1996 [harry au]

By zeffervescent

Alexis chose the summer of 1996 to visit her Nonna in small, poorly known Clarkesville, Georgia. This year ha... More

I. Cherry
II. Fair
III. Blush
IV. Boxes
V. Cheers
VI. Midnight
VII. Cinema
VIII. Caught
IX. Baby
XI. Grounded
XII. Radio
XIII. Hers
XIV. 0.6 Seconds
XV. Tent
XVI. A Water Bottle Cap, Buttocks, and Precautions
XVII. Tropic Feeling
XVIII. Shouted
XIX. Heat
XX. Love Bug
XXI. Furious
xxii. Blame
XXIII. All I Have
XXIV. Bubbler
XXV. Summer's End Fair
XXVI. Nonna
XXVII. 2006

X. Ben

275K 7.8K 13.5K
By zeffervescent

alexis;

I straightened my white shirt and my shorts and tied my sneakers just before Harry came by to get me. Painting and doing work for a positive cause shouldn't be so bad, considering the boys will be there and so was Myra. It's community service, that should be enough.

The church was a short walk away, and since Harry's dad once again had the truck, we were forced to go on feet. Hand in hand, we arrived at the scene where Louis had mistakenly stepped into a can of white paint, and could not for the love of God take his foot out.

"My leg's cramping up," Louis whined, "Fuck, it hurts."

"Stop being a baby," Niall groaned, trying to pull the can off his foot. "This is what you get for being an idiot."

Zayn, Liam, and Myra watched the scene before them as they continued to paint one side of the church. There seemed to be older adults and younger kids helping as well. The adults were put on more dangerous maintenance activities than us, of course. Imagine having Louis repair windows or ceiling height objects.

Reasonable indeed. And the air was sickeningly hot, but I'm glad I wore my hair up into a bun. One that is big enough already, considering the frizz my curls decided to acquire this very day. Some curly baby hairs stuck out in the back and one on the side of my face. One or two always manages to leave the up do, so I hardly bother.

Louis spotted Harry and I, smiling and nonchalantly greeting us as if there wasn't a can imprisoning his foot.

"Oh, hey guys," he breathed, struggling.

Harry, clearly used to this, shook his head and pulled me away as I laughed and waved to Louis. At a table was a woman who was checking off names. She saw us and recognized Harry, eyes glancing at our entwined fingers.

"Hey, Harry. Here to volunteer I suppose?" She smiled politely, blue eyes eager and blonde hair tied up.

"Of course, Mrs. Horan. And this is my girlfriend, Alexis," he introduced me. He addressed me as his girlfriend, and I couldn't have been happier. This was absolutely perfect.

The woman, who I assumed was Niall's mother, smiled at me with excitement. "Aw, it's so nice to meet you. I'm Niall's mommy," she gushed, and she peered around me to see what Niall was up to.

Of course, he was pulling off a can of paint from Louis's foot, still. But as the three of us looked, he had pulled it so hard he hit himself in the face when it finally slipped off. He shouted in pain and held his now bruising nose. Bent over, and cursing at Louis. 

Mrs. Horan sighed. "Yeah, that's my kid over there," she joked, shaking her head. "Niall, sweetie, are you alright!?" She called. Next to me, Harry laughed to himself.

Niall looked up and waved to her, thumbs up even though his face was red with embarrassment and anger. I softly giggled and said, "It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Horan."

"The pleasure is all mine. Now I just need you guys to sign your names on this paper and grab a brush, some paint, and avoiding doing what my son just did, please."

Harry chuckled. "Sure thing."

Soon after, all of us were peacefully painting as Niall had a bandage placed across his nose from the injury. Louis apologized, but was unable to stop laughing, which made Niall peeved off further. Eventually it wasn't funny anymore, and Louis truly felt guilty.

I dipped my brush in the white paint, removing the excess amounts. Then I started painting the wall as Harry did it beside me, talking to Zayn about the next race on Saturday. I stroked the brush against the exterior walls of the church until they redirected their conversation towards me.

"Alexis, are you going to watch me beat your boyfriend next Saturday?" Zayn teased, then he looked at Harry and said, "Maybe she'll fall for me, mate."

"Maybe your face will fall into my fist," Harry remarked.

At this I laughed to myself with a shaking head, watching as Zayn pretended to be terrified. "Oh no, not the face, please."

Later on, everyone was going to snack on a bunch of fresh watermelons brought in courtesy of the church members. "Are you hungry?" Harry asked me.

I shook my head, scrunching up my nose. "Not really. You?"

He shook his head. We resumed to paint, and in my concentration, I bit my bottom lip and furrowed my eyebrows. This caught Harry's attention, and he suddenly grips my chin and turns me to him, pulling my face to meet his half way in a sweet kiss.

"You biting your lip does things to me, Alexis," he murmured against my lips. I closed my eyes and leaned into his mouth again, capturing his bottom lip between mine and softly biting into it. He sighed deeply, just as I felt a wetness across my cheek. Immediately, I knew Harry had brushed paint against my cheek.

I pulled away, painting a smudge of white paint on his cheek with my brush. Giggling at his playful, angry reaction, I was attacked with his coated white fingers as I tried to keep up with brushing mine onto him, too.

His hands eventually gripped my waist and pulled me into him while mine at the back of his neck, this public display of affection going unnoticed since everyone else was on the other side of the church eating watermelons.

On going pecks and lingering kisses resulted in one deepened, heavenly kiss that the dropped brushes went unnoticed as they hit the ground. I parted my lips, feeling his tongue slide across my bottom lip quite teasingly. I accidentally moaned, unable to stop myself, and all to his pleasure as he smirked into the kiss. He pressed his lips harder against mine, our kiss in sync.

He pecked my lips once more before breathlessly pulling away. His gaze made me blush as he ran a thumb underneath my reddened lips that matched his own.

When his cold fingers slid against the skin between my shorts and shirt, I squealed and attempted to move away, but he only pulled me further into him. I shoved at his chest playfully while he laughed.

"Oh, how cute," an unfamiliar voice said. It was bitter. I turned my head to find a guy with dirty blonde hair slicked back and grey eyes. His eyebrows were raised as he dug his hands into the pockets of his baggy jeans. A smirk was plastered on his face.

I pulled back from Harry, gazing up at him to find him now surprisingly angry. Harry's hand remained on my waist as he turned to the guy.

"What do you want, McConag?" He spat, clenched jaw. I've never witnessed him so angry in the couple of weeks we've spent together. "Didn't you break an arm or something?"

He held up his hand, which had a black wrist brace. "Correction, I sprained my wrist."

Harry snickered. "So that's why you chickened out of racing me? Wow."

"Look, Styles," he started out with a bitter smirk, "I didn't come here to argue."

"You came to provoke me," Harry corrected him, narrowed eyes.

The guy laughed. "Bro, I am just volunteering like a good citizen. Relax. Not everything is about you, you know." He peeled his eyes off of Harry and gazed up at me, smiling. "Oh, who's this pretty munchkin? Are you one of Harry's sex toys?"

I gasped and furrowed my eyebrows at his audacity and rudeness. My lips pursed and I glared as he began to laugh. Harry was obviously pissed off. His clenched hands were trembling now, jaw tight and eyes furious.

"I swear, I'll kill you right here," Harry gnarled. He must really have held a strong hatred for him, and vice versa. I'm almost shocked at how Harry's entire mood changed within seconds of seeing a person. There is clearly rivalry between these two.

He rolled his eyes. "In front of a church? Isn't that a bit awful?" His words were getting more agitating. I began to worry for Harry, and I grabbed his hand with both of mine, rubbing my thumbs over his knuckles to try and sooth him. He inhaled deeply, trying to control himself.

"If it's you I'm killing, then awful isn't the word," Harry snapped, and the guy only took it as a joke and laughed. "Get the fuck out of here."

Of course, the imbecile didn't listen and stood stationary. His attention was focused more on me. "Does the toy speak?" He asked.

Harry's nostrils flared and he shouted, "Fuck, I'll take your motherfu-- !"

Louis and Liam each grabbed an arm and pulled him back before he could lunge forward and nearly rip the guy into shreds. I was definitely shocked, but more angered and repulsed by this McConag guy. Shaking my head, I watched as Louis angrily remarked, "Take you and your greasy hair somewhere people would actually want to listen to you, bitch."

Liam was frowning, furiously glowering at the agitating man. It seems that he was disliked by more than just one person, and I'm thinking it has to do a lot because of Harry and how close the boys are to him.

He laughed again, hands in the air. "Alright, alright. It's clear that I'm not wanted."

"You bet your irrelevant ass you aren't. Get out before we fuck up your other wrist and a couple of other bones. Maybe you'll have an actual reason to chicken out," Louis spat.

The guy clenched his jaw and began to walk away. As he did so, the boys hadn't stopped watching his every move until he had disappeared around the street. There was a tense silence as I exhaled in relief, rubbing my arm with my opposite hand.

Harry inhaled. "I swear I might commit murder one day."

"Mate, he's only looking to make you mad, you know that. But you're easily angered by him. You make it too easy," Liam told him, shaking his head. Both Louis and Liam decided it was alright to let go of Harry.

Niall appeared suddenly, a watermelon held up to his face as he bit into eat. Mouthful of the watery fruit, he muffled out, "What happened?" His finger pointed to Harry, who folded his arms over his chest, facial expression still furious.

"Ben," Louis answered with disgust.

With a nod, Niall scrunched up his nose and breathed. "Man, why can't that shithead get the idea that no one likes him?"

"He just wants attention," Liam added.

I sighed softly. "Well, I surely don't like him already," I admitted.

Harry gazed at me, furrowed eyebrows with now a bit of concern. "I'm sorry about that, baby, he's --"

"Whoa, baby?" Louis grinned cheekily, gazing at us with squinted eyes.

"Baby." Niall answered for him, laughing. "You guys sicken me."

Liam chuckled softly. "Yeah, question...why is there white paint on your faces?"

I blushed. "We sort of had a little paint fight."

"Oh, that's why there's obvious white paint on his crotch," Niall nodded nonchalantly.

My eyes widened, cheeks bright pink as the three boys chuckled. Harry shook his head while I tried to protest. "N-no...that wasn't from me."

"Sure it wasn't," Liam smiled, shaking his head.

note: thanks for reading! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 94.2K 82
[COMPLETED] Bentley Hale is the best street racer in the Bay Area, but everything changes when she becomes wrapped up with Harry Styles, the new offi...
764K 20.8K 62
➶。˚ part one of the RACING HEARTS series Adeline Edwards is an ambitious law student. She is a practical woman prioritizing logic over fee...
188K 6.4K 21
Melanie (aka Mel) has just moved to Indiana. She, is eighteen and is in her last year of high school. Her mom is a nurse and works a lot of late shi...
138K 1.7K 46
dig in & enjoy 🍽️ don't forget to comment/vote! you are reading free material. it's the least you can do :)