Fatal strucK | Raiden x FemRe...

By Finizx

Falling for a mortal is (Y/N)'s first mistake, who knew falling for a God of Thunder is the second one. Livin... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
TB 1
TB 2
TB 3
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
| Visit |
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Error 1
Error 3
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty Two
Thirty three
Thirty Four
Thirty five
Thirty Six
Epilogue..??
Bloopers
Alternate Ending (1)
AE (2)
AE (3)
Revenge
Sacrifice

Error 2

369 14 1
By Finizx

We landed in a solid ground, glancing around to nothingness but grassy area. Raiden and i scanned the area, searching for the appropriate disruption which had called us. My eyes gazed the area only to land on an unconscious figure laying afar ahead. The bridge of my nose was wrinkled as i squint my eyes, trying to grasp a better point of view.

A silhouette piqued our interest the instant we realized. A person, lying unconsciously from a far distance. "There," i pointed out a certain direction to gain Raiden's attention. The two of us quickly jogged our way to them.

I quickly kneeled beside the person, only to sooth my hand on his cold arm. I flinched, "He's so cold..."

The attire which had wrapped his body seemed familiar. It took me back in the days. The mask as well rung a bell inside of my head. A grunt was made, i made a distance between us as i step back. The figure shook their head slowly. The more i scanned my eyes entirely, i gasped in surprise. I recognized those sets of clothing.

"Bi-Han?" i asked. No answer came from his mouth.

The Sub-Zero i always knew back in the day. We were allies and had a good friendship. In a more exaggerating way, him and i were bestfriends since our childhood. We were very close.

After a long moment of nothingness filling the air around us, he lifted his gaze up, "No, i am his brother, Kuai Liang."

I supported him back up, trying to endure the cold he sent to my bare skin. Kuai turned his attention to Raiden, a little shock marked to his face.

"Raiden?"

"Grandmaster Sub-Zero."

"Where are we?" his eyes reverted to his surrounding, and back to me. "It appears we're in a different, universe..??" i hesitantly trying to explain our situation.

"(Y/N) and i arrived here moments ago, by a strange beam of light erupted from the copy of Shinnok's Amulet," Raiden explained.

Looking at his current condition, i could vaguely tell he didn't have a safe landing. Without a warning, i let my magic healed his pain. Kuai spun his head, nodding in a sign of gratitude. "How did you arrive here, Grandmaster?" i asked.

"A portal. Summoned by an unknown cause inside the Lin Kuei temple. It pulled my body by force. Transporting me here."

"A portal? Summoned by who?"

"No one. With sudden it appeared."

I stood silent, trying to calculate his explanations. Though my mind had recovered no evidence nor lead. Raiden crossed his arms, "Our best option is to search for the amulet."

"It came along with you when you arrived?"

I was responded by a simple nod, "Then we better investigate the spot where you landed," i added.

*****

I sighed in exhaustion. The rest of the afternoon was not well spent. We went solo on each point, we even had the helps from our recent company. I crossed my arms as i lean my back on the dull wall. I rested my head back, gazing to the crowded yet silent pedestrian from the view of the wide alley. 

The smell of an unfamiliar scent sent by the winds stroke my nostrils, carrying the unrecognized aroma from the city. Defeating the eccentric smell from the coffee in my held. The sun was almost setting, signing for us to rendezvous at our designated spot.

I straightened my pose as i walk off to the back alley, sipping the warm liquid through my throat as i waited for the Thunder God's arrival to come and get me. It took a moment before a struck of lightning hit the ground in front of me.

"I got nothing," i said.

Raiden turned to me as soon as i speak, he noticed my empty stare towards the wall. He stepped into the light, "Sub-Zero and i also."

I sighed, sipping the last drop of my coffee. Then tossed them away in a near bin. I glanced to him, "Are we going to be stuck here? Like, forever? I mean the coffee's good but, the place's vibe? Not so much."

"Do not lose hope, (Y/N)."

I blankly stared at him before i spun my head away. Crossing my arms as i lean back to the wall behind me, "Kano sure is one helluva bitch for fabricating Shinnok's Amulet. His trick got us stuck here."

"This tragedy is my fault. Knowing it was a copy should have led to my awareness," Raiden remarked.

I twitched my brows, feeling a little guilty for bringing the sensitive topic. "It wasn't your fault, Raiden. None of our."

I approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder, lifting my head up to the tall figure. I smiled with a mock of smile, "Though, still feeling bad about you getting poisoned back then," a soft chuckle came from my mouth.

"I am beholden of your hospitality, (Y/N)."

I rolled my eyes as i put off my hand, "You'd still be alive even without the help of my magic, Lord Raiden."

A vague smile was painted on his lips. Raiden lifted my head up by reaching my chin, "It is unwise to ignore one's virtue."

"Gratitude is unnecessary," i deepened my tone to represent his, remembering his words back then. Mockingly popped out a slight view of my tongue. He shook his head slowly as a sign of defeat. "Recollecting our past interaction, (Y/N)? Have you wish for the same reprisal?" he asked.

My body froze as i stare blankly towards him, his eyes has never failed to send chills running down my spine. It took a moment to process what he phrased. As soon as i absorbed his words, my heart skipped a beat. He reminded ourselves the moment where i cunningly land him a kiss on the cheek. A slender yet tender stare peeked its glory from his pupils.

The blood inside my cheeks rushed as i tense myself on the spot. I could tell my pupils shrunk abruptly by the undeniable truth. "W-what?! N-no i don't! W-what are you talking about?" i tried to conceal the obvious bashfulness by slapping his hand off from my chin. An unnoticeable smirk twitched on Raiden's lips. The skin covered my face became red, staring sharply towards the God of Thunder.

I crossed my arms and glanced away, cornered my pupils on the edge of my eyes. Avoiding eye contact with face heated up.

"Stop teasing me with no effort of proving any! You don't even--"

I paused on my sentence when he reached for my head. He stepped closer and planted a gentle kiss on the side of my head. My eyes widened instantly. The wind stroke my hair as they wave the strands. Provoking the atmosphere intensely.

Raiden pulled back carefully. I spun my head slowly, lifted my gaze up to the figure. His hand reached for my head, with sight filled with no sin. I pressed my lips, hard. With my trembling hands, i landed some soft punches on his chest.

"That's. Not. Fair. At. All."

A tenuous smirk twitched on his lips, he purposely let me hit him. I forced myself to let my sight revealed itself from the shade of my hair, glared my seaweed eyes towards him. "Huh, you think you're real bold."

I faced my back against him, i chuckled mockingly with a devilish tone. "Pity not bold enough to be on the lips." I laughed in a low tone before walking off. I raised my hand to activate a device Batman gave me. A communicator for us.

I reached for the button resides on top, "Batman, what's--"

Without a warning, a hand reached my shoulder. The hand spun my body around, making my eyes reverted to the figure who did. His other hand reached for my head. Locking my body on his grasp.

"Come in, (Y/N)." Batman's voice appeared merging out from the device. My eyes flickered at Raiden's stare. It has softened impressively. Remarkably, unlike the others he had.

"(Y/N)?"

He wrapped his hand around my waist, pulling me close. Inches away from his face. Both my hands placed on his chest. I bit my lower lip, hoping he wouldn't be furious at my comment.

"I-i'm sorry i didn't mean--"

Raiden leaned on as he pulls my head closer, gazing his eyes to mine. The odd feeling inside my stomach returned. Stirring the strange sensation on my upper stomach. The heat on my face increased when there was only left inches between our faces. My hand reached for his face, preparing for whatever comes.

Unexpectedly, a sharp sting appeared inside of my head. The pain spread abruptly. I grunted in pain, squeezing my head with both hands. Raiden jolted in shock, he pulled my face to land on his shoulder.

"(Y/N)--"

I gasped at the first second of intrusion, glad my breathing phase did not change. I shook my head slowly, calming the rapid beating my heart pulled off. I stayed silent. My thoughts wondered on the moment. Twice. Twice of them were interrupted.

Although the first one i could not understand its meaning, the second one was definitely voluntary. I furrowed my brows, tighten my grip on Raiden's clothes. After a long pause, i declared, "Another vision, sorry about that."

I broke away from his arms, "Let us meet at the rendezvous with Sub-Zero."

*****

I let the others conserve the situation. Leaning on the wall further away, i played with my dagger. Flicking them around as my eyes locked to the ground. Having thoughts no other than my recent res. I was unable to grasp the meaning of the first encounter. But the same cannot be said on the second one.

The voices in the background distorted, faded through my sense of hearing. Craving for an appropriate elucidation. Raiden once told me about his duty. Having sentiment will only impede the execution of his vocation. I, as well, once read in one of his books. Demi-gods or gods, emotions aren't vital. Making them appear from the dark will only cause consequences to fill.

I paused the movement of my dagger, tighten the grip on the handle more. I furrowed my brows. His objective was consequential. However, he must've realized that by the second time. If my vision had not come earlier, i knew whatever was we were doing would be completed. That leaves even more question to pop up my tank.

I sighed and put off my dagger. Glancing at the figures. Fewer people made the atmosphere seemed motionless. Superman and Wonder Woman were absence, leaving only Batman left accompanied by the us. I noticed Raiden's pair of eyes landed on me, i turned to his direction without making any necessary expression.

"I'll leave you for the moment," i straightened my pose and headed straight for the elevator. The ding sound was made as the doors open. I stepped out, resting both hands on the cold aluminum railings. Glancing my eyes up and down to the staircases surrounding the building. Suddenly, another sound came from the elevator. A figure approached me and stood beside me. The silhouette was recognized by my eyes from the corner.

"You know my brother," the deep scratchy voice entered my ears, i turned to him, "He's an old friend. How is he, Kuai Liang?"

Sub-Zero crossed his arms, a hot breath released from his mouth under the mask. I lifted a brow in confusion.

"He is gone, (Y/N)." 

Silence filled the room, my eyes widened in shock. I placed a hand on my opened mouth, "What..??"

"Scorpion killed him in the last Mortal Kombat tournament. Thinking he was the one massacred the Shirai Ryu."

I glanced away, unable to process the words from his mouth. "He was a good friend. A great Grandmaster..." i murmured.

"He was."

I sighed lightly and turned to him, my hand landed on his shoulder, "You'll make an even greater Grandmaster following his footsteps," i painted a warm smile on my lips. The figure nodded in response. There goes my old friend, lost in the thoughts. Our friendship may forever last in our hearts. Even in death.

To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 299 32
Sequel to Mortal Kombat 9: Ember Edition 25 years after the events of the Mortal Kombat tournament, a new threat arises. The fallen Elder god, Shinn...
9.3K 323 16
« He must win » Those are the last words that Raiden, the Thunder God, sends to himself, the Raiden from the past, before he gets killed by Shao Kahn...
4.4K 105 29
"You wouldn't think about shooting a saloon girl like me, would you?" "But it'd feel so right." Thalia Rosethorn was born to an Edenian prince and an...
33.9K 1.1K 46
"What a naive move from you, Fujin. Commit a relationship with a mortal you are beyond forbidden to." || After...