Henry Wears What He Wants

Henry loved playing. Sometimes he was a superhero, flying over cities and defeating villains. Sometimes he was an adventurer, exploring magical forests and meeting fairies. Sometimes he was a scientist, figuring out the world and discovering new things.

One day, he wanted to be a princess, dancing at a ball and talking to royalty. But there was just one problem... Henry didn't have a princess dress! So, he decided to find one.

Off he went, down the path, until he found Thunderstorm, a superhero! Thunderstorm asked him, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for a princess dress," Henry replied. "Do you have one?"

Thunderstorm shook her head. "I don't have a dress," she said. "But I do have a cape?"

Henry tried on the cape, which was smooth and red, and gave a twirl. "It's brilliant," he said. "But I don't want to wear it at a ball."

So Henry carried on down the pavement, until he found Marcus, an adventurer! Marcus called down from his tree, "Hello! What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for a princess dress," Henry replied. "Do you have one?"

Marcus shook his head. "I don't have a dress," he said. "But I do have a skirt?"

Henry tried on the skirt, which was short and green, and gave a twirl. "It's amazing," he said. "But I don't want to wear it to a ball."

So Henry went further down the road, until he found Cam, a scientist! Cam looked up from their notebook and questioned, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for a princess dress," Henry replied. "Do you have one?"

Cam shook their head. "I don't have a dress," they said. "But I do have a coat?"

Henry tried on the coat, which was long and white, and gave a twirl. "It's great," he said. "But I don't want to wear it to a ball."

So on and on Henry walked, until finally the lane stopped. He looked up. In front of him was a very, very tall tower and in the window was Princess Avery. "Hello!" she yelled.

Henry decided he would climb the tower and see if Avery could lend him a princess dress. So up he climbed until finally he reached the top. "Hello," he said. "Do you have a princess dress I can borrow?"

Princess Avery grinned and said, "Of course!"

Henry tried on the dress, which was pink and sparkly, and gave a twirl. "It's beautiful!" he said. "I want to wear this for the ball!"

Princess Avery smiled, "I'm glad you like it. It's one of my favourites because it has such big pockets! Have fun at the ball!"

Henry climbed down the tower until he reached the bottom, making sure his dress stayed out of his way. He went back along the lane until he found Cam again! "Henry!" Cam shouted. "Can I have some help please?" Cam was doing a science experiment when a huge fountain of liquid burst out of the test tube!

"Of course I can help," Henry said. Thinking quickly, Henry remembered that Avery said this dress has pockets, so he reached inside them and pulled out... hundreds of tissues! Together, he and Cam cleaned up the mess.

"Thank you!" said Cam.

Henry went further back along the road until he found Marcus again! "Hey," Marcus cried. "Please could you give me a hand?" Marcus was trying to reach a magical firefly when he realised he had climbed too high and couldn't get down!

"Of course I'll help," Henry said. He reached inside his pockets again and pulled out... a ladder! Carefully he lent it against the tree and Marcus climbed down.

"Thanks a lot!" said Marcus.

Henry went further back along the pavement until he found Thunderstorm again! "Oi!" Thunderstorm roared. "I need some help please!" Thunderstorm was in the middle of fighting an evil alien!

"I can help!" Henry said. He reached inside his pockets once more and pulled out... a jetpack and some rope? Henry wasn't sure what to do with those... unless... Quickly, Henry put on the jetpack, making sure his dress stayed out of his way. Up, and up, and up he flew!

He passed one end of the rope to Thunderstorm and held onto the other end as he whizzed round and round and round the alien! When the alien tried to attack again, it got stuck, and tumbled to the ground!

"I can take it from here," called Thunderstorm. "Thank you so much for the help!"

So Henry went further back along the path until he finally reached home. He gave one last twirl to check his dress was still beautiful and then skipped along to the ball as Princess Henry!