Cold Savior

ArrowverseAddict által

Rose Ramon, Cisco Ramon's older sister is in an abusive relationship. No one knows until Captain Cold kidnaps... Több

Prologue
Kidnapped
Travel
Pilot part one
Pilot part two
Blood ties
White knight
Failsafe
Star City 2046
Marooned
Night of the hawk
Left Behind
Progeny
The Magnificent Nine
Last Refuge
Leviathan
River of time
Destiny
Legendary
Paradox
The New Rouges
Monster
Shade
Killer Frost
Invasion part one
Invasion part two
Invasion part three
The Present
Borrowing problems from the future
Dead or Alive
Untouchable

Magenta

262 11 0
ArrowverseAddict által

S.T.A.R Labs, cortex

Me, Caitlin, Cisco, Wally, and Joe were in the cortex when an alarm started going off.

"Uh, Cisco, what's that?"

"That is a breach! A breach just opened let's go! Downstairs now!" Cisco said and I raised an eyebrow.

"It's a what?" I asked as we all ran downstairs.

Cisco and Joe pointed guns at the thing I assumed to be the breach while me, Caitlin and Wally stood behind them, me calling Barry and Caitlin calling Iris.

Neither of them picked up but a few seconds later Barry zoomed in with Iris.

"What's going on?" Barry asked, looking at the breach.

"That!" Caitlin said, waving her hand towards the breach.

"Yeah, why'd you open a breach?"

"I didn't." Cisco said.

"What?"

"That's why we called you." Joe said.

"Well, can you close it?" Iris asked.

"Once again, wouldn't have called if I could." Cisco said before the breach started fluctuating.

"Somebody's coming through." Wally said, pointing at the breach.

"Get back!" Joe said before a man who looked exactly like Harrison Wells came through.

"Allen." The guy said as Cisco and Joe put their guns down.

"Wells." Barry said with a sigh.

"I need your help."

"With what?" Barry asked before a speedster zoomed into the room, running around before stopping beside the guy with a smile.

"With that."

"Hey guys." The girl said as I tried to figure out what was going on.

"Jesse. You're a speedster?" Wally asked.

"Yeah. It's pretty cool right?"

"I mean yeah, I would say so." Iris said.

"Um hi I'm Rose, I'm Cisco's sister." I said, taking a step forward.

"Hi I'm Jesse and this is my dad."

"When did this happen?" Caitlin asked.

"A few days ago."

"So when I got Allen his speed back, Wally and Jesse were hit with the dark matter. Turns out, she was affected. She was totally affected." The guy who looked like Harrison Wells said.

"But I didn't get speed, so could it have been from something else." Wally asked as I crossed my arms.

"No...I mean I doubt it. Dark matter affects different people in different ways at different times. Sometimes not at all so be thankful. But she was affected and I wanna run some tests and find out just how much."

"Cool, I will go set up the medbay and you guys can take them to the speed lab and Cisco you can come with me and explain how the hell I missed so much. I was on a timeship how is this more complicated?" I asked and Cisco laughed.

"Oh you have no idea what's going on." Cisco said, clasping his hands together.

"No, but I know how to run tests so, I will set up the medbay and you guys take them to the speed lab." I said pointing towards the hall.

"Speed lab?" The Harrison Wells lookalike asked.

"Yeah, hold on though. I'm Rose, Cisco's sister."

"Harrison Wells."

"But we call him Harry because it's weird." Cisco said and I nodded.

"Cool, see you guys in the speed lab." I said before heading to the medbay.

I set up the medbay before heading into the speed lab just in time to hear Harry's comment.

"I suppose that means you traveled back in time again."

"Yeah, he did. Created two alternate timelines and that might be a record. I mean, my team screwed up time constantly, almost wiped Central City from existence but never created two alternate timelines." I said as I walked in.

"You almost wiped Central City from existence?" Barry asked.

"Yep, but we fixed it before it solidified in history."

"Solidified in history?"

"Yeah, time takes-"

"Time to harden." Harry said, cutting me off.

"Exactly. And I'm gonna assume he figured it out so fast because other earths, other timelines so if I'm right, neither of you have been in here before either."

"No we haven't, how do you have someone on your team who knows so much about time travel and you still manage to screw it up constantly?"

"Easy, he never talks to me about it so I can't stop him from doing something stupid. Wow, this is fun."

"What's fun?"

"I was on the receiving end of lectures on time travel for months so being the one giving the lecture is a bit of a change."

"Look Harry, only a couple things are different." Barry said and I laughed.

"Oh, I'm sure. Not." Harry said.

"Really? You guys are doing not on earth two now?" Cisco asked as I walked over to the computers.

"Uh, no. That's all him." Jesse said, pointing at Harry.

"Besides even if it is just a few things that you know about, that just means it's just a few things that you've found out about." I said as Caitlin hooked up the vitals scanners to Jesse. "Okay, vitals scanners are good to go, let's get her on the track." I said, looking at the computer.

"Alright, check this out." Jesse said before speeding onto the track.

"Damn. She really can move." Cisco said as I checked her vitals.

"Yeah. She can. Um I got to go." Wally said before Wally out.

"Vitals are perfect. Joe, go check on your son." I said and he nodded before walking out, Barry following behind him.

"Rose, you okay?" Cisco asked as I sat down and put my head in my hands from a wave of dizziness.

"Fine, just pregnant."

"Where's the father?" Harry asked and Cisco hit him on the arm.

"Cisco, it's fine. He didn't know. The father died a few weeks ago."

"I'm sorry. I only asked because I know when my wife was having symptoms she wanted me to be there."

"Thank you uh I'll be fine I just need a minute."

"So, how'd I do?" Jesse asked after she zoomed off of the track.

"Blood pressure, heart rate, metabolic rate, all look good." I said with a shrug.

"And you've got some serious speed, girl." Caitlin said and Cisco nodded. "I think you're good to go."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I still wanna run a few more tests." Harry said, holding a hand up.

"Like what?" Cisco asked.

"Like more tests."

"Uh hey so is Wally here?" Jesse asked.

"Uh no not yet." Caitlin said.

"Right, okay uh I'm gonna, I'm gonna go grab some food."

"Yep. Speedster protein bars in the workshop, right this way." I said, leading her out of the speed lab and towards the workshop.

"How'd you do that?" She asked as we walked down the hall.

"Do what?"

"My dad...he, he never talks about my mom."

"Oh, I don't know I guess maybe he felt more comfortable with someone who had experienced something similar?" I said as we walked into the workshop.

"Guys, we've got a metahuman. Get to the cortex." Barry said over the comms.

"Okay, we're on our way." I said over the comms. "And that's our cue." I said before we headed to the cortex.

"Her name's Frankie Kane, but she's calling herself Magenta." Barry told us as me and Caitlin looked over her medical file.

"Meh." Cisco said with a shrug.

"That Magenta is a whole different girl than the scared, kind girl I was interviewing." Joe said and I nodded.

"Yeah, literally. She's dissociative." I said and Caitlin nodded.

"Split-personality. According to her medical records, it's a condition she's been dealing with entire life." Caitlin said.

"It was probably triggered by all the yelling at CCPD."

"So Frankie is Jekyll. Magenta is Hyde." Wally said with a shrug.

"Basically."

"Classic good versus evil." Harry said with his arms crossed.

"Or, she's pulling a Primal Fear." Cisco said.

"She's faking it."

"No. She's not faking it. I saw the struggle going on inside of her. Magenta's trying to take over completely." Barry said with his hands on his hips.

"You said she was raised in the foster system?" Iris asked.

"Yep, all here life she went from home to home." Joe said with a nod.

"Yeah, and maybe not good ones. Her current foster father John, the one who was hurt in the attack, he's got a few disorderly conducts. He might have some information we can use. I can follow up with him."

"There is something else. She got her powers from Alchemy. When I said his name she knew who he was so Magenta must have existed in the other timeline too." Barry said and I sighed.

"Who's Alchemy?" Harry asked.

"Fancy magic guy in a cloak that's restoring the powers to anyone who had them in Flashpoint." I said, running a hand through my hair.

"And what's Flashpoint?" Jesse asked.

"That's what we're calling the alternate timeline Barry created when he went back and saved his mom." Caitlin said and I nodded.

"So Magenta is another side effect from your time trip? Genius...not." Harry said and Barry sighed.

"I don't need to be reminded. Thank you." Barry said.

"Look, anybody with those powers and as angry as her, needs to be tracked down. Fast." Joe said and Jesse grinned.

"Well, great. I mean, fast I can do. Let me just go carb-load." Jesse said before running out.

A few hours later, cortex

"Everyone get to the cortex, Iris just hit her panic button." I said over the comms as I shut off the alarm.

"Her what?" Barry asked as he walked in.

"Her panic button. We installed them on everyone's phones cause we kept getting kidnapped." Cisco said as he tracked her phone.

"Well at least something's an improvement in this timeline." Barry said and I sighed.

"Cisco, location?" I asked and he nodded as he pulled it up on the screen.

"That's the hospital." Caitlin said as she walked in.

"Frankie's foster father's there." Joe said and I sighed.

"Yeah and Iris went to see him."

"Looks like she's not the only one." Harry said as the screen showed a tanker floating above the hospital.

"Is that a tanker?" Jesse asked as I stood up.

"That's-that's a tanker." Cisco stuttered.

"She's gonna kill him and everyone else in there." Joe said and I nodded.

"I gotta go." Barry said with his arms crossed.

"What are you gonna do? You don't have superstrength."

"Start thinking." Barry said before zooming into his suit and out of S.T.A.R Labs.

"Guys?" Barry asked over the comms once he got to the hospital and we all looked at each other. "There's not enough time to get everyone out of the hospital. This thing's coming down."

"Barry, Iris is still in there." Joe said over the comms.

"What if I create a wind funnel?"

"You won't be creating enough updraft to keep that tanker up." Cisco said as I shook my head.

"No, no. Not with my arms. If I run."

"That could..." Harry said looking at Cisco.

"Propeller." Cisco said, pointing at him.

"That could work. Barry! Run in a figure eight fashion. It'll act like a propeller. The wind will build upon itself it'll create the supersonic resistance we need. Could work."

"Okay, but if he's doing that how is he gonna stop Magenta?" I asked and Harry looked at Jesse.

"Rose is right. Go help him."

"Dad-" Jesse started but Harry cut her off.

"You need to get out there. Now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. I know you can do it. You're more than fast enough. Now run Jesse, run!" Harry said and Jesse sped out.

"I don't think Jesse can hold that tanker much longer." I said as the tanker dropped down further.

"Barry, you gotta stop her now. That tanker's coming down." Harry said over the comms but we didn't get a reply.

After a few minutes the tanker floated up and away from the hospital.

"They did it." Joe said before Barry sped in with Frankie.

I pulled out a chair and she sat down.

"So no one else got hurt?" Frankie asked, looking down.

"No but you don't need to worry about that." I said, kneeling down next to her chair and sending her a comforting smile.

"What about John?"

"The DA's prosecuting him for what he did to you. So I think he's gonna be serving time and he's not gonna be anyone's foster father ever again." Joe said as I tucked Frankie's hair behind her ear and she sent me a small smile.

"It's just so strange, being responsible for all of this and not remembering any of it." Frankie said and I nodded while Joe smiled at me.

"What do you remember? About how you got your powers, how all this began?" Barry asked and I shot him a look.

"We can wait to talk about it if you're not ready." I told her and she smiled at me.

"It's okay uh I started having dreams at night of Magenta."

"Dreams?" Wally asked with his arms crossed.

"They were more than dreams. It was like I was living another life or something. And then I started getting them all the time. During the day. And the more it happened, the more painful they became. Then I started hearing a voice."

"What voice?" Cisco asked.

"It was a man...named Alchemy. He said he could give me what I wanted and make me powerful again. I didn't understand. I thought I was going crazy."

"Hey, none of this is your fault. I promise you, there is nothing you could've done to prevent this." I said, reaching to take her hand but I stopped myself, not wanting her to flinch away.

"There may be a dark side inside of you but if you face it, it'll make it easier for the good side of you to win." Barry said and I nodded.

"You're letting me go?" Frankie asked.

"Just like Rose said, none of this is your fault. We're looking for a good home for you. Trying to find people that will never hurt you. You'll be safe I promise."

"Rose, let's talk in the other room." Joe said with a smile and I hesitantly followed him out of the room.

"What's up? Also is this gonna take long cause we should really get back in there." I said, fidgeting with my hands.

"You wanna take her in."

"Yeah. Yeah I really do. I get it. I know how she's feeling right now and I want to help her. I mean I'm already having one kid. But I...I don't wanna scare her...she's been through so much and I'm a random stranger I can't just say I want to adopt her."

"You're one of the most empathetic and kind people I know, Rose. That girl out there, even if she just met you, she knows it too. The way you were looking at her, the way you were acting. You got a scared, guilt ridden girl to smile just by being yourself. You can do this. I know you can."

"Okay." I said, taking a deep breath before we walked back into the cortex.

"Um guys, can I have the room with Frankie?" I asked and they all walked out.

I pulled out another chair and sat infront of Frankie, taking a deep breath before starting.

"When I was in high school, I started dating this guy named Walter. As soon as I turned eighteen I moved in with him but he started beating me, daily if I did anything he didn't like. I know you just met me and you have no reason to trust me but I want to help you. If you'll let me, I'd like to adopt you."

"But...you just met me."

"I know. And I know that you've been through alot but if you want me to I'll adopt you. I'm pregnant so you'll have a little brother pretty soon and I'd really love to do this."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

"Okay."

"Okay. Um I'll go get the paperwork."

"But what if Magenta tries to come back."

"I'll be there to help you through it." I told her before Joe walked in with the paperwork and handed it to me.

"She could've said no, you know?" I asked with a laugh as I took the paperwork.

"I knew she wouldn't. Anyone that meets you can see you're a good person. You just have to see that for yourself."

A few hours later

"Okay and that is the last of that." I said, handing the finished paperwork over. "I have a spare room in my apartment that will be yours. I have been looking for a house recently but this weekend we can go shopping so you can decorate your room if you want."

"That...that sounds great. Thank you for this for all of this."

"And here we are. This is the spare room. My room is right there if you need anything. Goodnight, Frankie."

"Goodnight, Rose."

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

2.8M 42.1K 99
Six months ago, Nathan's sister was brutally murdered. Now the former playboy desires only one thing: revenge. Late at night, Nathan trudges down th...
47.2K 1.1K 48
This story is set after season 3 of The Flash. However, Savitar wasn't taken by the paradox. He lives with the help of Team Flash. A journey to his r...
44.6K 1.3K 30
Since Lizzy could remember it was only her brother and Mick Rory, who had always been by her side. She did everything with Leonard and Mick. Many tim...
56.1K 2.3K 18
ON HOLD Rowan Nyx liked to play with fire. She ran towards the fire so others wouldn't have to. That's just who she was. She would always put other...