Fatal strucK | Raiden x FemRe...

By Finizx

Falling for a mortal is (Y/N)'s first mistake, who knew falling for a God of Thunder is the second one. Livin... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
TB 1
TB 2
TB 3
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
| Visit |
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty
Error 1
Error 2
Error 3
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty Two
Thirty three
Thirty Four
Thirty five
Thirty Six
Epilogue..??
Bloopers
Alternate Ending (1)
AE (2)
AE (3)
Revenge
Sacrifice

Nineteen

435 15 4
By Finizx

General Blade called the team. We then proceeded as instructed. Arriving inside the comm room, there were already Sonya, Raiden and Johnny at the table. I then placed myself near it, allowing myself to land my sight.

"Multiple refugees from Outworld has appeared on this location.." Sonya pointed at the map lies on the table screen, i lifted a brow in remark. Tension filled my lungs unexpectedly.

"What's the cause?" Cassie questioned.

"Not sure...Raiden, i need you to confirm whether it's hostile."

The general gave the instruction, with him already nodded in agreement. Retrieved his steps away from the circle to carry on with her request. But before that, i caught up to him. He turned around after i grabbed his wrist, "Be careful," i said.

"Of that, i will."

The both of us trailed outside, passing the long hallway. My worry was obvious enough to be noticed by the Thunder God, he glanced at me for a second. When we finally stepped out to the light, he called out "Something bothers you."

My steps were paused, recalled what's the wonder lurking inside my head. There was a storm coming, i can sense its presence. I bit my lower lip, sign of anxiety disrupting my conscious. There was no guarantee whether it was just my guess, or a vision telling me so. Turning my back, i lock my eyes with Raiden.

"I feel something big is coming..."

A hand was placed on my shoulder, his glimmering eyes never fails to sent shiver down my spine.

"I will make sure no evil arrives."

I warmly smiled before he puts away his hand, he stepped back a few steps. A nod was clearly made by him, just before he summoned his thunder, teleporting him away from my eyes.

After letting a few seconds passed, i reached out my communicator and released my magic, trying to call for Erron. A moment passed, he wasn't answering. Tapping my foot up and down, i tried to maintain balance in my worries. Hoping on the last try, finally Erron's hologram appeared. I sighed in relieve, "Erron...are you alright?"

"Well ain't this a surprise, a pretty lady askin me how i'm doin," he responded.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm just worried because many Outworlders coming to Earthrealm as refugees. What's going on there?" He fixed his hat, "Don worry darlin, everything here is under control,"

His pose turned looking at something, before he turned his head back to me "Gotta go (Y/N), duty calls," he stated before his hologram vanished. I put my communicator aside, closing my face with both hands. Hot breath was released from my mouth after i sighed.

"I hope he'll be alright," i murmured.

*****

It's the time where i wish Fujin was here, i had so much to ask. Literally. I think i've lost count. Meditating was the way for me to lose all the things that made me to overthink. Mostly because Raiden's unpredictability.

I shook my head as my magic faded around me, i took a deep breath. Returning my mind in the state where i was focusing. Then suddenly it hit me, another vision. Strangely, i didn't feel any pain. "...fulfill your destiny" the voice echoed inside my thoughts. I opened my eyes, wondering why it didn't hurt. Although i felt relieved. I continued meditating.

My mind popped a video playing, where i was held in a figure's arms. I tried to move my vision to their face, there i see the woman in my vision. Looking down at me, smiling. What i was shocked about, was that she has similar pair of eyes as mine.

I gasped in shock when i opened my eyes, those weren't visions, those were memories. I fell on my knees, trying to catch my breath. "What the.." i murmured. I shook my head and tried to stand back up, holding the wall next to me for support. I placed a hand on the side of my head. My thoughts weren't as clear, i was wondering in the depth. Who was she? Why was she holding me? And her eyes, godly like.

For years the premonitions kept on unknotting its strings swayed through the very laps inside of my brain. None of its end could explain any of the information painted. For weeks i have been massacring Raiden's book collection to earn the knowledge the papers contain.

But none whatsoever had the output to my problems. Sincerely maybe i hadn't taken a look close enough, or is it because visions aren't a thing to succumb for such elucidation.

Other than constantly dwelling about the mystery, one had occurred to mind, at least. Another riddle filled my thoughts. Raiden's confidant as a god moisturized my close minded figure. As i thought from the beginning his nature are far more discreet rather than Fujin.

Seemingly maybe because he had to keep his distance towards mortal. But why is it any different for Fujin's shining personality? Both brothers had the title god implemented across. But for the past couple of days, i often see his way to see me changes every time we meets the eye. Another mystery for another time.

Suddenly, a lightning strike slashed the ground outside the temple, i rushed to see a familiar silhouette standing there. With a smile implemented across my face, eagerly i approached him. "Welcome home, Raiden." I bowed down as he did as well.

"(Y/N), i am in need of your assistant."

I tilted my head confused, "Where?"

Not even bothered enough to answer my curiosity, he, without hesitant, reached for my hand. After i flinched myself at the very spot, he lifted his free arm out in the sky. Summoned his lightning to brush our figures. The moment i blinked my eyes, we were in a different ground. Crowded, many troops and Outworlders. My mind clicked when i see the particular citizens.

The refugees

He let go of my hand and led the way to a tent, there i saw a familiar figure sitting gracefully with a cup of tea on her held. There was a momentary pause resides within the atmosphere when we made eye contact. Seemingly because i was processing the facial features who had reminded me of a sister figure to me.

"Li Mei?!" i exclaimed.

The person in contact flickered her eyes. Her ponytail swung back as i wrapped my hands around her body. Gently letting myself placed my head on her shoulder.

"(Y/N)?" she placed a hand on my head.

"Gods i missed you..."

I could feel her lips twitched upwards as she tighten the held. The familiar scent from her hair stroke my nostrils, revealing my old memories in the past. Feeling the long lost warmth. A friend. A sister from a different mother and realm. The one who always helped me in troubled times when i first arrived in Outworld.

Seeing her again made my heart enlightened itself, gradually making my consciousness to not let her go out from my reach. But of course, her comfort said otherwise.

"W-wow your eyes" she exclaimed as soon as she pulled back from the hug.

"Yeah, long story," i said.

Raiden had no reactions. However, i could tell the questions lies inside the million laps of his brain.

"Are the others safe? The warriors? The--"

"(Y/N), calm down. Everyone is here."

"...and, him?"

Li Mei paused, arranging the words inside her mind. "He's not here. Although i am sure he is fine."

I made a small frown before i smile, "Ah i see.."

The moment i reverted my eyes, a sudden surprise filled my pupils. Raiden's facial expression changed. I couldn't utter it properly, but he was at the urge of unlikely to even land his care on the person i mentioned. His arms were crossed, unimpressed.

Why did i have the feeling he didn't like that question whatsoever?

I moved to the corner, leaving Raiden to speak with Li Mei. About some time passed, Sonya entered the tent.

*****

After long, Johnny and Kenshi entered the tent. Along with Team Six behind them. I made myself in the reach of the view of the table.

"Thanks, Kenshi. Could you and Mister Cage join us?" Sonya said. They surrounded the table as Sonya sat on the edge of it.

"Sergeant Cage. You and your team as you were," she continued. The daughter hopelessly obeyed her mother blunt command, i furrowed my brows in interest. The family of three looked like they had their disagreement.

"This is Li Mei. She seeks asylum for her people in Earthrealm," Raiden said, all eyes immediately landed on her.

"Our village, Sun Do, was the epicenter of a fierce battle. We barely escaped with our lives," Li Mei explained.

"Such is war" Johnny said.

General Blade sharpened her glare, his humor seemed to not entertain her whatsoever. The silent moment left an awkward render across the air, of course. He looked back at Sonya feeling awkward, "I mean, no offense, but... You Outworlders kinda live for that, right?" I placed a hand on my hip, "That's not how it works, Cage."

"This was different. The rebels, Mileena had a weapon unlike anything... Entire battalions, erased. It was not honorable. Not kombat," Li Mei continued.

"Tell me more about the weapon," Raiden demanded.

"A talisman. Gold, with a center jewel. Mileena wields it's crimson energy without precision."

Cassie exclaimed "Well that's good then--"

"Not now, Sergeant Case."

Her mother's monition left Cassie pressed the gap between her lips, mustering the uneven annoyance resembled within her face.

"It is enough that she possesses it. It turns the tide in her favor. The emperor grows desperate. And those caught in the middle...pay the price," Li Mei continued.

"If this 'talisman' is what i suspect it to be, we may all pay a price," Raiden replied.

"We talking about Shinnok's amulet?" Kung Jin questioned.

I handed out a gesture which had provoked Sonya's attention, "It is pretty obvious by now..."

"Can't be. The base, the vault, your wardings??.." she turned to stand and let her eyes scanned towards the Thunder God.

"S-F, Shaolin...No way anyone can get pass all that.." she continued.

Raiden put his arms down, "I must be certain."

He continued to nod his head towards me, signaled me to follow his lead next. Catching up his trail, only to be pulled back by Li Mei's soft gentle touch. I spun my head, locking my point of view to the most dearest Outworlder i've ever encounter.

"Judging by your appearance, saying be careful would be hilarious.."

I smiled "Your prayer means everything to me."

I quickly fastened my phase at catching up to Raiden, arriving shortly at his side after. Stepping through the crowd, i noticed a slight uneasiness between us. Something alternately bothered my consciousness in so. I cornered a stare on the Thunder God, only to be jolted by his voice afterwards,

"Was it necessary to worry of Erron Black, such as recently? Our situation is far more vital than to be expecting his current condition," he bluntly commented.

My brows furrowed, unable to acknowledge my required reaction. My suspicion was true, he was indeed troubled by my early question.

"Raiden--" my sentence got cut my his raising hand, i closed my mouth as soon as he did. "Now, let us go," he offered his hand. I looked up to it, and continued to his eyes.

I humbly reached for his hand, even with a slight hesitation conjoined between my fingers. By the second i did it, a struck of lightning was summoned before us.

To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 323 16
« He must win » Those are the last words that Raiden, the Thunder God, sends to himself, the Raiden from the past, before he gets killed by Shao Kahn...
2.8K 28 22
This is a sequel to Mortal Kombat 9 fan fic. You can read this book first if you like but I recommend you read the first book first because that happ...
11.7K 195 15
Since the dawn of time, many worlds send their strongest Kombatants to a special tournament only known as Mortal Kombat. One such fighter, named (Y/N...
13.8K 246 19
This is the story where um Where it all started. In a planet called Celestialtron was destroyed by an unknown being a one year old baby names Ren who...