𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐦 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜...

By Eddy622

(Book Two) "I've been looking for you for two years now. Luckily for me, I saw you at the beach party which... More

°AUTHOR'S NOTE°
Review
°CAST°
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°33°
°34°
°35°
°36°
°37°
°38°
°39°
°40°
°41°
°42°
°43°
°44°
°45°
°46°
°47°
°48°
°49°
°50°
°51°
°52°
°Bonus Chapter°
Author's Note
Books Written By Edidiong

°53°

1.5K 496 141
By Eddy622

This chapter is dedicated to _Leesah_ He/Her words was so sweet.

Enjoy.

                       ~°~°~°~°~

                    °Uyai's POV°

Seating at the back of father's car with T beside me, made me nerve wrecked and filled with so much guilt. Everyone in my current shoes, would've felt the exact same way I was feeling.

I got discharge from the hospital yesterday, but that didn't stop me from going through this decision. I was at the ghetto, currently heading to Judith's home to meet her parents. To be honest, I haven't thought of what to say when I get there.

"Nervous?" T asked all of a sudden, as dad got to the bad road. I nodded.

"I haven't thought of what to say to them," I opened up to T.

"Say what's in your mind, and you'll be just fine." T sighed, staring out the window. "I know it would be hard to take the news of a dead child, but they still have to know the truth."

T was right. Judith's parents had been in the dark for quite sometime now. It was so unfair to them.

After series of directions from me to dad, we arrived at the front of Judith's home. I realized someone was home, even without seeing anyone in sight. At Judith's home, they usually left the outside light on whenever someone is home.

Dad decided we wait inside the car, while he go knock on the door to actually see if someone was home. Mum, T and I, were patient as we watched dad gave a slight knock on the wooden door.

As expected, the main door flew open with Judith's mum making her presence known. Judith's mum blew a gum at dad's face, then kept on chewing like her actions weren't an act of disrespect. I wasn't surprised of her actions. Judith's mum was known has the town's harlot for a reason.

We couldn't listen to dad's words, but dad kept talking to Judith's mum and at the same time, pointed at the car. After few minutes into conversation, dad began to lead Judith's mum towards our car. Dad knocked on the windshield twice, and indicated we should come out.

It was like the guilt in me doubled, as I gulped down the lump in my throat. T wrapped her hands around my fingers and whispered it was all going to be fine. Looking back out the window, I began to doubt T's soothing words. Judith's dad was right beside his wife. I guess he saw it all and decided to come out to check what was going on.

Nonetheless, I couldn't escape reality. So T and I slowly got down from the car, to face Judith's parents.

"Uyai?" Judith's mum asked in bewilderment, both her and her husband, couldn't hide their surprised look. Judith's mum moved her attention to Tatiana. "Uyai?"

Judith's mum was really confused. First, she couldn't tell who's who. Second, she was surprised seeing the dead walking.

"No be she die?" Judith's dad asked, pointing right at T and I.

"Well, we no see her body." Confirmed Judith's mum, before gesturing us to have a seat on the bench. Dad sat with mum, I sat with T, while Judith's parents, sat together.

"Who be Uyai?" Was the first thing Judith's mum asked, once we sat down. I slowly pointed at my jaw, to indicate that I was the one in question. "E-Eh, I for say. This other one fresh pass you."

T laughed, just to ease the tension that was so thick, it could be sliced with a knife. I too wanted to give a fake laugh, but Judith's mum next words, stopped me.

"Your friend Judith no dey around o. She been get scholarship for city." My jaw dropped a bit, reminding me of the cold hard reality.

"Ma'am," I gulped down as I looked at my parents, before facing Judith's. "Um..... How do I say this?" I whispered the last part to myself.

T held my hands in place, and decided to help me out. "I'm a student of Blossom High, same school Judith told you about."

Judith's mum chirped at that information. "That means you've seen her na."

T shook her head sadly. "Didn't get to meet her." As if Judith's mum was sensing something uncomfortable, she began to gaze at us in a confused manner. T decided to speak on, regardless. "Since the founding of Blossom High School, there haven't been a scholarship program. Blossom High, do not give out scholarships."

Judith's dad began to slap his lap all of a sudden. "I knew it! I knew that girl was nothing but a liar. Bikonu, I'll kill that girl with my bare hands whenever I see her."

"Abeg, una know why she go city?" Unlike Judith's dad, the mum was anxious to know about the whereabouts of Judith.

"To help me," With the help of T, I could muster little courage to speak up. "I called her to move over to the city, so she could help me. Judith knew I was alive and so, my biological parents helped with her tuition."

"Why she no come Follow you? Abi she don disown her mama and papa?" Judith's mum asked the question. "And who been tell you say these people na your actual parents?"

I stare down at my fingers, since I couldn't look at Judith's parents in the eye. "Judith..... Judith died saving me."

"Die gini?!" Exclaimed Judith's mum, not really comprehending the fact. "Gini bu__"

"I was getting stalk by someone," I unintentionally, cut Judith's mum short. "During the school dance, I wanted to meet the person stalking me but Judith insisted__" I stopped as I felt the tears rolling down my eyes. "__She insisted to tag along and to make sure I'd be safe. But when the stalker came after me, Judith ran an... And took the bullet."

"My enemies!" Yelled Judith's mum, as she left the bench and sat on the floor. She threw the chewing gum from her mouth and placed her hands on her head. "My enemies has succeeded in killing me. Judith has killed me o! Judith, you be second Jesus? You be Saint?!"

Judith's mum ran over to me and began to hold my clothes. "Where's Judith? Where's your best friend?!"

I lifted my hands, ready to plead with her but she stopped all of a sudden, when she noticed my bandaged wrist.

"W-Watin do you?" Judith's mum asked, referring to my wrist.

I held the tears trying to escape, as I answered. "The s-stalker came after me and tried to kill me too." I pulled up my baggy Jean, so she could have a look at my leg too.

Judith's mum completely let go of me and just sat on the floor. "You suffered too."

"But not as much as Judith," I tried to show that I wasn't happy with the departure of my best friend. "I could've died, if not for Judith intervening."

My dad finally thought it was time to speak up, as he focused on Judith's parents. "Your child is a hero for saving another person's life, using hers. I wish I could bring her back to life but that isn't in my power. May your daughter's soul rest in perfect peace."

Dad stopped to help Judith's mum, as he placed her back on the bench. "I'll be responsible for her burial and anything that needs to be done. Uyai told me about your status, and I'll like to help your husband by giving him a responsible position in my company. I've gotten a three bedroom flat for the both of you in the city, well furnished. I hope you accept this offer."

Judith's mum said nothing, which worried me. "Judith been dey always talk say she go bring fortune come this house," She finally spoke up. "But she been no talk say she go bring am when she die comot from this world." Her last words made her to start sobbing.

"Eh, thank you sir," Judith's dad ignored his crying wife and moved forward to shake my father's hands. "Though my daughter is gone, she still made sure we don't suffer, by meeting the right people. We accept your offer."

I knew Judith's dad cared less about the death of Judith and just needed the money. But it was a good thing Judith's mother honestly loved her child, even though I thought Judith's mum would behave like her husband.

"We should get going now," Dad said, bringing out a bundle of money and giving it to Judith's dad.

I tapped at Tatiana's lap and together with her, we rushed over to Judith's mum and squat down beside her.

"We're your daughters," I said calmly to her. "I've ways had been. And now, you're having two. My sister and I."

"We'd want you to relocate soon," T continued right after I'd stop talking. "So we'd visit you everyday."

"There are a lot of spaces at the mall that needs workers," Mum smiled at Judith's mum. "I could get you a secured space right after you relocate."

"Thank you so much," Judith's mum sniffed and wiped her tears. I knew Judith would be smiling at the Fortune coming to her parents. Our number one aim was 'TO LEAVE THIS GHETTO HELL OF A LIFE'. Though Judith left briefly, her actions had made a new leaf for her parents, making our aim come to pass.

We left after bidding our goodbyes and hoping to return soon. While on the moving car, I realized Jeremiah had texted me.

Jerry :
Did it go well?

- 4 : 38pm

T glanced at my phone, smiled and focused her attention at the scenery going by. "He haven't asked you to date him yet and you guys are already acting like a couple." I punched her slightly on her arm, then focused on replying Jeremiah.

                                   Me :
       Yes, I feel relieved now that it's all over.

                               - 4 : 40pm

Jerry :
Just left a law firm with Dami and his parents. Gabriel's now legally adopted.

- 4 :41pm

"Hey T," I called out. "Dami's family adopted that little boy Jeremiah and Dami uaually talks about these days."

T nodded, though she wasn't that much into the news. "Great for him, at least he knows he is adopted."

I sighed, quickly remembering Mma and Idara. "Dad," I snapped, startling him a bit. "Sorry. Can we please make one last stop?"

"Where to?" Dad asked, while looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"My adoptive parents house." Mum and T glanced at me, same with dad. None knew why I wanted to go there on the first place. But I had my reasons.

"Alright," Dad shrugged, not having much strength to question.

                               Me :
I'm happy for them, Jeremiah. Can't wait to see him.

                             - 4 : 44pm

Jerry :
And I can't wait to see you at school tomorrow.

- 4 : 44pm

We finally arrived at the compound and Idara could be seen, polishing her hand nails. Did I miss them, even a little bit? Not a chance. Was I grateful to them? Though they treated me very poorly, they did put shelter above my head.
Dad stopped the car and we all walked out in sync. Idara lifted her head to check out the visitors and immediately sighted us. Her mouth flew opened when she spotted T and I.

"Mma! Mma o! Ghost! T-Two Uyai." Idara threw her nail polish on the floor and sprinted into the house. I shook my head at that, while T was focused on her phone. She never wanted to be in this house in the first place, so I wouldn't get mad if she doesn't pretend to be interested.

Idara after few seconds inside, slowly walked out with Mma, using Mma as shield to protect her from the ghosts. Mma saw me too and pushed Idara aside, so she could rush back in.

"Mma come out, it's me!" I yelled so they could hear me. Both heads stuck out at the corner of the house. Mma got a handful of sand, before throwing it at T and I. When nothing happened, she began to jump up in joy and ran over to hug a startled T.

"I'm not Uyai," T awkwardly said, then escaped Mma's embrace. "She is."

Mma left T and slowly gaze at me with squinted eyes. I quickly moved aside, when Mma tried to hug me.

"You can stop acting now," I balled my fist in anger. "Judith told me everything."

I knew my adoptive parents cared less about what must have happened to me. Thanks to Judith, she clarified my claims.

"Judith told me about how you went around rebuking me and saying I wasn't even your child. You now go around bearing Mama Idara, instead of what everyone knew you as." Tears welled up in my eyes. As much as I didn't wanted to admit it, Mma and Idara hurt me so much. "Since you hate me this much, why the hell did you adopt me?!"

"Let's have a sea___"

"I came here for answers and not to relax," My voice was cold as Ice, as I looked at Mma in the eye. Her false motherly love just because of the expensive car she was seeing behind us and our expensive outfits and jewelries she was drooling over, won't deceive me.

"We were looking for a child," Mma said in her excuse. "We didn't get you legally. At the river bank, someone my husband and I paid to get an infant for us, finally showed up and gave you to us. We fed, cloth and sent you to school so don't yell at me the way you just did, you ungrateful child."

I opened my mouth a bit as I stared at Mma. I knew mum and dad and even T, were trying to control themselves. "You kidnapped me from my biological parents and you're now calling me an ungrateful child?!"

"Yes you are!" Mma yelled and lifted her hand, ready to smack me on my face. Dad moved forward, his tall and intimidating aura, stopped Mma from doing the unthinkable. "Did you know that I saved you? I saved you, stupid girl! When the man we paid was about handing you to us from his boat to ours, you fell into the river. You could have died cause you were sinking, but my good husband as he is, helped bring you out by swimming into the river and after that, sending you into the local hospital.

So this is where my fear of water started from. This is the reason why I hated the water and never wanted anything associating to swimming.

"Wait," I gave a sad chuckle, then licked my bottom lip. "I should be grateful for almost dying? Both you and dad haven't been fair to me. You've all made my life a living hell at this ghetto. Why didn't you leave me with my parents? With how badly you've treated me, you aren't even feeling remorseful?"

"Sister Uyai," Idara walked towards me and I frowned at her with lifted brows. "You know I cared about you now."

I stepped aside, so she wouldn't touch me. Idara was no different, she knew I was adopted and kept it away from me. She used my adoption status as an advantage to threat me like trash. I was her elder sister, whether adopted or not Idara could have respected me but instead, she added salts to my injuries.

I sucked in a mouth full of air, before turning to my biological family. "Let's go, please."

Mum wrapped herself around me, while dad and T, led the way back to the car. For some reason, I was glad Mma and Idara wasn't a part of my life.

Eddy : The mystery on why Uyai was so scared of the waters have finally been revealed.

Tell me your thoughts on this chapter and your thoughts on the characters in this chapter. Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Till next time,

Much love

Adios,

X
-Eddy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.1K 11.7K 55
"Nevaeh you need to understand that life ain't a bed of roses. It has it's ups and downs but that doesn't mean you should blame God for that! Once in...
12.4K 2.1K 67
"Camilla, please do this for me." She begged. "But I don't even know you." I stared back at the woman who looked exactly like me, only that she wasn...
7.3K 1.3K 45
Judith's life takes a sudden turn during her SS1 days, when her dad died from a ghastly road accident.. which dashes her hope of being a professional...
180K 55.5K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...