45: Bloodpie

Curse the things that made me sad for so long
It hurts to think that they could still go on
I'm happy now
Are you happy now?

Simone's POV

"Shit" I mumble, out of breath for the time we've spent running. My lungs are burning and my legs hurt, but for some reason I feel the need to keep running even though we're already far away.

A guy just died. I don't have time to catch my breath.

"Can we... Can we stop?" Frank says, his voice cracking. The three of us slow down to a jogging pace before we can come to a full halt.

"Are you okay?" Gerard asks him, eyes wild and messed up hair sticking to his forehead. Frank looks at him for a second and then runs to hug him, burying his face into his chest. Gee puts an arm around him.

"It happened again" Frank whispers, in a voice so low I'm barely able to hear him.

"What?" Gerard asks, pulling away a bit to hear him better.

"It happened again, Gee." Frank sobs. "Another person died because of me".

By now I'm feeling a huge urge to go and hug the guy, wrap him in a blanket and protect him at all costs, but right now Gerard is the only person who can really comfort him, and I know it, so I stay back.

Gee hugs him even tighter, pressing him against his own body. "Oh, Frankie, I'm so sorry" he tells him, covering the top of his head in comforting kisses. "It wasn't your fault, Frank. It wasn't you who killed him" he says, looking quite terrified himself.

Frank makes an effort to look up at him. "But... But everyone around me dies" he whispers.

Not knowing how to answer, he stays quiet for a few moments, thinking. "Well we're here, aren't we?" He says. "Simone and I. We're alive. And so is Mikey. And Lee. And Oli, and Brendon and Ryan. We're here. Well... They're not here, but you get the point"

Frank laughs between sobs and punches him jokingly. "You're so stupid, did you know that?"

Gee smiles back. "I do. But you're still dating me, which I believe makes you stupider" he says, followed by the most smug grin I've ever seen in my life.

"Shut up"

I look around nervously. "Ugh guys, you look all cute and everything but shouldn't we go somewhere safe and clean the blood and pie off your hands, Gerard?" I ask.

Frank's eyes widen, lost remembering what just happened. Gerard nods.

"By the way why the fuck did you bring a pie with you?" He asks me, with a light chuckle, trying to lighten the mood so Frank can calm down easier.

I laugh nervously. "I... Uh... I don't have a good answer" I confess. "I just really like pie".

Frank smiles a little and Gerard laughs out loud, rolling his eyes once he's done. "Should've figured..." He says.

"Besides, what day is it?" I squint my eyes, trying to remember.

"Uh... January 16... Or 17, I don't really know" Gee says. "Why?"