XV. Tent

note; warning...semi-sexual content. not very. depends on you.

Alexis;

I grabbed my bag as we got out of the truck. The camping site was enormous with vast lands of grass and towering trees. I nearly bounced on my heels with excitement, and Harry couldn't be happier to show me around. Every detail he spoke about held a little story.

Now, they're little silly things. We went from getting our things to ringing up at the main log. Harry knew the man at the back. His white hair was buzzed and he wore a green jacket with the national park logo on it. I smiled as he went to the back to get us the rented camping materials.

As we waited, I held my bag with loose hands, letting it hover over my feet. I absentmindedly gazed around, admiring the wooden log and its pretty decor.

It looked like those in the movies. Polished, yet vintage. It smelled of tree bark and grass. Nature's purest form of fresh air.

Harry leans his head into my shoulder, resting his chin there as he kissed my neck. I feel his lips move against my skin when he speaks in a soft murmur. "What do you wanna do first, baby?"

I shrug, scrunching up my nose in thought. "Ehh...I'm not sure. You know this place the best. Let's do what you want," I suggest, not minding whether we went hiking or swimming first or whichever. I rest my head over his, giggling when nudges his nose against my skin.

"Okay, love birds. You're in public," the old man rasps. "I'm guessing this is your girlfriend, Harry?" He breathes while he lifts a heavy bag onto the wooden surface separating us from him.

"Yes, she is," Harry grins while I move my head away and encourage him to do the same. He's not satisfied as he wraps an arm around my waist. I stand there with pink cheeks when the man looks to me.

I'm first to speak. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Alexis."

"Nice to meet ya, young lady. I'm Francis. I hope you enjoy this place. I know Harry comes here every year since he was like ten," he smiles politely. He looks to Harry. "Now, here's the tent you always rent. Saved it just for you 'cause I know you'd come and cause havoc with the boys."

His words make Harry laugh, proving further that Harry and the boys really were quite the trouble. Still are, most likely.

"Thanks, Francis. You're the best, old man." Harry grabs the bag with less trouble than Francis. I grow fond of Francis and his playfulness. He reminds me a tiny bit like my grandmother. He's just got that tone and that playful grin.

Francis rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Anyways, your father called me a few days ago. Said he'll be calling from time to time to make sure you're both doing fine."

We wave goodbye to him. It doesn't take long before Harry and I are picking a spot surrounded by a few trees. There's miles of open space, but we walked for nearly ten minutes until we found a place that seemed somewhat perfect. By the cars parked near the main log, I know there are plenty of people here already.

Soon enough, I'm dropping my bag to the floor and helping unzip the one with the tent materials in it. I sit on the ground and unpack them as Harry quickly joins me. "Do you want to try and do it on your own?" He asks, glancing up at me as I take out things that I'm completely puzzled by.

I sigh. "You're going to be watching a former city child with no camping experience build a tent for three hours," I warn him, frowning.

"That...or I could teach you," he offers with a grin. "Not too hard. Well, that's easy for me to say. The first time, I had no idea what I was doing."