Fortuity (Nalu)

By Freshdaisy005

Lucy is a 23 year old girl who lives with the Lobster family. After a series of horrific and unfortunate even... More

-Prologue-
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-

-Chapter 16-

189 12 3
By Freshdaisy005

I've been twitching with the feeling to say some lame ass knock knock jokes to random people. Also, I was finally able to draw some nalu and I'm just so happy I was finally able to not fuck it up, I was crying for like hours. It was hilarious because my nose legit started bleeding afterwards, but only because the weather was hot af
ALSO ImNotHereOkUwU did a vote spam!!! Thank you so much!! I'm getting pumped already! (Sorry I'm late but wanted to say it anyway)
Anyways! onto the shit!
————————————————————————

-WARNING OF TRIGGER AND VIOLENCE-

 The shattering sound of glass could be heard echoing through the room. 

"Lucy, again and again you disappoint me, you useless piece of trash! Leave, now! Don't make me repeat myself or I'll-" The man held up his fist to the young girl on the floor, who was shivering in fear, both hands clutching at the sides of her head. Tears were prickling from her eyes which were closed shut. 

Her cheek, as well as different spots on her arm, were tainted purple from the painful bruises. Her having them in the first place because she spilled her drink in front of all of the fancy people in the party earlier that day, which, in turn, embarrassed her father, causing him to lash out afterwards.

Sighing, he dropped his hand, signaling the woman standing next to the door with a nod of his head. "Take this filth away from my field of vision or I might strangle her. And you. Be grateful you were born with your mother's face, or I wouldn't have had to hold myself back." The man turned his back to the little girl on the floor as the woman walked to her, lifting the poor 8 year old in her arms.

As the woman exited the room and continued to walk, the woman started to hiccup. The girl had her eyes shut tightly, hands still placed tightly to the sides of her head.

Drops of water dropped on the little girl's shoulder and the girl flinched, slowly but hesitantly she opened her eyes, looking up at the woman who had tears pooling from her eyes like streams, her lips quivering.

Using her free hand, the woman signed, *I'm... I'm sorry...* The little girl's eyes widened as the woman stopped in her tracks in the middle of the enormous hall, a far distance from the room they had just exited. The girl didn't say anything, just stared at the woman who continued her frantic hand gestures.

*I wanted to stop him, to do something. But I was frozen, I didn't know what to do, and he hurt you. I- I- didn't know what to do... I'm sorry...* The woman hiccupped, hugging the little girl in her arms tightly. 

After a few more baffled seconds, Lucy's eye's softened. Bringing her hand up slowly, she patted the back of the woman's head as she continued to hug her. You would think someone would try to comfort you after you get beaten half to death by your god-forsaken father, instead...

"There there. It's okay. It's alright." Was all the little girl said, refusing to shed another tear from her eyes, at least, not in front of her, or anyone.

After a moment went by, many foot steps echoed through the halls, viewing many people in servant uniforms, who had tears running down their eyes in worry as well.

"Lady Lucy!!" They all said in unison, crashing them into a hug. They explained how worried they were, and asked if she was doing okay.

"It's okay, It's alright." Lucy said once again, smiling at them as if the terrible bruise on her cheek was nothing. She was definitely not going to shed another tear, not in front of any of them, not to anyone. That. That was a promise.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy fluttered her eyes open, blinking a few times as her blurry vision began to become clearer to where exactly she was. Noticing shelves with folders, she lifted her head up slowly with a grunt. Her eyes widened, remembering she was at work and had fallen asleep, head upon her kiddie desk. No wonder her back and neck were killing her.

"Finally up, sleeping beauty?" She heard a voice ask, his voice echoing indicating he was far away from her. She flipped her head to the direction where the voice came from, seeing the pink haired man sitting at his desk, his stupid smirk plastered on his face.

"How... How long did I.." Lucy started, but gasped, sitting up straight. "Oh no! How long was I out!? Just how much work has piled up??" Lucy said in panic, but paused to look up at Natsu once he started to chuckle, getting up from his seat.

"Don't worry, I took care of it. That's what happens when you don't get enough sleep. Anyways, hurry up. I'm taking you home." Natsu stretched as Lucy stared at him, taken aback.

"What... You took care of the work??? Natsu, I have this job for a reason, why didn't you wake me up?? And take me home?? What time is it??" Natsu shook his head, smiling.

"Its time to leave, there's gonna be one hell of a storm, also yep. I can take care of the work by myself, you're just making it easier for me. Besides..." Natsu started, turning his head to face Lucy as he slipped on his coat. 

"You looked like you were having a crazy dream." He finished, adjusting his coat and turned to walk to his desk, grabbing his bag.

"Wh-" Lucy paused, eyes widened as she recalled bits and pieces of the dream she had, though, she knew it wasn't a dream, but a distant past.

Not saying anything afterwards, Lucy turned to pack her things to get ready to leave, Natsu staring at her in confusion at her silence.

After that night when Natsu first dropped Lucy off at her apartment, it had been a few days and Lucy and Natsu started staying in late to work extra, well, it was more of a Natsu-only thing, but soon Lucy joined as well, always having an excuse to stay behind and help him. Afterwards, they  would walk home together, him dropping her off. 

"Hey, why don't I walk you home this time. You're always dropping me off." Lucy asked as they left the building so late at night, their breath visible. "Nah, you're a girl and I'd feel bad leaving you by your self." Natsu replied, bringing his elbows up as he held the back of his neck. 

Lucy pouted. "Natsu, I appreciate your concern, but I can take good care of myself thank you very much." Lucy huffed. "Yeah yeah, whatever you say." Natsu cackled at Lucy's annoyed expression. 

"I'm being serious!!" Lucy exclaimed, punching him playfully. "Yeah, so if we fought here and now, you could beat me?" Natsu asked, his mouth curled up in a mischievous grin.

Lucy rolled her eyes, huffing. "Maybe, depends on how good you are. You're probably a twig to be honest, given your so rich and spoiled." Lucy said jokingly, laughing, but flinched at thunder.

"The weather forecast didn't say it was going to rain..." Lucy muttered questionably. 

"That's why you never trust the weather forecast, because it didn't say anything about rain on my end either, but the smell of the air is obvious that it's gonna rain," Natsu stated, causing Lucy to look up at him, tilting her head to the side. "Smell? What do you mean?" She asked.

Natsu tapped on the tip of his nose, smiling at the girl beside him. "My nose, it's sense of smell is strong." He stated simply. Lucy's eyes widened, gasping.

"Really? That's crazy! So not only do you have motion sickness, you have a great sense of smell? You're really weird!" Lucy laughed childishly. "You ain't any weirder!" Natsu defended, laughing along with her, ignoring the continuous thunder rumbles in the sky. It was until they felt a few raindrops land on them, they looked at one another. "It's raining." "Yeah thanks genius, I didn't know that."

Not even a second past by, and the two were running through the streets in the pouring showers of the thunderstorm, turning with each end of the street until they finally reached Lucy's apartment, running to the stairs that led to the floor in which Lucy's apartment was in, they gasped for air as they reached the floor, the tent up shielding the two from the rain.

Drops of water splattered to the ground from where they stood, clothes drenched, as they continuing to catch their breath. 

Finally, Lucy stood up, sighing. "Well... What do we do now??" Lucy asked while Natsu mimicked her actions of standing straight. "What do you mean?" Natsu asked, wiping the cold water from his forehead and frizzling his hair. 

"I can go home, but you can't go out there in the rain. You said you had a strong sense of smell, that means your nose is sensitive too, which means you could catch a cold." Lucy stated, her eyes full of worry.

Natsu rubbed the back of his neck, knowing she was right. "Thanks for your concern but I'll be fine. I'll just run and-" "I can't let you do that." Lucy stared into Natsu's eyes with determination in her eyes. Natsu sighed. "So what exactly should we do? If you're suggesting me stay at your place, there's like, a billion things wrong with that." 

Lucy sighed in frustration. "I know, but what else do we do besides that? I can't let you go..." Lucy muttered. "Why not?" Natsu bluntly asked. Lucy blinked a few time, and sighed once more, turning around to her door.

"If you catch a cold, I'll be the one to deal with all of your work, and you know I can't manage that by myself." Lucy said, taking out her key from her drenched coat to place it in, twisting it and opening the door, turning her head to look at Natsu as he stared at her. "Come on." She smiled, walking inside, the door open wide for Natsu to walk in.

Smiling, he walked to the door, noticing a blue cat sitting at the edge of the fence, staring at him. "Sorry bud, go spend the night with Carla or Lily." He grinned, turning around, entering the door.

------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 16 END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 75 13
Lucy Heartfilia lives in modern day Fiore, but not all people are equal. She is a celestial mage and can't tell anyone about it but other wizards. Wi...
91.9K 3.7K 93
Lucy Heartfilia is a novice writer for Sorcerer Weekly magazine. She writes small stories for the magazine but she has been begging her supervisor Ja...
6.2K 130 13
When Natsu and Lucy decide to go on a job together, a few things end up being a bit trickier than they anticipated. How will everything turn out? Ho...
5.7K 221 8
《 COMPLETED: Under Revision 》 Started: August 6, 2020 Finished: October 4, 2020