Lunar Dream (Sunnew)

By kyeoulpin

"Please, don't eat me! I have a weak heart, you won't like it!" "Ew! No! I'm not gonna eat a random person's... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two (End)
Epilogue
I Guess (One Shot)
Still Memories
Still Memories (Part-2)
Because It's You (Sangcob)

Nineteen

534 51 24
By kyeoulpin

That night, Joonyoung and Youngjae prepared their bags to go again. Changmin and Younghoon went to get their horses. Chanhee wanted to help but Joonyoung advised him to rest more, considering his state.

They walked out of their building and back to the main gate.

"Wait!" A voice yelled out.

Hyunjae came running to them. He took a look at the horses and bags, then at Chanhee.

"I thought we already told you. You can't go back just like this. It's too dangerous." He said.

"Those ambushes only happened because we were with you. We are also quite capable of protecting ourselves, thank you." Changmin said. Hyunjae looked baffled.

"I heard what you said to Haknyeon and Hyungseo. But I promise, we are in no means trying to make you our weapons. We are only looking for more recruits but we don't have any intention to force you. But please don't leave right now. It's nightfall. It's dark and dangerous." Hyunjae said the last sentence looking directly at Chanhee.

Chanhee averted his gaze and rubbed his arms awkwardly. Hyunjae frowned a bit in disappointment. 

"You are staying." All of them turned to Sangyeon who came, walking quite calmly.

"I see you are all better now. But who are you to tell me, us, what to do?" Joonyoung asked, voice quite firm. The four gumihos could sense the slight irritation in Joonyoung's tone.

"Believe me. If it were up to me, I would've let you go the moment we escaped. But, you saved my life and I am grateful for it." Sangyeon bowed his head. Joonyoung just watched him.

"And? You seem like you still have more to add." 

"My master, the owner of this place where you just rested, does not wish to let you go. And I am in no place to refuse his orders. So I am here to tell you to go back to your chamber."

"You forgot, you still haven't answered my question." Joonyoung quirked his brow and stepped closer to Sangyeon, "Who are you to tell us what to do?" 

Youngjae looked between them nervously and pulled Chanhee's sleeves a bit. Chanhee looked at him and saw that Youngjae was nervous. Well, Chanhee didn't blame him. Joonyoung was being unusually fierce. If looks could kill, Sangyeon and Joonyoung would've killed each other by now.

"I said, it's an order from my master." Sangyeon said, slightly clenching his jaw.

"It's your master, not mine. I don't see why we got to obey that." 

"Go back while I'm still being nice."

"Nice? Ha." Joonyoung scoffed, "Who do you think you are, threatening a far more powerful being than you?" 

Hyunjae panicked when Joonyoung's eyes blazed blue and he started stepping closer to Sangyeon. 

Sangyeon, though, did not flinch.

"Hyung, that's enough. We don't want to cause more commotion." Chanhee said carefully. 

Younghoon stepped forward and put a hand on Joonyoung's shoulders to stop him. But Joonyoung didn't mind him.

"I could easily end you just as I saved you." Joonyoung spoke.

"Then do it." Sangyeon replied.

Hyunjae knitted his brows, confused as to why Sangyeon was staying this calm. He turned to Chanhee for help but Chanhee just stared back at him. 

"Hyung!" Younghoon reached to stop Joonyoung. 

Joonyoung had got out his claws and slashed them right at Sangyeon. But Sangyeon managed to dodge it. He looked at Joonyoung with a challenging look. 

Joonyoung charged at him with a growl and Sangyeon blocked him and grabbed his wrists. Joonyoung struggled to get out of his grasp as he continued kicking at Sangyeon. Sangyeon blocked every kick. Joonyoung spun around mid air and Sangyeon followed him. But he lost balance when he landed back and slipped, bringing Joonyoung down with him.

Joonyoung supported himself before crashing down on Sangyeon's chest. He fisted Sangyeon's collar and glared at him. Then his glare softened, realizing how close they were now. 

Sangyeon took advantage of Joonyoung's temporary wavered focus and pushed him off. He climbed on Joonyoung and pinned his wrists down the ground. Now he was trapping Joonyoung under him. Joonyoung growled at the tight grip on his wrists and struggled. 

"Come on, I know you are much more capable than this." Sangyeon breathed out, face dangerously close. The smirk on Sangyeon made Joonyoung feel so annoyed. It didn't help that they were in such a compromising position either. 

"Enough." 

Sangyeon and Joonyoung whipped their heads towards the voice.

"Professor Kim!" Hyunjae exclaimed as he bowed down a bit. The four gumihos also looked at the man. Professor Kim looked at Sangyeon, disapprovingly. 

Sangyeon cleared his throat and got up awkwardly. He stood up straight and bowed his head at the professor. Joonyoung examined the man. This must be the master Sangyeon keeps talking about, but wait, he called him professor.

"I apologize for my student's behavior. We don't encourage habits like these." the professor glared slightly at Sangyeon. Joonyoung got up but didn't reply.

"Let me introduce myself. I am Kim Namjoon, professor here at Hae Baragi. I assume you have objections to continue staying here?" He said, keeping his tone polite. Joonyoung couldn't help but feel more calm listening to the man. He nodded.

"Unfortunately, you cannot leave just yet. There are enemies lurking about. Even though you are powerful beings, gumihos, they have weapons to control you. And I am sure you would have no knowledge to defend their attacks." 

"How do you know so much about that guild?" Chanhee asked, stepping forward.

"They have been on our tail for many years. But it has not been long that we decided to create Hwarang to defend our people against them. And that is part of the reason why we wish to invite you to continue staying with us." 

"To fight for you?" 

"No. To fight with us."

Changmin scoffed. 

"As if you've ever treated us like your equal. Whatever Hwa-thing you are talking about, whatever scheme you are creating to make us fight your battles for you, we aren't participating in it." Younghoon said firmly.

"I assure you that is not the intention. If you could just provide us time to prove our pure intentions and purpose of Hwarang, I am sure you would agree." 

Joonyoung and Chanhee looked at each other. Joonyoung shook his head slightly. Chanhee sighed, then caught sight of Hyunjae staring at him.

Chanhee was sure Hyunjae couldn't communicate telepathically but he seemed to be trying to talk to him. His eyes screamed out the words for him. 

"Tomorrow. We'll leave tomorrow if we still think this is nonsense." Chanhee said. 

Professor Kim nodded. 

"That's all we need." He smiled at them. Then, he gestured for Hyunjae to escort them back to their chambers. 

Joonyoung caught a glimpse of Sangyeon before walking away. As usual, Sangyeon had a straight face on, as if he hadn't been trying to rile up Joonyoung earlier. 

Joonyoung felt mad, picturing his cocky smirk when he was pinned down earlier. Sangyeon was right. He could have done much more. But Joonyoung couldn't hurt a human, even if he was as conceited and annoying as Sangyeon.

"Whoa, that was intense." said Hyungseo, peeking from the corner at the scene. 

"Sangyeon is one brave guy. Trying to fight with a gumiho." Haknyeon said, taking a bit out of his rice cake. Hyungseo nodded in agreement.

"What are you guys doing here?" 

Hyungseo stumbled down Haknyeon and the rice cake just flew out of Haknyeon's hands and into Hwall's hands.  

"Seriously, Sunwoo? Again?" Hyungseo said, clutching his heart.

"When did you two get here?" Haknyeon asked, getting up and dusting his butt.

"Since you guys have been betting on whether Sangyeon or Joonyoung would win." Sunwoo said and taking a bite out of the rice cake Hwall caught from Haknyeon.

"I thought Hyunjae told you guys to stay in." Hwall said. 

Hyungseo and Haknyeon nodded sheepishly. 

"We heard some noises." Haknyeon began.

"And we got curious." Hyungseo finished.

Sunwoo gave a knock on the two's heads and tsked. Hwall just looked at them, quite entertained. 

"Some day, that curiosity of yours will get you killed." Hwall said. 

Hyungsoe and Haknyeon looked at him bewildered.

"What a horrible thing to say!" Haknyeon screeched and took away the remaining rice cake and stuffed it in his mouth. He glared at Hwall as he left.

"Yes, but I agree." Hyungseo shrugged and followed Haknyeon back to their room.

Hwall giggled at the two, then looked back at the scene at the main gate. He tilted his head. He felt some kind of energy swirling in his abdomen. He felt tinkles travelling up and down his veins. Was there something he had been missing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 539 80
Choi Soobin, a nine-tailed fox surviving in modern-day Seoul by eating the souls of evil men, kills a murderous goblin to save Yeonjun, he is forced...
4.1K 134 14
We all know that Gumiho is considered bad by nature as a celestial fox spirit creature that appears in the tales and legends of Korea and originally...
46.5K 3.6K 27
❝ stop sending me death threats you rat. ❞ +social media au ─completed: oct. 26, 2020
55.9K 1.8K 32
"I apologize for my way of take an appointment with your majesty.... as I said I'm the only remain nine tailed fox. My spirit is created as the guard...