16: This Means War

Sometimes I cry
so hard from pleading,
So sick and tired
of all the needless beating

Frank's POV
"Mrs. Iero?" Jaime says, putting the phone to his ear, although the call is on speaker.

Should I tell him?

Nah... let him go deaf.

No Stockholm syndrome for you, bitch!

"Who *hic* is this?" She answers, yelling. I happily watch Jaime jump back, scared with the sudden sound as he realizes his mistake and puts the phone down, rubbing his ear with his free hand.

I mentally raise my finger and draw an imaginary line on the air. Frank: 1, Bad Guys: 0.

Or maybe 1. They did kidnap me, I'll give them that.

"We're the same people who called yesterday. We still got your son" he says, threateningly. I just kinda laugh.

He expects her to remember yesterday's call? Yeah, sure... Good luck with that.

To be honest, I don't even know if she remembers me, her son, right now. Let alone a call she got while drunk.

"NO I DON'T WANT PIZZA!" She replies. I laugh louder. Jaime just rolls his eyes in desperation, and holds his hand up. He bends his fingers so that his hand resembles a gun and points the weapon at the phone, shooting it metaphorically.

Now, imagine if it were a real gun. I don't even know if he has one, given who his leader is, I think he probably wouldn't trust any important actions to any of his sidekicks.

I don't know if it would be cool to have guns for hands... I mean, you would have self-defence at hand (pun intended) at all time, but we'd all have guns for hands, so it wouldn't be that much of an advantage, would it?

Besides, imagine sleeping... How many people do you think would accidentally kill themselves during sleep?

I shake my head.

Lately, nothing I think makes sense, and I'm starting to question my own sanity. Maybe I breathed in too much dust from the floor? Can you get high on dust?

Or maybe it's just a side effect of being kidnapped? Wait, what? Stupid brain.

I decide it must be a little of both and I turn back to the guys, eavesdropping casually.

I notice the phone has fallen into Mike's hands during my insane mental monologue.

He already looks exasperated. Great.

Turtle looks at Vic, hoping for some kind of support but Vic is too busy appreciating Jaime from a distance.

Like, appreciating Jaime. Dreamy eyes and all...

Are they...? Is he...? I think and trail off.
I look at Jaime and then back at Vic.

No. It can't be. Please let it not. I mean, eew!

Don't get me wrong, I just don't approve of his man-crush because it's fucking Jaime! If it were with Turtle, he'll I'd even ship them! but Jaime? Seriously, Vic?

I thought better of him...

"You know what, ma'am? We're calling back tomorrow". Mike says, and he ends the call. He puts his hands on his hips and looks down, taking a moment to calm down his angry breaths.

"Come on, dude let's go outside" Jaime suggests, moving closer to Mike.

Mike turns to look at him and his face is red, and I can imagine just how angry he is right now.