The Enchanted Forest

Once upon a time there was a beautiful, magical forest, where trees glowed a vibrant purple and the grass shone brightly in the sun. A silky stream stumbled around millions of toadstools while the birds' siren songs entranced their prey. The golden hours of the afternoon seeped into every nook and cranny, and once darkness had immersed the land, silver strands of moonlight glistened on top of lily pads like dew. Everything about the place was enchanting; it seemed to have been ripped straight from the pages of a storybook.

Hidden amongst the vines and bushes were houses, standing proudly, long and tall, that beckoned in their family and threatened mischief to anyone else who called. Some were covered in forget-me-nots, others were engulfed in pansies, but all of them contained a strong and powerful magic designed to protect those who called it home.

Inside, delightful windows distorted the light and projected rainbows across the floor. Translucent surfaces sparkled as glitter glided through the air. A soft dripping noise could be heard from the bathroom, where fresh spring water trickled down the edge of the pristine bathtub. The room was immaculate: no object out of place. The entire area embodied perfection.

But the forget-me-nots hold a poison. And the magic starts to kick in. I can't remember how I got to this world, and I don't remember how to leave.

Part of me wants to stay here, the other just wants to go. My thoughts don't make a difference anymore, as I'm pulled into the depths below.