chapter 17 : fear

Nothing is more attractive than a man who respects you.

........

"Khala(Aunt) I hope you have prepared the menu as per my instructions , I don't need any thing left pending for last minute " I told to Maid ,whom we call khala with respect and she nodded as yes.

From a weak me and Ayadh are busy with engagement preparations of Yasmeen . Her engagement will be held at our home since its quiet huge and can accomadate large number of guests . But before engagement , Yasmeen's in laws are gonna come home today so that they can take ring size and dress size of Yasmeen. As they require it ,to gift Yasmeen dress and ring of her size .

I am busy in kitchen as I m supposed to prepare snacks for Yasmeen's in laws and they 'll be here any time soon.

"Bro , finally I met you after 2 months " I heard Ayadh's voice from window and the happiness in his voice was clearly heard . May be his cousin is here . What was his name Yasir? Yes his name was Yasir .

"Ayadh it's you who is busy with your wife and your telling me that I am busy " I heard another voice again but this voice why does it always make me shiver . It horrifies me .

I went towards the window from where I was able to see Ayadh talking to his cousin but his cousin was facing his back towards me and I was trying hard to see him and then I realised , what I was trying to do.
He is a non-mahram to me . Why the hell was I trying to see him ? Hufff.... I thought and was about to turn when I saw him ,as he turned towards the door to walk in side the house .

.........

Ayadh's pov.

Since the day Anat told me about Imran and Haya . The respect I had for her have increased even more. She is such a strong girl . She had so many pains troubling her but she kept all those pains to herself . So that her family lives in peace . I can imagine what Arsalaan Bhai could have done to Imran if he would ever get to know about him . But the fire burning inside me is more then Arsalaan Bhai could ever have cause Anat is his sis but she is my wife and how can a husband bare the pain of her wife being harassed by a b******. When Anat was telling me about him that scene seemed like it was happening right in front of me and I can't explain how helpless I felt at that moment .

Whatever happened was Allah's will but now I'll never let Anat face such a thing again in her life I'll make sure that I always protect her and take care of her .

I entered home with this thought and dint find my wife anywhere. I tip toed into the kitchen and found her doing something there , she was so lost in her work or in her thoughts I couldn't make out but she looked extremely beautiful in a simple designer anarkali . A complete princess . My princess .

My? Is It? .

I smiled at my thought and tip toed close to her . I couldn't resist my urge to wrap her in my arms . She turned back with nervousness which made her soft body dash my hard chest.

She told me, she was making flour dough so she wanted me to leave her but my inner self dint let me part from her . I told her to continue her work and I wouldn't disturb her and she started to continue her work. I placed my chin on her shoulder inhaling the fragrance of her hair. When suddenly mom called and unwillingly I had part from her .

Mom told me about Yasmeen's engagement . She also told me that me and Anat are supposed to take care of all arrangements . When I informed Anat about it she was more then excited . She behaved like engagement was held tomorrow. She hardly knew Yasmeen but she got along with her so nicely that nobody could tell that she just knew her from 2 months .

I have never seen any girl getting this excited for her sister in laws engagement. Though Sehrish bhabhi is an exception cause I heard from mom that when me and Anat got engaged she was more excited and nervous than Anat.

Mom was getting emotional as she saw Anat and me so happy together. She exaggerated things with her emotional talks but her words were true . I was never so happy before Anat came into my life . But troubling Anat with all this doesn't seem right to me . She just recovered from delimma of Imran . I don't want her to think about any other thing and trouble herself .

"Anat you don't have to think about what mom said. You know how mom's get emotional for little things " I said and she nodded in understanding and that's what I love about her . She understands everything I say immediately or I should say she is the only person who understands me at once. I kissed her forehead and her eyes closed automatically.

How much I loved to kiss her forehead. If she knew that , I dont know how would she feel . When I kiss her I feel like she is safe with me. I love the way she gets comfortable with me or I should say I love the way I get comfortable with her.

Allah knows what binds us but this bond between us is more then special.

.........

Its a weak since me and Anat are damn busy with arrangements of Yasmeen's engagement. It's a really a hectic thing to handle both office and arrangements together . But I must say my wife is really talented . She is taking care of everything as If she had many years of experience in making all this arrangements. I was busy with a client on call . When I saw Yasir coming towards me . Finally my idiot bro was back . Allah knows what work he had out of Bangalore that he dint return from almost 2 months .

"Bro, finally I met you after 2 months " I said as we shared a mannish hug .

"Ayadh, it's you who is busy with your wife and your telling me that I am busy? " Yasir replied dramatically and I chuckled.

"What can I do If Allah is made her so beautiful? " I told Yasir winking at him .

We were still indulged in conversation. When I saw Anat standing near the window and looking at us . Fear was clearly visible on her face . Allah knows what has happened now . I gestured Yasir to come with me inside the house so that I can leave him in guest room and talk to Anat for a while and we walked in.

As we walked in , I went into kitchen in search of Anat but she was missing. I am sure she is in our room and I was about to go there ,when Maasi told me to get some sweets for Yasmeen's in laws . Who will be here in no time and I couldn't deny her .

I hurriedly bought sweets but by the time I came back . Yasmeen's in laws had already arrived that means I have to wait till night to meet Anat now because all guests are women . I was standing in lawns from where a window displays the hall. I tried to take a look of her . She was addressing the guests with beautiful smile but for sure a fake one. She seems afraid, her eyes are ready to shed tears any time now. What could be the reason . Ya Allah just keep her safe . I can't see her in pain .

Almost around 8 at night mom called me . May be she called me to inform that guests have left and I can come back home now but mom's one sentence felt like my soul was being removed out of me .

"Ayadh ,Anat she .........she......... come back home immediately Ayadh " mom said leaving me in state of shock.

******

So my lovely readers hope you like the update .

Who do you think Anat saw ?

What will Ayadh do now ?

What has happened to Anat?

Did she take any wrong step in fear ?

Stay excited and connected for further updates .

Plz do vote and comment.