The Stories of an Immortal

Oleh AimeeRoseC

Random short stories about different adventures in a variety of places, times and situations, from the perspe... Lebih Banyak

The Sea Monster
The Baby for Sale
The Victorian Séance
Victoria's Ball
The Lost Tresure
Ella
Katherine Howard
The Bear Cub
My Violin
Snow White
The Boy Who Lived in the Trees
The Ghost
The Lonely Tree
Prey
Armour
Beautiful Humans
The Merix-Fairy
Vow of Protection
Daydreaming
The Light
Lurking
My Lonely Shipwreck
The Impossible Mermaid
Held Captive
My Werewolf Friend
People
Turtles
Flying Free (Story)
Flying Free (Poem)
A Tower
Goodbye
Time
Painting the Flowers
Scars
Not Human
Flying
My Castle
If I Was a Child
The Door
Darkness
Gone Wrong
A Dark Night
Children
Snow
The Circus
A Murder - Part 1
A Murder - Part 2
Life
Failure
Two of Them
The Education System
Rapunzel and the Window
A Child of Great Evil
A Dark Pit
The End
The Duke of Ferrara
Flora Sandes
Stars of Hope
The Ticking Clock
Love
The Lovers
Anger
Almost Drowning
Crying Wolf
A Day Out
Prison
My City
The Rightful Ruler
The Loss of Everything
Hero or Villain?
Henry Wears What He Wants
The Leaf
The Loveless Hero
A Child's Dream
Perfect
Mondegreen
Colours
The Enchanted Forest

Aged

9 3 0
Oleh AimeeRoseC

Being immortal isn't living forever; it's everyone else dying. Every day ghosts haunt me, surrounding my brain like a thick fog, making it impossible to see straight. At first these ghosts brought me pain and grief, but now I feel nothing.

Someone once said, "Never lose your emotions when making hard decisions. Your emotions are what make your decision right." But now my emotions have been lost in the centuries of living, and the hard decisions still remain.

The faint spirit of feelings nudge my mind when the time comes to make a choice. Yet they're never strong enough for me to be confident in my decision, never strong enough for me to feel regret over the millions who died as a consequence.

"When your emotions stop, you stop," they said. But if I stop, who will carry on? Sure, spending forever at a beach sounds wonderful, but it also isn't fair to those people who I can help, right? Everything ends and everyone dies (apart from me), and crying at their bedside won't do much good, but telling them a story might, right?

If you were at your last moments and someone told you magnificent tales of mermaids and werewolves, vampires and pirates, past balls and future spaceships, wouldn't that help? Even if that someone had caused your death, and your parents and your siblings and your friends?

There's pain in every story, in every decision, in every choice. Whether you choose to tell people about it is up to you. But that doesn't make it go away. That just keeps it hidden.

So, I may be too old to save your life, too old to make the right choices, too old to keep my morals straight. But my stories can hold your hand as you drift away, like a broken bottle on an ocean wave, and they're only there because of my aged decisions.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

12.9K 45 13
NSFW warning - Short 2-3 part stories/concepts, most (if not all) containing mature scenes.
23 0 21
"A Book About Quinn" follows the story of a peculiar protagonist. Quinn, the titular main character, fulfills the role of the Narrator - but this isn...
1.5K 65 34
Random short stories. Has depressing and gory themes. Trigger warning. Death a lot of it.
128K 1.5K 5
A mixture of short stories, some funny, some cute, some sad - all with happy endings!