Lunar Dream (Sunnew)

By kyeoulpin

"Please, don't eat me! I have a weak heart, you won't like it!" "Ew! No! I'm not gonna eat a random person's... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two (End)
Epilogue
I Guess (One Shot)
Still Memories
Still Memories (Part-2)
Because It's You (Sangcob)

Eleven

596 49 20
By kyeoulpin

"Is this how you decide to repay your own Father?" 

"This is how I decide on my own path." Sangyeon stood a few steps behind his Father's back. He kept his eyes on the floor even when the old man turned around. 

"That is a disappointment. All these years of academy training spent on you, wasted for nothing. I thought you would honor the family, my son."

"A family made up of power, lies, and greed... is one I wish to not be a part of. I may be a disappointment for you but you don't seem to realize this, Lee ByungHyun, " Sangyeon looked up with determined eyes, "I don't live for you. I live for myself, as do Hyunjae and Juyeon."

His Father stayed calm but his trembling hands said other wise. Sangyeon managed not to flinch when the man started to cackle out loudly. 

"His Majesty is still young. He is foolish. You are even more foolish, believing in that madness of an emperor. Mark my words, you will be coming back, groveling under my feet." He gave a hard stare. 

Sangyeon only bowed his head and left the room. Once he was out in the yard, he let out a breath of relief. He could feel his Father's hard glare piercing through his back as he left. 

Sangyeon did think a lot before dragging his brothers into this... mess. He even rethought his decision on making his brothers join the team. Sangyeon wasn't the most affectionate with his brothers but he believed they all had the same view on the family. They hated it. 

"I'm already hating this." Hyunjae groaned out, rubbing his eyes. It was early morning when they had started to prepare to leave. The sun wasn't even out yet, the sky colored a pale blue. 

"Do you want me to go get the bucket?" Hwall chimed cheerfully from beside him and giggled when Hyunjae shook his head furiously. 

"Are you ready, hyung? Hwall?" Juyeon said, carrying his bag over his shoulders. Hwall nodded and Hyunjae had already closed his eyes as he leaned onto his horse. Juyeon pressed his lips into a thin line and shook Hyunjae awake. No use. 

"Let's go." Sangyeon came and checked each of them, frowning when spotting Hyunjae still asleep. 

"Hyunjae. Lee Hyunjae. Wake up right now." Sangyeon said in a stern voice. Hyunjae just murmured something and with eyes still closed, mounted his horse. 

The three looked at him in fascination as he managed to somehow buckle himself in properly,... with his eyes closed. 

"He's not gonna crash into anything, if that's what you are worrying about." Juyeon said to Sangyeon who was still staring at Hyunjae's sleepy figure slumped on his horse.

"Right, but Hwall, keep an eye on him in case the road gets bumpy. Let's depart now, then." 

"Shush!"

"Why you shushing me! I'll whack you with my notebook!" Hyungseo pushed Haknyeon's shoulders as they peeked at the four men riding out their horses. 

"Maybe if your stuff didn't make that much of noise, I wouldn't need to shush you." Haknyeon whisper shouted back. Hyungseo was about to hiss back when a voice made them freeze.

"What are you two doing here?" 

Hyungseo stumbled back on poor Haknyeon who got squished on the ground. Both of them immediately covered each others mouth to prevent any noise coming out. Then, they glared at the newcomer. 

Sunwoo grinned sheepishly as he lend out both hands to help them up. 

"Why are you here?" Haknyeon asked, dusting Hyungseo's butt as Hyungseo did the same for him. Sunwoo fiddled with his fingers.

"I expect you are here for Hyunjae hyung and Hwall as well?" Sunwoo nodded at Hyungseo. 

The three of them looked at each other. 

"Well, then what are we waiting for? We might lose them if we waste more time here. Let's go." Haknyeon said. The other two nodded.

Sunwoo got on his horse and Haknyeon got on his. Hyungseo hesitated as he climbed up behind Haknyeon awkwardly. 

"You seriously only know how to paint." Sunwoo snickered. 

Hyungseo couldn't really retort back since he was facing the horse's rear when he sat up straight. He grumbled and turned around, fumbling here and there. He stuck out his tongue at Sunwoo's amused expression. 

"I think they are leaving." Haknyeon said, looking at the gate of the Lee residence. Sunwoo nodded. After a while, they also followed them, keeping a safe distance. 

"You're improving, Chanhee." Changmin grinned at his frustrated friend as another deer ran away from their sight. 

"I'm finding another one." He huffed and walked away. Changmin laughed at his friend's childish behavior. He turned his head around, trying to find Younghoon. 

"Hey, Chanhee, where's Youngh- Chanhee?" Changmin looked around, confused. He walked around the forest a bit, bending down and jumping up to find his friends.

"Chanhee? Younghoon? Where are you- Arghhhhhh!!!" Changmin let out a scream as Younghoon popped out from behind a tree. Changmin glared at Younghoon as he laughed hard, clutching his stomach.

"Oh my gosh, your scream is always phenomenal! Ha ha!" Younghoon said, wiping away non-existent tears.

"Very funny, now where's Chanhee hiding?" Changmin said, clearly not amused.

"Chanhee? How would I know? I thought you were with him."

"Don't bother lying now. You and Chanhee both need to stop playing around while hunting! That's why your skills never improve." 

"But...I haven't seen him. Honestly!" 

Changmin narrowed his eyes at Younghoon who furiously widened his eyes to prove his innocence. 

"Then where the hell is he?" Changmin complained. Younghoon shrugged.

At that moment, they felt a tingle in their fingertips. Changmin and Younghoon looked at each other in alert.

"He's in danger." they both voiced out.

"Waiting for rising sun~~~~~~~~" 

"Will you shut up for a second!" Sangyeon shouted from the front. Hyunaje shrugged. 

"It keeps me awake." He said, leaning against his horse's neck. Sangyeon gave him a look of disapproval. 

Hwall and Juyeon wanted to laugh but daren't when Sangyeon shot them a look. 

Hyunjae rode along leisurely, relaxing himself as he chewed on a rice cake. As he passed by the mountain road, he thought of the day he met Chanhee again. He had wanted to meet up again, have a conversation, make friends with him. Who knows? Maybe he'll be his newfound best friend!......or soulmate, Hyunjae chuckled to himself at the thought. 

"Halt!" Sangyeon's  voice brought him back. He peered from behind Sangyeon to look at what happened. 

In the middle of the road was a person dressed in all black. Sangyeon and Hyunjae became alert as they watched the man slowly get into fighting position. Hyunjae rode his horse up front beside Sangyeon, covering Juyeon and Hwall behind them. 

"Who are you?" Sangyeon asked calmly. The man didn't give any response. An eerie silence followed as the man stared Sangyeon down.

"Hyungnim," Hyunjae spoke to Sangyeon, "I think this might be our first fight together." 

Sangyeon didn't reply and put his hand on his sword hilt. Juyeon and Hwall also got themselves ready. But something was suspicious.

There were four of them, yet there was only one man standing in front of him. Hwall noticed that and leaned in to whisper his suspicions to Juyeon. Juyeon nodded. He was on the look out for ambush as well.

Suddenly, the man whistled out a tune. More men dressed in all black appeared from all around them. There were men in black behind the trees, bushes and from under the slope besides them. 

"Assassins?" Hyunjae let out confused noises at the unexpected crowd. 

A chaotic fight ensured. Swords slashing around and horses neighing. Juyeon used his horse riding skills to the best by running down the assassins and also wielding his sword. Hwall tried his best to fight off using his dagger whilst skillfully dodging every sword and fists. 

Sangyeon utilized his sword skills as he fended off every oncoming assassin. Hyunjae had easily defeated every assassin coming on to him as he got off his horse and jumped over it again to kick at the other on the side. Different from the rest, Hyunjae had resorted to using only his body to fight, abandoning his sword hung on his horse. 

"Hyung! Behind you!" Hwall called out, alerting Hyunjae. 

Hyunjae turned around as soon as he heard but the assassin was already charging his sword at Hyunjae. Hyunjae managed to dodge the first blow but he stumbled on a rock and fell back.

Before he could get up, the assassin took his chance and ran towards Hyunjae.

"Hyunjae hyung!" Hwall yelled out and tried to assist but got cut off by two men covering his path. He was too occupied with his own enemies. Hyunjae closed his eyes and braced for impact.............but it never came.

When he opened his eyes, his eyes widened at the scene in front of him. 

A person's back was right in front of him. He looked at the assassin dropping down in front of him. Hyunjae looked up at the one who saved him.

"I knew you needed me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 134 14
We all know that Gumiho is considered bad by nature as a celestial fox spirit creature that appears in the tales and legends of Korea and originally...
26.7K 811 55
little do you know??? my heart keep saying it but I won't say it!! NEVER!! "why... there's no way I'm gonna let that happen!!!" Felix is going there...
19K 1K 25
"I don't care about you, not even a little. But if anyone tries to touch you, I'll tear their heart out." ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉ 𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘢...
11K 794 20
Everyone in the world is born with a lock mark and their soulmate has a key mark. But some are born with heart shaped marks. These ones don't have...