I spoke again.

"Now tell me what is it that is troubling you so much ?" I clearly knew that my wife was not so week that she would get stressed to this extent for any silly reason . Something really big has happened and that is why she is so stressed .

"A.....A......Ayadh " she was about to speak when there was a knock on the door . I opened the door to find Yasmeen with a tray of food in her hand .

"Bhai Maasi said that you have to make bhabhi eat everything and she can come anytime to check if your feeding her and if she is eating " Yasmeen said handing over to me the tray of food and when she was about to leave I called her .

"Yasmeen , I am sorry princess mom is making you do all this work on your engagement day . I am really feeling bad for it now " .

"Bhaiya, what work? Maasi dint give me any work and taking care of my bhabhi can never be a work for me and even she worked so hard for my engagement preparations. So does it mean even I have to thank her ?" Yasmeen asked .

"No not at all cause for her your like her sis and she would never want you to thank her " I said .

"Exactly, so for me also she is my sister . You don't have to feel sorry for anything " she said with a smile and I smiled back. I went back to Anat and she said.

"Ayadh I can't wait please listen to me " .

"I will listen to you wifey but first you need to have dinner or else mom won't spare me and I hope you don't want your mom in law to kill your husband . Right?" I said trying to make her smile but instead she got frstrated. She took a plate and food and ate eat it hurrily making her self choke.

"Anat , what was the hurry . I am right by your side and I 'll not go anywhere until you tell me what happened . So stop being so impatient " I said in a serious tone and tears till down her eyes.

......

From past half an hour I was trying to tell Ayadh what had happened today but something or someone was stopping it. So I ate food in a hurry so that I can tell it to him soon but instead I choked my self and even got serious toned dialogue from Ayadh .

But what could even I do ? I was helpless.

Flashback.

No it can't be him . How is it possible. Is it an illusion. I was trying my best to stop my self from thinking and all tears were ready to flow . When I heard one of the Maid speak " ma'am , Ayesha ma'am is asking for engagement ring which she had given you to keep safely " .

"Yes it's with me tell her that I'll get it in five minutes " I said and went up holding back all my tears in my eyes . I have to concentrate on engagement ceremony that is more important now .

I took out the engagement ring from my wardrobe still lost in my thoughts and the face I saw today haunting me . I closed the wardrobe and was about to step out of our room when some one grabbed my wrist and pushed me towards the cold wall .

"I....... I........Imran? " I asked with my eyes bloodshot red,my body shivering . He smirked evilishly as I tried to get out of his hold.