That Time I Got Reincarnated...

By StaciaPLE

Rimuru had been called to attend Walpurgis, by non-other than Guy himself. Realizing the dire situation, Rimu... More

Reset
Reset pt 2
The start of a new "journey"?
Establishing the Village
Dwargon
Change
Life or Death
Disturbance
Unexpected Threat
Panic
Daemon
Landmine
Stress
Fear
Daemon Recruitment I
Daemon Recruitment II
Preparations
Blumund
Ingrassia
Reunion
Fairy Queen.
Fairy Queen part 2
Beginning
Intermission
Humans vs Monsters I
Humans vs Monsters II
Humans vs Monsters III
Prisoner of War
Post-war Celebrations
Demon Lord's Debut I
Demon Lord's Debut II
Demon Lord's Debut III
Demon Lord's Debut IV
Demon Army.
Kidnapped
Wrath
Wrath II
You're In The Way
Offer
Regret
Master of Demons I
Master of Demons II
Master of Demons III
Master of Demons IV
Note.
Master of Demons V
An 'Old' Memory
A Moment of Peace.
A Paladin's Decision.
Clash I
Clash II
Clash III
Clash IV
Special Chapter I
Special Chapter II
Demise
Demise II
A Broken Hero
Conclusion
Tempest's Intro
Announcement for the Rewrite

Gathering

10.6K 277 47
By StaciaPLE

"So? What are you doing here, again?"

"Just stopped by for a visit."

"And?"

"Velzard wanted to meet Veldora so I thought I'd tag along."

"Oh so that's why he had a look of despair when I saw him just now. So just that? If it's done you can go home now."

"Silly, now that I'm here let's talk of course."

"Oh ho~, you have quite the scheme you have there, so unlike my way of taking care of them. You're gonna directly get involved and take control from the inside right?"

"Ha ha, I'll need you to scare them for a bit though."

"You mean those little pranks I pull from time to time?"

"About what?"

"Them."He points to the girls behind me, Testarossa, Ultima and Carrera.

Speaking off them, they did follow me even though I told them not to. And Diablo here wanted to stick close to me since they were also doing so.

There's also Mizari and Rain. They've been quiet this whole time while glancing at the people behind me.

"Ah, it is as you see, I've hired them to work under me." I say bluntly as he had quite the reaction."....WHAT! You can't do that! It would destroy the precious balance I made!"

"Didn't that collapse not too long ago?"

"......That's not the point, you're abnormal! I meant for them! They have quite a reputation here you know!"

You're one to talk. Oops, I almost said that unconsciously.

"Too late now, I've already named them."

Guy looks like his brain malfunctioned for a second as he had a blank expression.

Diablo seeing this, made it worse. Seriously this guy has his way of words.

"Guy, don't be like that, Lord Rimuru already sees the outcome of this and has made
preparations to alter it. If you're worried about the world collapsing because of this trivial thing you're gonna need to look at the bigger picture again."

"You little.... then Rimuru, explain what do you intend to do with this!"

Wait don't drag me into this, well... I could use what Diablo said as a pretext and mash it up with my ideals.

"Relax, I won't allow the humans to be in disorder by announcing this so randomly."

"What?"

"I'm saying that I'll take care of the humans instead, I did this and you want me to take
responsibility right? I'll join the western countries and negotiate peace with the humans in my own way."

"Those humans are all fools, do you expect that it'll go that smoothly?"

"No, I'm not as naive as to think it will, there is already a kingdom that's planning on invading my country as we speak."

"Then?"

"I'll fabricate some stories here and there that's it. I trust you get what I'm saying."

"Oh ho, so you plan on dominating the humans directly? That's the opposite of what I usually do."

"Exactly, the fear you use against them won't last that long, but if I get a permanent position I could lead them so that they won't destroy themselves. Besides, I've taken quite a liking to humans."

"Is that so? For that matter, you are a monster aren't you? That explains why you like the human form so much."

"I used to be one after all."

"What? You used to be a human?"

"Yes, did I not tell you that before?"

"No, but that surprises me. So you're reincarnated, guess that explains why you're so abnormal."

"Yes but I'm also an otherworlder."

"Haha, interesting indeed."

"Oh, and in order to fully gain the humans trust I need you to do one last thing."

"And what's that?"

"I have already investigated the inner workings of the western nations and there are people that are corrupting the society. Those people are who I want dead."

"So you want me to play a prank one last time?"

"Exactly, just do it the way you did it in the past. I will tell you when the time comes."

"Alright, and can you leave us all alone? It's rare for all of us primodials to gather in one place so could you?"

"Sure, I can do that, just don't destroy the room please."

I went to Veldora using space transfer, it looks like he's still getting beaten up but he is resisting. 

I think I might need some popcorn for this, not that there were any currently. Well I turn to my slime form and just watch the show.

.........

Deep tension was piling up in the room after Rimuru had left. Guy stared menacingly at the demon trio, the Trio didn't flinch in fear, instead they stared their own glares.

Low ranking adventurers or monsters would die from the aura they emitted just by making eye contact with one another.

Then, Guy stood up and went closer to Diablo and the trio. As soon as he stopped he raised his hand and immediately swung it down only to be parried and countered soon after.

His eyes looked like he was gonna kill somebody. Then "Hey-"

"-It's been a while! Glad to see the 3 of you still intact."

"Rude."

"Hmph! As if I'd loose against you guys."

"What did you say?!"

"Sigh* calm down you three, this is just Guy's way of treating an old acquaintance."

"Exactly, but aren't we friends Diablo?"

"....Whatever could you mean?"

"Don't play dumb on me you bastard."

"Tch, while it is true, you only consider me as a 'friend' because I tied with you back then. Now, I'm not as good as-"

"If you had done the same as me you would have become just the same, besides, in terms of skill we are pretty even. It's only raw power that differentiates me and you."

"Speaking off, did you name those two Guy?"

"Oh you mean those two? I did yeah, Mizari and Rain."

"Then we all have names now, perfect indeed."

"Oh right, he did name all four of you."

"Kukukuk, Lord Rimuru is at least as great as that for your information!"

"Oh, and there he goes again."

"What did Lord Rimuru say earlier Diablo?"

"Ehem, thank you for reminding me Testarossa, anyways, what's your deal Guy? I've got urgent business to attend to you know."

"Since you are all here, I would like to know the reason why."

"Why what?"

"Why you decided to serve him of course. I get that the Diablo is, but I certainly don't get why you guys would. Especially you Testarossa was it? Your pride is almost the same as mine."

"I have no reason nor obligation to tell you that."

"Is that a threat?"

"What if it is?"

"...Fine, don't mention it, I can already tell some of your reasons anyway."

"Backing out? That's rare... is it because of My Lord?"

"Hoho Guy are you afraid of Lord Rimuru?"

"More like I'm anxious around that guy, I can't read a damn thing about him, plus he's strong enough to drive me into a corner."

"....This is rare for you to admit your defeats? Is there anything in particular that reasons to this?"

"You know damn well why Diablo, Veldanava told me once about an ability called Turn Null. But I've never actually seen it since he didn't have it on him. I recognized an unknown powerful type of energy within him. Similar to what Milim had."

"Ah right, speaking of Lady Milim, she's here in Tempest."

"I know, she even came to greet me."

"But know this Guy, whoever Lord Rimuru may be, I will always be his loyal and faithful servant no matter what he becomes."

"....Sure, I'm gonna take my leave now, tell Rimuru that snack was delicious."

"Well we must go now Carrera."

"Right see ya."

"Farewell as well Ultima."

"Goodbye~ Rain."

"Seems like you two talked to them."

"Well yeah, since we got these wonderful names, it would be a waste to not be bragging about them."

"Let's leave it at that, Lord Rimuru is calling for us, let's go."

"""Right!""" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 288 11
[255 for Demons!] This is the usual Tensura world except for one thing, a certain demon lord has an unknown sibling equaling to a demon lord seed's p...
53.1K 1.7K 21
it going to be a "that time i got reincarnated as slime X eminance in the shadow" . Basicly Rimuru will get bored and will reincarnate in new world...
120K 3.1K 27
This story depicts an alternate timeline wherein Velzard attends Walpurgis after sensing Veldora's presence. She subsequently meets our protagonist a...
42.8K 1.2K 74
In a new fantasy world, Rimuru Tempest, after reincarnation, finds an unexpected companion in the form of a cute, slime like himself. Together...