AADHYA REHANβœ“

By ziyaabram

Rehan's mother is a typical Indian mother, who wants to get her son married before he turns 28. And also she... More

00| Aadhya and Rehan
01| Bell and Brake
02| My Phone βœ“
03| Pool Party βœ“
04| Know Each Other βœ“
05| Time Up βœ“
06| Bhabhi βœ“
07| Guilty Pleasure βœ“
08| Is He The One βœ“
09| Fighting βœ“
10| FiancΓ© βœ“
11| Ketchup βœ“
12| Horoscope βœ“
13| Kiss βœ“
14| Coffeeβœ“
15| Baby Boy βœ“
16| Healthy βœ“
17| Double Date βœ“
17.1| Bonus Chapter βœ“
18| Communication βœ“
19| Hearts and Fire βœ“
20| Bliss βœ“
21| Exactly Like This βœ“
22| Yellow βœ“
23| The Sacred Chain βœ“
24| Forever
26| Any Better βœ“
27| Most Perfect βœ“
28| Mutual Feelings
29| Don't Butter
30| I have you
31| Changes
32| Still
33| Taken
34| Two Lines
35| Baby
36| Wished
37| Miss You
38| Save Me
39| Pink Dupatta
40| For Life
41| Tara
43| To Love And To Grieve
44| Ryan
45| Pawn
46| Teenage Hormones
47| Guilt
48| Debt
49| Let Go
50| Deed
51| Coincidence
52| For You
53| Grateful
54| Victim βœ“
55| Morning βœ“
56| Happy Birthday βœ“

42| Flames

25.2K 1.4K 151
By ziyaabram

I stood beside Sanjay as we watched Tara burn into flames.

Other than Sanjay she was the closest cousin I had, she was my sister. I used to wander around the house carrying her when she was a baby. She was our pattaakha.

"I'll bring those bastards out, Tara," I promised myself. Those people are not going to live in peace after touching my family.

I will kill him if I have to.

"The baby?"

I looked at Sanjay. Dressed in the white shirt, he was lifeless. I feel, worse than me. She had fallen right in front of him, Aadhya was lying in blood in front of him.

"The baby boy?" Sanjay explained his question.

"NICU. Won't be out anytime soon." I turned my head back to the flames.

"And ---the girl."

I looked down, keeping my hands in the pocket. "Burial in Dad's plot. I'll go to the hospital to pick her."

I felt my throat burning and I closed my eyes tight. No more tears.

"Can I come too?" I nodded without looking at him.

>>>>>

I opened the door of Aadhya's room. Her mother, sister-in-law and grandmother, looked at me hearing the door.

"Is it over?" Aunty asked referring to the funeral. I nodded walking to Aadhya. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there. I had to be here."

I shook my head. "It's okay, aunty. There's no problem. You should be here." I watched Aadhya. She still held our baby in her arm.

"Aadhya," I called her. She raised her head and smiled, her eyes filled.

"Yes. Yes. I know. But I don't think I can give her." She softly said.

"I can't either. But we have to." I sighed taking the baby from her.

Aadhya cried caressing Tara's hair. She kissed her cheeks, face, hands, legs and her stomach.

"I love you. And I'll miss you." She kissed her forehead for the last time, her eyes swollen. "Take her please, before I stop you."

I turned around, walking. My eyes felt heavy and my throat felt tight. The sudden realisation hit me, I was going to bury my daughter.

>>>>

I handed her to Sanjay. Draped in white she was ready. I kissed on the white cloth, for the last time before stepping back.

Sanjay placed her on the coffin and Dad shut it. I clutched my hands to control myself to not let the tears out. But I couldn't.

I cried.

I cried.

I was back home to see my pregnant wife and then to be with her when she gives me the best gift, I possibly could ever ask for.

And not to carry my daughter to her grave.

Not to carry her to her grave.

Dad held his hand around me and I felt like the years reversed, while I cried hugging him.

"This shall pass." He said patting my back.

>>>

I spent hours inside the car alone before going to Aadhya. She needed me the most and I couldn't fail more as a husband.

Aadhya was asleep when I saw her. Her lips and cheeks had lost their natural colour, she was different, even though she was the same.

I remembered the time I used to mock her through our late-night calls about her weight. She hadn't put massive weight yet she was chubby, and I liked the pregnant chubby Aadhya more.

Only if I could've seen her, like that.

"Rehan, I thought you went!" Aunty asked surprised as she came out of the bathroom.

"I came to stay with her. Aren't you going home?" I questioned seeing her.

"No, I decided to stay here. You go and take some rest Rehan, you need it after a long day."

I shook my head, negative. "I couldn't be with her yesterday and many days and months before that, and I want to spend the coming days maximum with her. You can go home Auntie and come back tomorrow. You need to rest." I said.

She looked at me and then at Aadhya. She returned her gaze and nodded. "She needs you the most. I'll come back in the morning. Take rest, when he comes back you'll be praying God for some sleep and peace." She joked making me smile.

"Can't wait for that." I genuinely said. I wish to fasten to the days when I'll get to hold my child.

After Aunty left the room I locked the door and moved the guest's bed near to the patient's bed.

Even I so wanted to lie down beside Aadhya and keep her head on my chest, I know she's not in a condition to be. So I laid on my bed, which was a bit smaller, in height, than hers.

I held her left hand and spotted the ring finger empty. I've always loved to play with her fingers, especially when she had a ring on them.

I guessed the ring must be in the room. I got out of the bed and walked to the cupboard, unlocking it I saw two bags. I opened the first and there was a small cover.

I took it out and it held Aadhya's engagement ring, her, now, broken mangalsutra, and earring.

There was no way she could wear this mangalsutra, again.

I reminded myself to get her a new one, as soon as I could.

Keeping the rest of the things back, except for the ring, I moved to her side of the bed.

I held her palm, her other hand held against her body by the white bandage. I slipped the ring on her finger and laid back on my bed.

Caressing her fingers, I slowly fell into a deep sleep. I slept only for a few seconds, but I knew it was more than that when I heard a loud gasp and my hand jerked off.

"Are you, okay?" I placed my hand on her cheek. Hot tears slipped out of her dark orbs, her lips shivered and she clutched my shirt.

"---I ca--" Her heavy breaths made me worried. I passed her a glass of water, and sitting beside her I rubbed her back.

"I should have been careful." She turned to me. "--Oh my god, Rehan. I killed her, it was my--"

I hugged her, tightly. "No. You're not. You don't get to blame yourself, you'd nothing to do with it. She was---, not ready."

"I'm scared, Rehan. I close my eyes, and she's crying. I want to touch her." Her voice faded as she spoke. I caressed her hair, holding her close.

"She's happy, there. We have to let it go, let her go."

I lifted Aadhya's face, her eyes were closed, the medicine was drawing the hell out of her.

>>>>

The next morning, I woke up more early than usual. Aadhya was sleeping, and before I head out, I wanted to see our baby.

"You're here," I said opening the glass door, outside the NICU.

"I brought four lives here, and only got two back, so had to make sure, he was pulling the rope," Sanjay said looking at the babies through the glass. "I'd been here for five minutes, trying to find which baby has, unfortunately, your looks. But, where is he?" He questioned.

I chuckled. "The one near the corner. You can take a closer, look from here." I walked to the side, and there he was still held between those wires and the big glass shield.

"Mark this date, I'm going to spoil him, so much, that you and I might break apart." Sanjay promised, with a smile, which is the first sincere smile I've seen on anybody here since I came.

"Well, I won the bet, so I guess you can spoil him, till you broke." I laughed.

"Thank god, the word "he/him" was introduced." He looked at me and I looked down smiling.

"We haven't been there, to name him, it is the last thing in my mind."

"I know. Just, he deserves everything, make sure of that." Sanjay hummed.

I nodded. "I'm going home, need to shower and come back quick, before Aadhya wakes up. Are you coming?"

"Nah, I'll be here. And everyone is not home. They went to Prakash Chacha's house. Yesterday. Jiya and Rhea, are not fine." He ruffled his hair and shook his head. "Jiya had an asthma episode, and Rhea is not talking to anyone. They're, not fine."

>>>>>

I pressed the calling bell, and after a minute or so, Chachi opened the door. She looked tired.

"Rehan! How's Aadhya? And the baby?" She asked letting me in.

"She's fine. I came to shower and run before she wakes up. And the baby is holding on." I said, rubbing my hands, together.

"Everything is going to be fine. Don't give up." She placed her hand on my shoulders. "You can go shower, and I'll make something for you to eat. Your luggage is in the guest room, upstairs."

"Where's mom?"

"Yesterday after the funeral, Reshma's blood pressure came low, and she was unconscious for some time. Maa, was there, and I told Bhabhi to stay with them while I took care of the kids." Chachi answered. "Jiya's turning out fine, only speak when we spoke to her. Rhea doesn't talk, barely eats anything. Everyone tried talking but--"

"She'll be fine," I mumbled.

>>

Removing my clothes I stood under the shower. The cold water calmed me. I closed my eyes easing every trouble I had.

After wrapping myself with the towel, I came out of the bathroom. The two bags were in the room, I opened the first one which had my dress and quickly slipped on the comfortable ones I found.

I stood there, looking at the other bag, it had things I bought for them and Aadhya, also chocolates, which I hate but, she was taking one for the team, and it was my duty to give her something, even if it doesn't reach what she is doing.

"When did you come?"

I turned over, buttoning my shirt. Rahul, stood by the door rubbing his eyes.

"Just now, I'm going back to the hospital."

"Hmm."

"Wait--" I stopped when he turned to go. "If the girls are awake, bring them."

Few minutes went by, and Jiya came with Rhea. Their naughty smirk which was always present was absent.

"I've something for you two." I placed the bag on the bed. "Come here."

Opening it, I took out some of the things I bought for others.

"These are for both of you," I gave them the watched, I brought for them. "And this."

I placed the chocolate bars on their hands, they surely held the bewildered look. "I didn't change, this exception is for one time only."

I smiled seeing them looking at each other with their lips curved up.

"Thank you," Jiya said kissing my cheek. I looked at Rhea, she leaned in to kiss my other cheek.

I didn't persuade them to talk, the trauma these two had was unimaginable. And two hear, their sister died, was not pleasant.

"I'm going to visit your Bhabhi and the baby, so tell me which dress should I make the baby wear."

I placed some of the baby clothes on the bed. I wasn't an expert, but when I visited different countries I spent some time buying the dress for them. Also, since their arrival was sooner than expected, I guessed nobody had brought the baby clothes and my child will be sleeping on the hospital clothes.

I can do nothing to make my son or wife better but I surely can make sure they're being taken care of.

I had not felt this much useless, until now.

"Choose," I told them. "It's a boy, do you want to try pink on him, and make him mad."

I smiled looking at the clothes. When can I pick him, wearing these clothes?

Rhea took the turquoise green baby cap, and cream socks. Jiya took the same colour shirt which had knots instead of buttons.

"Thank you, he'll like these." I put the clothes in a small bag along with some chocolates.

I closed the bag and kept it on the floor.

"There are two babies, Bhai." Jiya stated.

I had nothing to say, actually I didn't know what to say. I looked at them and my heart didn't allow me to say the truth. It's, painful.

I laughed shaking my head. "No there is not." I cleared my throat. "Mom said it was a mistake, from her side. Because of her, I brought too many clothes. I hope he wears them all."

At that moment my mind was fixed on one thing, I'm not going to let my son know he had a sister. Call it selfishness but I don't want him to grow up, thinking that, his parents are not happy on his birthday because he'd a sister born and died on the same day.

Our daughter is mine and Aadhya's to grieve and we don't want our son to think, she takes his happiness.

I'll make sure of that.

>>>>>

Aadhya looked out sitting on the bed. The curtain of the window was raised, giving her the perfect view of the city.

"Hey, I'd gone to take shower and grab this," I said placing a kiss on her forehead.

She looked at the bag on her lap and I opened it for her. She took the clothes covered in a transparent cover with her left hand and looked at me.

"These are beautiful." She voiced her thoughts, eyes flooded with tears.

"And this?" I questioned giving her the chocolates from the bag.

She laughed fixing her eyes on me.

My eyes dropped on to her lips. I closed the distance between us taking her lips in mine. This is the first time, I'm feeling her this close in months.

We kissed not in any urgency but taking all the time in the world. We shared our worry, our pain, some things which only we could feel through the kiss.

We broke the kiss to breath. I placed my forehead against hers, our breath was uneven. She caressed my cheek and I kissed her again, faster than the last time.

I didn't plan on stopping until the door knock interrupted us.

I groaned standing up. "We should have kept no disturb board on the door."

I opened the door and it was a guy with food for Aadhya. I took the food inside and placed it on the table.

"Can you call my mother and ask her to come fast," Aadhya said when I started placing the food in her plate.

"Why?"

"I ---" She looked down not making eye contact with me. "--want to go to the bathroom."

"So?"

She looked at me with a frown. "I want help in the bathroom and I want my mother."

"You want help in the bathroom---" I paused covering the food and walking to her. "--and you have your husband."

"Uhm, no."

She tried to argue but I held her waist and pulled her out of the bed, gently.

"No Rehan," She stopped holding my shoulders. "I can't."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I'm shy." Her words came out so low and I smiled kissing her head.

"It's fine and nothing to be shy about. I'm Rehan, your husband. And I promised to look after you and just let me do that."

She wasn't sure and nodded with her cheeks reddening.

"You remember right, how we made the baby?"

"REHAN!" She slapped my chest, her face flushed.

>>>>>

Hours later three policemen came to take Aadhya's statements. Even though she didn't remember anything it was important to record everything she has to say.

"I don't remember going to the wedding nor I can't make out how I went there or how I reached back. I don't even remember what I wore. It's all flashing in my mind but I can't figure anything out." Aadhya stated.

The police nodded. "We did not find any clues, as of now, but when we questioned the people near your house, one of the people state that they saw three vehicles going to your house in different times. Two cars and one bike, one car must be of your brother's, and we're searching for the other two."

I nodded. He was interrupted by a phone call. After a minute or so, he cut the call and looked at us.

"We got one guy, his bike and face were on the camera, on the highway. He's in the station and our Sir will be questioning him, now. Do you know any, Sameer Sharma?" The inspector asked.

"No," I replied and looked at Aadhya. She was still for some time, and then shook her head, no.

hello people. sorry for not replying the comments, i have exams coming up and i don't open wattpad much. please pray for me to rock my exams.

also, i'm temporarily taking down sanam's story. will write that after some time. sorry, :p.

drop your votes and comments. thank you.

zoe--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 8.9K 74
shraddha goel was born with a silver spoon but a humble kind and soft girl. she was married off when she was twenty two to a rich multi millionaire...
90.1K 5.1K 20
"Ye gila hai aapki nigahon se Phool bhi hon darmiyan to fasle hue"~ β™‘β™‘β™‘ This is the story of a 18 year old gi...
45.9K 1.9K 19
This book is a short story about an arranged Indian couple: Tanay and Aadya. Tanay and Aadya come from a small town and conservative families. Their...
3.6M 171K 72
" HOW DARE YOU TRY TO HURT MY SON??" he shouted at her, his eyes bloodshot. "DON'T SHOW ME THAT FAKE TEARS OF YOURS. I KNOW YOU ARE JUST MASKING YOU...