Daydreaming

I was on my way to an amazing, beautiful and extravagant hotel. Slowly, I glanced down from my aeroplane, and saw a life of luxury. Gleaming white apartments were stacked like pancakes just in front of a bright blue, shimmering lake.

My plane landed gently with a small bump on the runway adjacent to the hotel. Awed, I wandered through the entrance hall with its clear roof, shiny walls and thick fluffy carpets. Through a huge glass door was a lime green lawn, perfectly mowed into straight lines. Beyond that was an enormous field, which was bursting with different plants, birds and insects. Looking up, I saw a sparkling waterfall descending from the very top of the hotel.

To my left, a fancy bar with bright tiles shone in the sunlight and someone familiar was sitting on one of the stools. Curious, I made my way towards them, but before I could ask them who they were, they just vanished! I glanced around the bar for anyone else that might have seen them, before simply shrugging it off.

Just as I was about to head upstairs to my room, a sharp piercing scream drew me out of my daydream. The beautiful hotel dissolved into nothing but a grimy old apartment block with damp, dirty walls and a very creepy basement, where you could occasionally hear echoing cries coming from. Sighing heavily, I picked up my bag and cautiously made my way into the first room on the right.