Ghost Bird The Academy: James...

By lexiloo7

What if a second bird was joining Sang and the Academy boys. Sang and James are like night and day. Winter an... More

Birds and Dogs.
+ More cast.
Making Friends? The Mall: Revised.
Greg Strikes again.
Cuddles, Emotions and Trust.
You get a Phone! You get a Phone! And you get a Phone!
Phone calls and Texts.
Victor
Meeting the Good Doctor
Good Eats.
Sir Luke Enters.
Not an update: Authors Note!
Error: About Veronica
Solitude, Was The Only Ending To Her Story.
Sean
Authors Note.
Kota
Luke
A Crack In The Glass Was Fixed
Human Again.
Sang
My Destiny As An Awful Cook.
Guide.
Things Go Wonderfully Right; Or Horribly Wrong.
North
Welcome To Hell.
Bang Bang He Dead
Tuning In On: Chaotic Stupidity.
Housebound.
Friday's Are For Falling.
Falling Off The Edge
Unknown Territory
Raindrops Lashed Down
Talking Is A Crime.
Friend Zone? Maybe?
Guide+Nicknames+Birthdays.
Birthday Party Bitches
Shopping And Jealousy.
Circle Of Idiots.
Gabe
Helping A Broken Bird.
Emotions can be difficult.
And I'd Do It Again.
Not An Update: Authors Note
To The Office We Go
Interlude
James Can Breakdance. Period.
Is This A Date?
Chicken Nuggets For The Win.
Intense Is Putting It Lightly.
Nathan
Silas
Kota
Owen
Bad Moods, and Sweet Truths.
Self Defense
Homeward Bound
Welcome To Bob's Diner

We're Walking Into The Woods...

1.6K 81 134
By lexiloo7

           Thursday.

"A sunflower soul with rock and roll eyes curious thoughts and a heart of surprise."

School had been pretty quiet James was used to some type of drama or rumors aimed towards her so she wasn't sure if she should be relieved or fearful.

She was sure someone had something stirring up but for now she would just enjoy time with the boys and Sang.

It was easy to get lost in there touches and kind words.

She had spent some time at work too but one of the boy's had stayed with her, she thought it would have bothered her more but she didn't mind. It was kinda nice having someone care about you that much.

Still school and home life had been overall mellow.

Notes were always passed but the girls fell into the system of giving them to boys. James didn't even bother reading them any more although she still flipped a person or two off when she saw where they came from.

Today was Silas and Norths first practice with the football team. James would have stayed to cheer them on or something but the cheerleading squad normally practiced at the same time and she'd rather go to hell then willingly see Jade.

Kota and Victor had things to do with the academy, Sean and Owen were working on school plans.

So Luke, Gabe and James piled into the car as Sang and Nathan rode the bus home.

They were planning on spending the evening at Nathan's. It was the first in a couple nights that James's didn't have to work and she was planning on taking advantage of it.

She had made a stop at the mansion Luke, North and Victor had come with her. They hated it but they all agreed she couldn't go completely awol. She had run into Veronica, Lorenzos daughter and her foster sister. She learned that Beatrice was out of town for a bit leaving James feeling a lot more comfortable in spending the night at the other houses.

They still needed to come up with a game plan because she couldn't just stay at the boy's houses forever. For now though she was taking it one day at a time.

The only house she really  refrained from staying was Kota's. Espically since the women thought they were dating.

Kota had let James know that apparently Erica talked to him about her sleeping in the bedroom.

What an awkward conversation. The women wasnt mad but she said if James were to stay the night it'd have to be with her sleeping down stairs...

James decided to avoid the situation completely. Meaning she drifted from Kota just slightly. The other boy still wanted to talk to her and Sang about everything and James...wasn't sure she was ready for that.

Sang would shoot her knowing looks but so far the blonde was letting her get away with it.

She wasn't sure how long that would last.

"What are we getting ready for?" James questioned, "I thought we were going to chill at your house."

"Hush and just enjoy the unknown." Nathan told her grinning widely. He was wearing running pants paired with Nike sneakers and a tight athletic shirt.

Damn he looked good.

His arms bugged slightly as he moved crossing his arms. Her eyes followed were his shirt rode slightly giving her a view of his tight stomach and firm abs. Holy hell was it hard hanging out with so many attractive people.

James gave him a deadpan look. "The unknown gives me anxiety."

Gabe laughed shooting her a smirk. He was wearing a bright green shirt and a pair of jeans looking stunning as ever. "Relax we would never hurt you."

"Says everyone who's ever hurt me," James said dryly doing a flip off the couch. She was going to complain more when there was a knock at the door.

She shot up throwing it open and pulling Sang and Luke in.

"Miss us?" Luke asked a bright smile on his face.

"Always," James winked blowing him a kiss.

Gabe popped up besides her pulling Sang's hair down, "Oy! No hair clip trouble! It's a toll give me the clip and will let you in on the adventure."

James snatched them clip from Gabes hand tossing it across Nathan's house making the Blonde squawk.

"James!" Both Nathan and Sang shouted.

James shrugged, "I wanna know the adventure!" She admitted. "Tell me tell me tell me-!"

"Can I please get out of this damn uniform first?" Luke questioned tugging off his blazer.

"I can help you take off your clothes," James grinned winking at the blonde. "Give us five minutes, some lotion and a-"

"What do you need lotion for?" Sang tilted her head cutting James off.

"The art of hand jobs-"

"James!" Nathan shouted grabbing her arms to pull her into him as he covered her mouth.

James cackled as the boys all groaned Sang shot her a confused look an adorable blush crossing her face. It was not even five minutes later when Luke came back ready to go.

They moved as a unit into Kota's yard, James tilted her head confused as they went around the boys house cutting into the backyard and going into the woods.

"Why are we going in the woods?" Gabe questioned looked as confused as James.

"There gonna murder us," James admitted, "there academy too there smart that means they can hide our bodies well."

"We're smart too we could take them." Sang said sharing a conspiring smirk with James. She couldn't help the flutter in her chest she loved when Sang joined in on her antics.

"Oh those murder mystery novels you reading coming to light," James grinned wildly. "Alright let's hear it."

"Let's not." Luke shot down giving the girls a sharp look. "Why-how did we get into this conversation?"

"How do we get into any weird conversation?" Nathan laughed, "James."

"If we were to murder them here then kill them here we would keep it all in once place, which would be better because they weigh more then us." Sang said, "not as much to move more clean up."

"If we place dead animals over there body the search dogs would find them first and not search for there bodies." James said shooting a grin at the boys.

"See that's creepy." Gabe said his blue eyes startled as he moved to hide behind Nathan. "Why?"

"Why are we creepy?" Sang questioned, "probably not a good thing to say too girls who just planned your murder."

James nodded in agreement, "yeah I think I'm a little offended what about you Sunshine?"

Sang hummed as the two girls shared a look.

"See this is why the two of you are kept apart." Nathan said seriously. "Remind me to never get them mad."

"You?" Gabe scoffed, "I just stole her hair clip. Alls I wanted was one day off it not being down! Don't kill me!"

"Relax, we won't hurt ya." James smirked. "Yet."

"Theres a sweet innocent card you both play," Luke said. "I'll never believe it. You both know to much, too smart for your own good."

James laughed running a hand over her forehead. She was hot it was a beautiful day out in Charleston. There still hadn't been time to go shopping so she continued wearing the boys clothes.

Although she was starting to get more comfortable in leggings. They were more comfortable and with the guys shirts they didn't show off her butt.

She was currently in Silas's dark blue button shirt that she swimmed in it. The shirt going past her knees Gabe complained but she shrugged him off.

It was comfy and she liked the way her red hair mixed with the blue. She was also wearing her pair of ripped skinny jeans. The holes were way to big but on the hot day she didn't mind.

Sang was wearing a pair of shorts and the t-shirt Nathan had given her. Marie had exchanged the majority of her clothes leaving Sang with little to wear.

The blonde happened to hide some of the newer clothes Gabe and Victor picked up for her. Along with the shirts from Nathan and Luke.

James wanted to give Marie a piece of her mind but Sang wouldn't allow her. She also didn't want to tell the boys yet. Not until she talked to Marie.

It was something neither Sang nor James could figure out. Marie said she had taken Sang's clothes but they weren't in the other girls closet.

Sang said her clothes wouldn't fit her sister anyways. So James agreed that until they found out just wear Sang's clothes ended up she would keep it under wraps.

It was the least she could do after lying to the girl about so much.

Guilt was a powerful emotion.

"So why are we going into the woods?" Luke asked again, his voice curious. "Not that I mind but-"

"I promised to take Sang," Nathan responded easily cutting his brother off. James couldn't hear what he said as he whispered to the blonde girl.

She shrugged glancing around the forest. As Gabe joined there conversation.

She hadn't explored the woods much, they were walking down a brown dirt path that had two palm tree on either side.

The grass was overgrown tickling her legs as they moved. Nathan lead the way clearing the area for them as they went.

Luke was behind her his hand catching her waist as they walked.

"Wait up!"

James turned just in time to catch site off Jessica running up behind them.

"Is that Jessica ?" Nathan sounded confused.

"Maybe she wants to join," Sang said softly waving slightly at the girl.

"Jess isn't much into outdoors stuff," Gabe responded.

"She can come? Why not let her." Sang said seriously glancing between the two boys.

James nodded, "yeah have you guys ever asked her to join? You know she misses you. Your pretty busy with the academy and well...we've taken up a lot of your time."

The boys paused at that sharing a look. James's didn't bother to decipher it as she grinned at the younger lee.

"Why hello there jelly bean!" She exclaimed as the girl pulled her into a tight hug. Jessica looked adorably in Khaki pants a rose colored blouse that made her eyes pop.

She beamed at James before turning to Sang and smiling at the girl. James shot Sang an encouraging smile as the blonde held out a hand to the younger lee pulling her up next to Nathan and her.

Then they took off marching through the weaves of high grass. Most of it came up to the others thighs but with James's height it reached her hips making her struggle slightly to keep up.

She was never one to deter though.

Luke kept pace with her his hands holding her hips steady making her want to blush. There touches never failed to make her heart go crazy.

"So Jess hows school?" Sang asked curiously as they contuined there walk.

Jess huffed, "I'm over uniforms."

"Here here!" Gabe chirped wrinkling his nose. "Why the fuck they became mandatory is crazy to me."

"Because the principal hates us." Nathan responded easily.

"You go to private school?" Sang questioned. James had noticed the blonde was trying to spend more time with the smaller lee girl make her feel included.

She was happy Sang was taking the first step. The two talked but Sang wasn't good with new people.

James wasn't either but she was better at hiding how she felt.

Still James knew Sang wanted Jessica to feel comfortable with her. They both wanted there friends families too like them.

Plus it was Kota's little sister, she was adorable and clearly she needed a few friends too. James slipped out of Lukes grasp for a moment moving up to the other two girls. She missed what the boy's were saying as she focused on Jessica's quiet voice.

"Not the academy." Jessica said.

James and Sang shared a look at this both perked up whenever they heard of the academy. "Why not?" It was James who asked this time.

"Kota doesn't want me too." Jessica shrugged.

James lips twisted at this, why wouldn't Kota want his sister to go? The academy helped them a lot. James thought of the assignment at Ashely Waters maybe Kota didn't want Jessica envolving herself in school fights or secret missions.

"Why wouldn't he want you too." Sang murmured looking just as confused as James.

Jess shrugged, "I don't think I'd want to anyways. There always busy with work and school. They  never get breaks either, not during breaks or summer. It's all work all the time."

Even if Jessica didn't want to go it was strange that she just wasn't allowed. James opened her mouth to ask more questions when she noticed Sang pause a frown settling across her lips.

"Sunshine?" She asked curiously she looked to see if the other's had heard Sang but they were arguing.

"Guy's," Sang said trying to get there attention.

"We're not going out there yet," Nathan said to Luke," I need to check it out incase there are wasps or-"

"Come on it'll be fine. No need to be such a worry wart." Luke said crossing his arms.

"Let's A go to the barn or B ditch." Gabe rolled his eyes his voice loud. "Pick!"

"Guy's," Sang said again James's eyebrows rose as they missed the girls soft spoken voice again.

Sang was quiet at nature her voice silent, part of it was her demeanor the other part was from the lemon juice. It took a toll on the blondes throat. That meant the boy's sometimes didn't hear the blonde right away. She knew it wasn't purposeful but she couldn't help but be annoyed.

"Let's just explore!" Nate complained.

"It's all the same," Luke huffed.

"Why the fuck are we even going to some old barn? Neither of them want to see that shit. It's hot let's go swim." Gabe insisted tugging at this shirt.

James whistled sharply getting all three boy's to look at her. She glared at them shooting them all a sharp look as she pointed to the blonde. "Sang has been trying to get your attention. Maybe you should listen up a little bit more instead of arguing yeah?" She asked hands on her hips.

The three blushed turning to Sang.

"Sorry cupcake," Luke murmured, "What did you want to do?"

Sang hushed them all holding up a finger and pointing to her ear. James scrunched her eyebrows together straining her ears to see if she heard anything. Leaves crunched as footsteps moved in there direction.

Suddenly Derrick emerged from the dirt path he lived on the street with the other's with his sister Danielle. Danielle could be a bit of a bitch Derrick normally kept to himself though. James opened her mouth to ask what he was doing when two boy's popped up beside him.

One boy was short with straight blonde hair that was cut to his shoulders, the other had dark curly hair he was just as thin but taller with deep tanned skin.

No one spoke for a moment making James turn glancing between the two groups.

"Your walking in the woods," James started lowering her voice earning surprised glance from the new group. "There's no one around and your phone is dead...out of the corner of your eye you see him. Shia Labeouf."

That earned a sharp laugh from Derrick as he shot her an amused look. The two boy's were giving her creeped out stares backing away slightly making her shoot them a toothy grin.

"I hate that I understand that reference." Derrick mumbled eyes amused.

James winked at him skipping towards the new group. "I'd apologize but that clearly means your a suprior human being welcome to the club!"

"...Thanks?"

James winked glancing to the boys. "State your name and occupation-" She squeaked as she was pulled back into Gabe's arms the boy shooting her a grin.

"Sorry we can't calm her oddness," Gabe did a guy head nod thing with Derrick. "She-"

"Who are you," The curly haired boy cut Gabe off questioning James and pointing at Sang.

"I'm James," She nodded her head, "Or you can call me the ninja sloth warrior. Whichever you prefer."

Her boy's and Sang laughed the new group however just gave her an interesting look making her smile widen. She would not deter.

"I'm Sang." The blonde murmured quietly, "I um just moved in on the street."

"You can call her princess peach because she's fabulous." The little boy scowled at her making James stick her tongue out at him. Rude.

"What are you guys' doing out here?" Nathan questioned. "You could get hurt."

"So couldn't you," The little boy said in a snotty voice.

James narrowed her eyes at the demon child. "Listen you little shi-" She was pulled into Nathan's arm the red head boy shooting her a look to behave. James frowned but conceded tucking her head into his shoulder.

"We just wanted to see if there was anymore dust piles too look out for." Derrick answered. "Where are you all heading?"

James turned curiously to Nathan, she had been following him without a care up until this point she was curious to know where they were going.

"We were gonna keep heading up this path see where it ends. If there's anything else down this way."

"It goes on for about two miles and just cuts off amount the trees," Derrick responded making Nathan looked disappointed. "I'd say it's strange that they cleared out a bunch of trees and left a saw dust pile. But them building this thing out in the middle of nowhere isn't that shocking. Maybe they ran out of money and decided to leave it."

James crinkled her nose because that seemed odd. Why make the plans if you didn't budget it right in the first place.

What had even been planned to be put here?

As the boy's started talking James fell back in line with Jessica and Sang the two were whispering with one another. "Who are they?" Sang asked her head tilting in the direction of the younger boy's who were whispering to one another.

"The blonde is Micah and the dark haired boy is Tom. They don't like me," Jess admitted.

James snorted, "I don't like them. There rude." She nudged Jessica's shoulder. "Sides if they don't like you then there even more lame."

"Why wouldn't they like you?" Sang asked confused, "Your nice."

Jessica blushed at that, "Yeah but I'm a girl and I'm...a little different."

"I'm strange too," James admitted.

"And were all girls." Sang added placing her hand on Jess's shoulder.

Jessica shared a smile with the two of them, "They probably won't like the two of you much then either." They all shared a silent laugh.

"Let's keep going," Gabe finally said getting the girls's attention.

They moved to a new trail with grass that was even higher making James groan. The group moved ended up in a circle the new guys glancing between her and Sang.

"New year same fun right?" Derrick questioned James.

She snorted, "Oh yeah high school drama is just fabulous." She said dryly.

"At least it's only some rumors this year," Derrick gave her a sympathetic smile. James noted that he seemed genuine she wondered why the guys weren't closer to him since they all lived on the same street.

"As opposed to last year?" Luke questioned curiously.

James scrunched her nose, "Exactly Jade was pretty...vicious last year."

"That's putting it lightly," Derrick shook his head.

"Why what happened last year?" Sang questioned her eyebrows pinching together a worried look in her tone.

Derrick winced and James frowned before blinking shaking her head. "School drama. Ya'll know how it be." She shrugged it off easily but Gabe shared a look with her. She had told him a bit about the drama with Karen and Jade. How she suspected Jade posted information about her around the school.

It still wasn't fun to talk about it.

Hadn't he told the others though? Huh.

"So how old are you?" Derrick asked changing topics after shooting James and apologetic smile Sang the blonde glanced at Nathan before turning back to Derrick.

"Oh um sixteen." Sang said sounding confused, "Were in the same grade."

Derrick rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah you just looked younger..."

There was another pause between the group. Why did it seem so hard to find conversation when it wasn't with one of her boy's.

"So y'all were just checking everything out then?" James asked curiously. "Did you go in the barn."

"We just came from there," Tom responded softly.

James nodded, turning to Nathan. "Well I didn't walk all the way out here for nothing."

He rolled his eyes, "I wanted to make sure there wasn't any wasps alright?" He held up his hands. "Forgive me for looking out for the two of you."

"Ouch hear that Luke?" Gabe asked. "No love for us!"

"Maybe if you were prettier," Nathan snapped rolling his eyes.

"Take it back!" Luke cried earning a giggle from Sang and a snort from James. She loved there dramatics.

"Your the just the cutest princess Luke. Truly I don't think I've ever seen anyone shine as bright." Nathan said in a deadpan voice making James howl with laughter.

"Come on idiots let move!"

                                                🌺

They had been following Micah. The demon child was bossy but James supposed she could be as well so she kept her mouth shut as they moved in a straight line.

"Stop!" Jessica shouted James froze on cue twisting her head so she could see what the issue was.

"Seriously Jessica?" Micah complained, "What do you want to show us a flower? No one cares."

James eye twitched, "Hey Micah maybe we want to see the flower if she has one! Or maybe she has a story. Why don't we listen to Jess speak."

Maybe she should just take a step foreword and wack Micah in the head. Consequences be damned.

"Why don't we-"

"Op! Sorry Micah no one cares!" James shouted the kid had been getting on her nerves and he was messing with Jessica. She wouldn't stand for it. She turned back to Jess who was blushing. "What were you saying?"

It was dead quiet within the rest of the group. Her guys hiding smiles and shooting her proud looks.

Jessica cleared her throat, "Theres stinging nettle all over." The made the rest of the groups eyes widen. James shared a confused look with Sang.

"...Is that a flower?" James asked softly.

"More southern bugs? What is um stinging nettle?" Sang said at the same time.

"It's the plants, they sting your skin if you touch them." Jessica said calmly. "If your wearing pants you should be okay."

James glanced down noticing that the trees were covered in the same sticky looking plant. She was grateful for the jeans she wore they protected most of her skin. They were ripped up and down them so the plants partly were digging into her skin. She hadn't noticed until now her nose crinkling as they started to itch.

"Sang's already been stung," Jessica said, "James you okay?"

"I'm good," She was for the most part. "What's the moves?"

"Sang get on my back," Nathan said once he realized he was in a free zone moving to the blonde quickly.

"Micah, Gabe take off your shirts and give them too Derrick." Nathan commanded. "Derrick tie them around your legs that should help to cover most of your skin."

Derrick caught them quickly tieing them tight. James got the idea and took the button up shirt she was wearing her off, leaving her in a white short sleeve undershirt.

She could bare without it even if she hated the thought of her arms being exposed.

She tossed the shirt too Luke who caught it quickly. Tom had taken his shirt off as well throwing it to Luke.

"Gabe grab Tom Luke grab Micah-"

"I'm not getting carried," Micah complained, James watched as Tom easily hopped on Gabe's back. Both Derrick and Luke moved to grab Micah but James held up a hand.

"I'm the closest too him, you guys I can get him." She didn't wait for a reply as she hoisted the boy on her shoulder.

Luke was wearing shorts, he would have to move past Derrick to and her to get to Micah. He would cut his legs up more doing so Toms shirt was small and left the back of his leg along with his ankle exposed.

"James no," Luke said sternly but she shot him a look.

"Your legs are already red and the one is barley covered, and Derricks only got those tshirts protecting his. I'm closest I can carry him." He started wiggling almost instantly making James want to growl.

"Micah." Derrick said sternly.

She winced as he elbowed her back. "Let me down!" He said sharply.

"She's trying to help you Micah." Gabe said his voice announcing his displeasure. "Listen."

"Elbow me again and I'll drop you in this stinging nettle!"James said making sure her tone sounded serious her voice turning cold.

He stopped wiggling making James nod.

"See that wasn't so hard." She glanced over her shoulder at the others. "Let's get a move on yeah?"

"James are you sure your good?" Luke called his eyes glancing at her with worry. "Micah so much as hit her again and she won't be the only one dropping you in stinging nettle."

Micah tensed in her grasp making her grin.

"James?" Sang called making her realize she never answered Luke's question.

"I'm fine." She insisted.

Nathan ran his eyes over her face trying to confirm but she kept it clear. "Alright Jess lead us out of her quickest path possible."

James moved with Micah, the extra weight was starting to add up and she had already been heated before but she wouldn't deter.

She followed the others as Jessica turned them around. They all moved through the paths easily James keeping along as best she could.

She hated having short legs.

She was just thankful that Jess had them back at Kota's house soon.

"Put me down!" Micah finally snapped, "I can't walk from here."

James set him down gently, "fine demon boy, but if you don't start up with the manors I'm gonna steal your soul and keep it for my own."

"...You don't have a soul?" He questioned.

James gave him a wicked grin shrugging her shoulders as he took a step back from her.

"Are you good?" Derrick asked, "didn't realize how strong you were."

James patted her stomach, "pure muscle baby," she knew her face was flushed as she was sure to be dripping with sweat still she was proud she was able to carry him the whole way.

Derrick opened his mouth to say something else but his eyes flickered down to her arms. James swallowed as she too glanced down to her scars her arms moving to curl around her stomach.

Ugly.

"Problem?" Nathan asked his voice sharp as he glared at Derrick.

James fidgeted her heart pounding she took a step back only to bump into Luke his arms finding herself. He had her button up in his hand as she quickly slipped it on. His arms moved wordlessly around her waist she avoided looking at Derrick losing her demeanor as she focused on the ground.

He probably thinks she's a freak.

"What happened?" Erica called moving into the yard as she noticed the large group.

"Stinging nettle," Jess replied back grabbing her moms hand and pulling her too Sang. "Sang's marked up."

"An so isn't James," Gabe called. "Holy shit why didn't you say it got through the wholes of your jeans. You said you were fine!"

"It is fine," James assured.

"Girls inside," Erica called voice stern.

James didn't bother to look back at Derrick instead she listened to Erica quickly following Sang into the house.

"Would you mind looking over Luke too-"

"After yours are checked out." Luke said firmly. "We want to make sure your okay."

"Could one of you go grab her a pair of Kota's shorts for her to change into?"

James shifted at that but Nathan had already jogged up the stairs to grab them.

Gabe was seated next to Sang at the table. He had put the other girls feet in his lap so her legs were acrossed him.

Erica moved over to the pair, "Luke why don't you grab Sang some water. James dear sit down."

Nathan was back and handing her a pair of shorts ushering her into the bathroom. James swallowed quickly slipping them on and folding up her jeans.

Her legs weren't  too bad, the only parts really marked up were the places that her jeans had really big wholes.

By the time James had come back out Nathan was scouping her up setting her in a seat in the kitchen then kneeling before her.

Before she could question him he started rubbing lotion on to her legs.

James didn't complain letting him a small blush crossing her face as she watched him. Huh.

"Kota's going to kill us, we're all going to be murdered." Gabe groaned as he worked on putting the lotion on Sang's legs.

"No he's not." Erica said, "it's not like you guys planned on running through stinging nettle."

"Micah probably planned it." Luke murmured earning a whack on the head from Erica.

"Why can't everyone get along, he's not too bad."

James winced, "he was a little rude. Maybe I was a little rude too though. That kids got a mean elbow and does not appreciate Jessicas greatness."

Jessica had just walked out when James finished her sentace a bright blush crossing the girls cheek.

"James..."

"No james is right. We're really lucky you were with us." Sang smiled sweetly.

Nathan nodded in agreement, "it would have been a lot worse if she wasn't there, she's the one who realized we were in the nettle."

Erica beamed pulling Jessica in for a tight hug, "my smart girl." James's heart fluttered at that. "I'm glad you all made it out safe."

"I'll go get you girls antihistamine, they'll help with the inflammation. Are either of you allergic to anything?" Erica questioned.

"No," Sang said softly James nodded in agreement.

"Luke come put some lotion on." Sang said patting the seat next to her. Her green eyes glancing at him with concern. "Did you get it pretty bad?"

"I'll survive."

Erica came back with a couple pills handing it to the each of them. "This should help. If it gets worse-"

"We got a couple doctors in speed dial." Nathan said smiling. "Thanks Erica."

She moved pressing a kiss to each boys cheek. The motion looking so natural to all of them.

"Make sure you girls get home okay. If you need anything-"

"Don't worry Erica were gonna keep it mellow. Finish some homework and relax." Luke said.

She smiled, "you guys are the best."

"We know." Gabe smirked. "Truly a blessing."

Erica laughed shaking her head. "Come over sometime this weekend girls. We can plan something fun."

James shared a shocked look with Sang.

"Really?" The blonde asked earning a soft smile from Erica.

"Yeah we can plan something cool." Erica said, "if you all stay out of trouble that is-"

"With these girls?" Gabe asked letting out a laugh. "There nothing but trouble."

"With that Attiudie your not invited this weekend." James said narrowing her eyes at him.

"You can't do that!" Gabe called making her laugh.

"Uh just did-!"

"Not fair!"

                                                🌺

The rest of James's night was pretty mellow. She stayed with North at Nathan's house since the other boy had work to do for the academy.

Luke went over to Sang's house with her meaning both Taylor brother's were with the girls tonight.

"Will your uncle be mad that neither of you are home on a school night?" James asked curiously. She had heard the other's talk about Uncle but she had yet to meet the man. She just knew both boy's stayed with him.

North shook his head as he moved around the kitchen liked he owned the place. It still amazed her how these boy's shared...Everything.

Victor drove an hour every morning to go to school picking up Gabe everyday. They had each other's spare keys to there cars and borrowed them without question. There homes were one another's and if any of them needed something the other was quick to jump too it.

It was an odd concept for her to grasp espiaclly with how used she was to taking care of herself.

"No we all have sleep overs a lot, and we've been working at the diner nonstop. He likes when we get a break and just get to relax. He's know's of the academy so he's aware of why were out some nights." North said stirring the pot he was cooking.

She wasn't sure what he was making but it smelled amazing. She bit her lip from asking more questions about the academy. She was curious and she wanted to know but...she would let them open up where they could.

"He wants to meet you girls you know," North commented. "He would have at the birthday party but-"

James nodded, "Something came up," She finished. "It's alright."

"Promise you won't hide like you did with Erica?" North teased making her laugh.

"Promise you'll give me a head up?" She shot back throwing a dish towel at him.

North caught it with ease slinging it on his shoulder before turning to her and leaning up against the counter. Hot damn.

North was a beast of a man with wide shoulders and a broad jaw. His skin was smooth and tan and currently his hair was mused the dark black matching his shirt. His eyes piercing as he smirked at her.

"Maybe if you tell me what you got me for my birthday," His voice was gruff his eyes curious.

"It's killing you inside not knowing isn't it?" James wiggled her eyebrows, "You'll have to wait and see-"

"Your-"

"Unbelievable?" James questioned, North moved across the counter she turned to they were faced to face. He took a step closer his arms coming to either side of her body there chests touching as he leaned down to cup her face.

"Please?" He wished lightly.

James felt her heart stop as she took in his face. Her eyes ranking over his features.

"Would it help if I said pretty please?" North asked.

James swallowed bringing her hand to his face. "Your really pretty." She whispered letting her thumb brush over his cheek.

"...Thank you." North murmured slightly taken aback by her comment.

James studied him for a long moment, "You really are. Pretty that is." she repeated her hand moving up to brush against his jaw her finger's trickling over his features. Watching as a blush came across his face. "I mean sure your hot with the whole smolder and dark eyes and-" She shook her head swallowing. "But your pretty too. Beautiful."

"I-" North's face softened his hands coming to cup her cheeks as he leaned his head down nuzzling her nose. Her breathe hitched as they grew closer his eyes flickering down to her lips. She wanted to kiss him, or have him kiss her. She wasn't sure what came over her all she knew was that she wanted to be as close to him as possible. "Jamie doll-"

The oven beeped loudly making them break apart her heart racing as she took a step back clearing her throat.

"James-"

"You might want to get that," She said throwing a grin on her face. "If I wanted burnt food I'd make it myself."

He was still standing there though his eyes piercing into her like he wanted to say more. Like he wanted to pick her up and kiss her with everything had. But the oven beeped again and he turned away.

James wasn't sure if she was disappointed or relieved.

They were quiet for the rest of the night.

She couldn't read North's face but the only thing that crossed her mind was that she needed to talk to Kota and Sang. She avoided it too long.

They all needed to figure out what the fuck they were doing before someone got hurt.

                                              🥀

As always sorry for any grammar spelling errors.

GUYS! This was a short fill In chapter to get us back to book plot! THAT MEANS THE NEXT COUPLE CHAPTERS ARE SHOPPING TRIP/SWIMMING/ PLUS THE SLEEPOVER MOMENT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

I had to break it down into two chapters because it was getting so long! What do you guy's want to see with the sleepover?

There's going to be games! Here's your last chance to ask any questions you might want to see! The chapter's almost finished I'm just adding in more game time!

The boy's are gonna be focused on asking James and Sang questions.

An of course the girls will get to ask the boy's there own questions!

What would you like asked and to who?

Heres a prime time for some of those things we've been wondering about James to start to come to light. So if you've got a specific question you'd like/or Dare you'd like to see give them too me.

An of course James is gonna be giving epic dares to the boy's who pick them (And Sang if she chooses) so anything specific anyone would like? I've been so excited for this chapter! I Already have some truth and dare questions to be asked but I could use some more!

Or if you have some questions James might want to ask Sang or the others. Whatever random/strange/funny things you got give them too me!

Woo hoo! Thanks for reading!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 1.9K 17
An Academy Fanfiction based on the characters of C.L. Stone's Ghost Bird Series. Written by Katy Did. Sang plans a game for the guys that has the...
33.3K 2.2K 16
|COMPLETE| A Ghost Bird Fanfiction. Sang arrives in a Charleston foster home after the untimely death of her mother. Little does she know, adjusting...
20.4K 1.6K 30
When the world changes overnight, and Sang finds herself separated from the nine boys she loves, how can she survive until they are all reunited? I'...
19.7K 1.1K 62
A young girl named Sang Sorenson has had a rough life. Since she was very little, all she can remember is pain and suffering. She does not really rem...