Intangibly Yours | Chaelisa

By StanThinMints

She knew it was a bad idea. Roseanne had always been one to become attached too quickly. Too easily. And loo... More

01 | don't be late
02 | covered in silver
03 | keeping the normalcy
04 | morning meetings
05 | as days go
06 | in muted turquoise
07 | a hero's home
08 | for the month
09 | a little hope
10 | what you feel
12 | a turning point
13 | troubled calls
14 | the halloween spirit
15 | blinking lights
16 | questions answered
17 | conversations
18 | ghosts and ghouls
19 | tether
20 | shadows
21 | rain
22 | unsolved

11 | one of seven

1.3K 102 101
By StanThinMints

She watched attentively as the last bit of sunlight trickled below the horizon. Darkening the sky around them to a deep shade of blue, as Roseanne looked down to the smaller woman beside her.

Struggling to remember a name, as the shock of actually being seen by a living person slowly wore off.

Like the sun dipping below, her emotions dipped into a territory she didn't want them. That state of shock protecting her from embarrassing herself in front of the woman, but now reality was slowly seeping in.

When Yeri first saw her, she was so excited to finally be seen by someone else, only then to learn that ghosts can see each other just fine. It's the living that can't, but somehow, this woman could? And maybe it was her age? Like the rumors that babies can see ghosts too?

But nevertheless, being seen by someone who Lisa, or even her parents could see? Someone they too could talk too? It made her realize she wasn't as disconnected as she thought. And now, she struggled to hold back her tears.

"It's Chunhua."

Roseanne stopped for a second before glancing back to the woman. "Sorry?" She questioned timidly. Wiping her eyes quickly while trying not to let her voice give way the best she could.

"My name."

"Ohh... thanks." She bowed apologetically. "I'm sorry. I've been trying to remember."

"It's fine. You've had much on your mind, young Rosie."

"Yes." Roseanne agreed quietly. Thankful to have Chunhua, who could magically sense her need of a name, to distract her emotions. "So, um... have you always been able to see... uh, ghosts?"

And read minds?

Chunhua didn't reply immediately. Instead she turned a corner the best she could with her cart and began pushing it across the road. To the other side of the empty street, where it was slightly more narrow on the sidewalk.

"Yes, I have." Chunhua finally replied, while leading them down a small alleyway. "It's a gift."

Roseanne nodded as they came to a stop in front of an apparent flower shop. Her eyes lit up at the sight and connection, as Chunhua unlocked the front door and pushed it open with her rear. Pulling her cart in along with her.

She was about to follow her in, when Roseanne suddenly felt like she'd be imposing. Which was funny, considering she's been in Lisa's apartment all day.

"It's okay Ghosty." Chunhua called. "My shop is open to you."

Warmth overtook her as she stepped inside. Almost feeling at ease with everything. Like she found a figure she could spend time with, that was still connected to the world. And her, all at the same time.

"Thank you." She spoke quietly. Looking from Chunhua to the plethora of flowers around them, and the life they seemed to teem with. Wishing she could take in a deep breath, just like Lisa could, and be relaxed by their nature.

Wishing she could somehow step back into life.

"Ghosty?"

Roseanne looked up from the flowers and watched as Chunhua held open a door for her. Timidly, she walked towards the back where the woman stood, and looked within the doorframe.

"It's just down the hall." The woman spoke. "There's stairs to the left. You can follow them down."

"What's down the hall?" She questioned.

"Stairs." Chunhua deadpanned. "I just told you."

"No..." She chuckled softly. "I mean, where do they lead? Where does this go?"

"Go and see, Ghosty."

Roseanne would have never in her life gone down a strangers hallway. Nevertheless, down a staircase within it. But then again, she's already lost her life. So what else is there to lose?

She ignored the gnawing in her empty stomach and slipped through the opened door. Finding herself in a rather tight hallway, that led either to another door on the far end, or the scary looking staircase to her left. Making her bite her lip out of nerves as she walked down the steps, and noticed the brightening amber lighting on the walls.

The last thought in her mind was 'who the hell is Chunhua?' When she turned the final corner at the bottom, and was met by a candle lit room. Tapestries on every wall, hiding any windows behind them, if there were any.

A large, round table in the center of the room, with three chairs seated across from each other was present. There was no crystal ball, but the purpose of the mysterious room was soon becoming clear, as Chunhua entered in from behind her.

"I don't suppose you need a reading? Or to speak with those who've passed?" The woman chuckled while walking over to the far wall. Standing in front of a small, thin table, while Roseanne eyed the petite woman from behind.

Suddenly a genuine, childlike smile broke out on her face when a realization had struck her. Chunhua stepped away from the wall, mirroring her own smile, as a thin line of smoke was emitting from a tempered stick.

"Oh my god..." She spoke under breath while approaching the lit incense. Unbelieving the sudden attack her dead body was receiving. "I- I can smell it!" She clapped excitedly. "It smells just like spring! Ahhh! It smells like flowers!"

"Yes, it does." Chunhua appreciated the lively response from the young woman. Her eyes trailing over her silver hue, which made her frown a bit at the sight. "I thought you'd like them."

"I do! I love them!" Rosie giggled. Taking in another big breath and jumping giddily. "I haven't been able to smell anything in so long! It's felt like years..."

Chunhua acknowledged the ghost's excitement, before motioning to the round table before them. Roseanne took up a slow, and tensed seat, as the elderly woman brought the incense over with them, and placed it at it's center.

"So..." Roseanne started. Still taking in the glorious scent of the burning stick. "You do readings then? And communicate with the dead?"

The Chinese woman closed her eyes. "I like to think of it as aiding life and communicating with the unfortunates, but yes. I do. I try to be their guide."

"And the flowers?"

"A front. You'd be amazed who you can meet on the streets." Chunhua opened her eyes. "I mean, I met you? Didn't I?"

"You did." Roseanne smiled.

"And your friend. What was her name?"

"Oh... that was, um... Lisa."

"And who is this um Lisa, hm?" Chunhua wondered aloud. With surprisingly better English skills than she's clearly led others to believe. "Is she the one you bought the flowers for?"

"No..." Rosie looked down at the mentioning of Jennie. Her heart slowly slipping into her stomach. "No, those were for someone else."

"Then who is Lisa?"

"A distraction... I guess." She admitted. Looking up to Chunhua who was waiting patiently. "She doesn't know me, but I saw her and... I don't know, I couldn't stay away. I couldn't get her out of my head. So I just... followed her."

"Hm..." Chunhua hummed. "And why do you seem down? By those words?"

"Because I'm practically stalking her?" Roseanne chuckled sadly. "I'm a ghost who barley knows her. I'm sure she doesn't want me watching her while she thinks she's alone in her apartment. Even if she does seem to sense my presence."

"Sense your presence?"

"Well, I don't know if she can... per say." She fidgeted. "I just get this feeling... that's all."

"And apartment?" Chunhua searches for clarification. "Are you saying you've been inside her apartment?"

"Yeah, actually. I don't know how, but I was able to get in, even though I don't know her. How is that possible?"

"I'm not too sure..." Chunhua looked to the table. "But I do have a guess." She raised her head, locking eyes with the interested ghost.

Roseanne sat up straighter as Chunhua tapped her fingers on the wood. All attention given to the Chinese woman, as the silver hued blonde awaited a hopeful answer.

"I do not believe in coincidence." The woman started. "If you were able to enter her apartment, then you were meant to. It's what was mapped in the universe to happen, so it did. Just like seeing this Lisa in the first place."

"So... I was always meant to, um... follow her?"

"In one way or another." Chunhua breathed in the incense and smiled. "There's many different paths that could have been taken than the one you chose, but in the end, you'd still end up at that young woman's doorstep."

"And why is that?" Roseanne wondered. "Why me?"

"That's hard to say." Chunhua stated calmly. "Maybe you're meant to help her? Maybe she's meant to help you? She could be your soulmate or an astral magnet for all we know."

Roseanne's eyes widened at the mentioning of Lisa being a possible soulmate. For all she knows, soulmates were simply myths. And even if she were to say she had one, a month ago she would have said it was Jennie. Not a stranger. Not Lisa.

An astral magnet though? Now that was something she wasn't sure of. Mainly because she had no idea what that was.

"What's an astral magnet?" She questioned quietly. Completely ignoring the first part of the sentence, which didn't go undetected by Chunhua.

"You've heard of the astral plane? Yes?" The woman wondered while reaching forward and putting out the incense. Letting the smoke and scent fade, as the ghost bit her lip.

"That's where I am... right?" Roseanne answered timidly. Remembering her earlier conversations with Yeri to the best of her ghostly ability's. "The land of the dead? The spirit world?"

"Yes and no." Chunhua smiled softly. "Yes, that's what I'm referring to. But no, because it's not regularly called either of those things."

"So... the astral plane?"

"Yes, or astral world." Chunhua leaned back in her chair. "Personally, I like to call it the astral realm. Because it's still a part of our world, but houses many immaterial things. And Lisa, being a potential astral magnet, could draw in many of those... things."

Roseanne was left slightly worried by the sound of that. The elderly woman almost making it sound bad. Like Lisa could be followed by something even worse than herself, the friendly neighborhood Aussie-ghost.

"Why would she be?" She questioned. "How could someone be a magnet?"

"The same way I was born with my gift." Chunhua replied. "And my gift, happens to make me an astral magnet as well."

Chunhua raised herself from the table and took the incense with her. Bringing it back to its place on the small table, while Roseanne thought about her words.

"So... to be a magnet... you have to have a gift?" She questioned quietly. Phasing up through the table and walking to Chunhua.

"Yes, or another similar means that establishes a deep connection to the astral plane." Chunhua answered. "I was born with the ability to see those who have passed, and find answers through them and the void between life and death."

"Does that mean Lisa has a gift too?" She wondered quietly. Not meaning it to be a question to the woman who sees ghosts, but more an afterthought.

"If my theory of her being an astral magnet is correct, then yes." Chunhua replied. "Either she or someone related to her does, and the connection was strong enough to be passed down to her. But you don't believe in the second, don't you?"

Roseanne furrowed her brows at the smile that played on the Chinese woman's face. Unsure what she meant by that as Chunhua began making her way upstairs.

"You're saying I don't think it could be a relative with the gift? And that it was just passed down to Lisa, right?"

"Mhm..." The woman hummed while climbing the steps. "Why is that Ghosty?"

"Well I never said it couldn't be." She stated. "Maybe one of her parents was born with a gift? Like you."

"No Rosie." Chunhua stopped at the top of the steps and turned back to her. "I can sense your answer. Besides, you've already told me it earlier."

Chunhua squinted her eyes before leaving down the hall. Heading to the single door at the end, furthest from the flower shop. Roseanne timidly climbed the remainder of the steps and approached the now open door.

Peeking in and realizing it was where the woman lived. A small kitchenette to her left and bed on the other side. An older tv atop a dresser surrounded by bookshelves to her right. Along with another door which must have been the bathroom.

She walked forward, wanting to continue her conversation with the woman, but instead, was thrown back the second she had reached the doorframe. Gasping at the sudden force, and more so at the scariness of being below the floorboards of Chunhua's hallway.

There were cobwebs and spiders everywhere. And if Roseanne looked behind herself more, she could see the wall of the basement level were her readings and incense lightings took place.

"Are you okay?"

She sat up at the sound of Chunhua and was met looking at the smiling woman's feet. A hand being outstretched to her, as the Chinese woman laughed. "I need to invite you in first, Ghosty."

Roseanne grinned before her eyes rested on the the small hand ahead of her. Reaching her own up to take it, but hesitating before she did.

"You're not a ghost." She whispered. Eyes flicking up to Chunhua's. "I can't..."

"Can't what? Accept my help?" Chunhua chuckled, before taking in a breath and shooting the young ghost a sympathetic look. "Just, remain calm... and take my hand."

Roseanne looked from Chunhua, to her hand, and slowly brought hers closer. Images of trying to caress Jennie's face from a month and some days prior flashing, as her hand tensed ferociously and... phased right through the older woman's.

"You're trying too hard."

"But I have to tense." She replied quietly. "I can knock on things okay... still bad at pressing buttons though..."

"Well what's different from taking my hand and knocking on things?"

Roseanne looked up with a quirked brow. "Well... for starters, you're alive. And the things I've knocked on aren't. Like walls."

"All I'm hearing is that you're afraid you can't, because I'm alive." Chunhua glanced to her hand again. "You're comfortable with things that are fixed, whereas a button isn't. It moves. Must be pressed. And a person moves the most, so you're scared."

"I'm not scared... I just, can't get the tensing right."

"Because you're scared, Ghosty. And that's okay." Chunhua smiled. "Now try again."

"I promise I'm not sca-"

"Sh!" The woman interrupted. "Try again."

Roseanne gulped down her anxiousness and reached her hand back up. She automatically began to tense again, but a quick peek at Chunhua's hardened stare made her release a bit of the tension she was creating out of fear of the smaller woman.

"Just remember that somethings have a lot of energy, but others have less." Yeri's words echoed throughout her mind.

Maybe she struggled to touch people because they actually have more natural energy? Maybe she was tensing too much because objects that don't have enough natural energy require it to be contacted? But less for the ones that do.

Maybe Chunhua was right... and she was trying to hard.

Maybe... she just had to-

Roseanne jolted at the contact of Chunhua's hand on hers. Textureless, not warm nor cold. Much like Yeri's or Felix's whenever they've touched. But it was a hand. And not just any hand, but one of the livings.

The hand of the woman who was currently pulling her up. Whose smile stretched the entirety of her face as she reached upwards and patted her head softly.

"There you go Ghosty." Chunhua congratulated. Roseanne standing paralyzed as the Chinese woman retracted her hand from her untouched hair and stood beside the door. "Would you like to come in for some tea?"

She nodded wordlessly and Chunhua gestured inside the room with her hands. Roseanne carefully stepping beneath the doorway and smiling as the barrier easily faded away at her attempt of re-entry.

Chunhua immediately headed into her kitchen and retrieved a pot from below the stove. Filling it with water at the tap before warming it on a burner and locating a container she had sat aside the day before.

Roseanne watched her as she found the bin and screwed off it's lid. Taking the several dried out leaves she had stored within it, most likely for her tea.

She smiled softly at the petite woman, before letting her eyes wonder to the decor of the small space. There were a couple tapestries hung, much like the ones downstairs. But there were just as many simple knickknacks sitting about as well.

There were crystals, books, and what appeared to be tradition Chinese relics scattered upon the shelves and desk. Her curiosity leading her to them, where Roseanne got down to their level and eyed each piece. They were beautiful, each unlike the other, and she knew Chunhua must have gone out of her way to collect them all.

Roseanne lifted her head, looking towards Chunhua to question the woman on them and their origins, but she soon found her attention being brought to a thin poster on the wall ahead of her. A small collection of incense and stones beneath it, and besides that, the bedside table and bed itself.

She got up from her crouched position and walked over to the poster, eyebrows furrowing as she studied it and it's colors. The figure of a person, sitting cross legged with their hands on their legs and seven multicolored symbols reaching from their head to their toes down the poster's center.

There were no words to it, and the poster itself looked a bit ominous, as it was well worn and not the usual shiny materials that posters were made of now days.

"Chunhua?" Roseanne called quietly. Tensing a hand and resting it along the poster's edges. "What's this?"

Chunhua took a sip of her freshly made tea and turned from her kitchen stove. Smiling softly at the ghost, whom was curiously eyeing her livelihood.

"Those are the seven chakras." She replied, before taking several more sips from her steaming mug.

"I've heard of those..." Roseanne pondered while looking towards her. "What are they? The seven chakras?"

"Well..." She began while setting down her drink. "There's Muladhara, Svadhishthana, Manipura, Anahata, Vishuddha, Ajna, and Sahasrara."

Roseanne stared.

"Also known as the Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye, and Crown chakras." Chunhua chuckled quietly. Walking towards the ghost and studying the poster with her. "They are the passions I live by."

"Where are they from?" Rosie questioned while removing her hand and looking to the older woman. "I feel like they're not derived from China..."

"You're right, they're not." She glanced to the girl and smiled softly. Walking past her and to the bed beside the wall and poster. Roseanne following and tensing up a seat along side her, waiting intently.

"The seven chakras originate from India, but are now followed all over the world. Mainly seen in yoga these days, or new age philosophies."

"So... you're into yoga?"

Chunhua laughed and shook her head. "No Ghosty, not yoga."

"I figured." Roseanne smiled softly. Looking back up to the poster and tracing over each symbol with her eyes. "You said they're the passions you live by..." She mumbled while looking back to Chunhua. "How so?"

"Well... I try to harness each of the seven chakras to help live a more meaningful life." Chunhua spoke. Standing up slowly, yet holding up a hand to let Roseanne know to stay put. "But there's one chakra I've always been more attuned with. Any idea which?"

Roseanne furrowed her brows and looked to the poster while Chunhua collected her tea from where it sat. Sipping off the mug and smiling as she returned to the taller ghost's side, who was still eyeing the poster.

She started from the bottom, working her way up with her gaze as she looked over each design. Trying to gauge which was which, but already forgetting their names. It was when Roseanne's eyes landed on the deep purple symbol, second from the top, that made her stop in wonder.

There was something about it that made her question what exactly the seven chakras were, and what it meant to live by them. Because the way the symbol almost resembled an eye, had Rosie glancing back to the woman who could actually see her.

With her own eyes.

"The purple one..." Roseanne answered quietly. "The eye?"

"Ajna." Chunhua nodded. "The third eye."

"Ajna..." She repeated. Chunhua smiling whilst finishing her tea, before setting the empty mug down and turning to face the pale ghost.

"I mentioned that my ability to see you was a gift, and it is. It's passed down from generation to generation within my family. And that 'ability' isn't a form of specialty, but a way of harnessing what's already there." Chunhua explained. "You see, everyone has a third eye."

"Everyone?" She wondered aloud. "And the third eye, that's what let's you see ghosts, right? See me?"

"Yes, it's what allows me to perceive what's beyond ordinary sight. My families connection to the third eye is strong, so when I was born, my mind's eye was already tuned to what it was seeing. And my parents did not make me question these things, but understand them."

"I... I don't understand."

Chunhua smiled softly. Reaching a finger out and pointing at Roseanne's forehead. "Everyone is born with their third eye, right here, and it's not closed. It's open. It's perceiving the things we can't physically see since the moment we're born."

Roseanne blinked.

"As one ages though, they begin to question what they see. And if their parents don't solidify the truth, tell them they're only 'seeing things' or it's their 'imaginary' friend instead, one's mind eye begins to close. Until the last shred of doubt is relinquished from the person's mind, and they truly believe that what they saw, was never real."

"So... what they say is true then? That babies can see things? Kids and their... imaginary friends?"

"Kids and their friends who have passed on, yes." Chunhua corrected.

"And most people's third eye closes? If their parents aren't like yours? To tell them that what they see is real?"

"Precisely."

Roseanne nodded her head in understanding. Grasping at the information Chunhua was giving her and trying her best not to overthink about every scenario she's had as a child leading up to this point.

Was the pile of clothes she had on her chair actually a person? Was her Mum's stories about a childhood friend actually a 'friend', or something a little more... sinister?

"Tell me again..." Chunhua began. "About this woman..."

"About... Lisa?"

"Yes." The Chinese woman stated. "And how you believe she can sense your presence..."

~

Lisa threw back her drink and squinted at the strength of it. Her throat burned before her mouth was left in a slightly buttery aftertaste. She licked her lips and enjoyed the way the shot eased up it's kick as it went further down.

She sat the glass back on the bar counter and looked up to the woman who was smiling at her. A bartender in her late twenties, with wavy red hair and a couple tattoos across each of her arms. Who happened to introduced herself as 'The Ginger'.

"Well? What do ya think?" Ginger asked while she finished wiping down the glass in her hand. "Like the good ole' mind eraser?"

"Is that uh, what it's called?" Lisa questioned quietly and the woman shook her head.

"No, but I like the taste so much I forget all about my worries." Ginger smiled and tossed the rag she was using to clean, before grabbing the bottle from below the counter. "What another fill mate?"

"Sure." Lisa slid her shot glass forward and gulped down what was hopefully the rest of her awkwardness. "I can use a bit more erasin'."

"That'a girl."

Lisa watched as ginger poured the savory drink in. This time, setting the vodka bottle on the table where Lisa could read it's contents while downing another glass or two.

"666?" She wondered. "Didn't know I was drinking off the devil tonight?"

"Why else would it taste so good?" Ginger chuckled. "Leave it to the devil and his demons to make good alcohol. Won't ever catch an angel making grade A vodka."

Lisa nodded with a crooked smile. Taking the shot glass in hand and staring down at the impending alcohol, before downing it.

"I do like the way the devil leaves a ghost of butter on my lips."

"That's cause this one's his butter flavor mate." Ginger pointed to the bottle with a grin. "And I'm certain he does love your lips..."

The wink Lisa received made her shake her head with pink tinted cheeks. She'd blame the drinking for that, as her lips curved upwards once more. Lisa thanked the woman before she threw back another round Ginger had poured.

Hoping the contents truly could help her forget about her restless morning.

~

She had forced herself to stop drinking about an hour ago, though she had switched to a light beer long before that. To pass the time, she had been chatting with Ginger as the woman went back and forth between customers at the bar.

Lisa enjoyed the one she was in, as it was dim and had a more rustic theme to it. Not some bright neon-coated club where the lights gave her headaches, and men tried to have their way with her. Yet she didn't necessarily oppose the attention from men. She was just never in the mood to entertain them, or even herself with their ridiculousness.

"Are you sure you're not up for another?" Ginger asked smoothly while gliding back over to her side of the counter. "I have plenty more than just the 666 or Foster's light. Could give you something real good."

"Would you be giving it here?" Lisa raised a brow. "Or in the back?"

Ginger shook her head and laughed. "You're going to get me in trouble mate."

"Sorry." She smiled lightly. "Alcohol makes me bold."

"Are you usually not?" Ginger questioned while grabbing a glass and a couple bottles. Adding in some coke and splashes of her favorite vodka as the frizzy blonde with showing dark roots eyed her curiously.

"No, I'm not." Lisa answered quietly. "I rarely see others, and when I do I'm more of the quiet type."

"Are you telling me you don't have friends?" Ginger smirked.

"Oh fuck you..."

Ginger smiled and passed her blend forward. "I'm joking." She leaned in on her elbows and waited for Lisa to try her drink. "I can honestly say I've enjoyed your company this evening. Even if I had done most the talking."

"I got better as the night when on." Lisa leaned back and lifted the straw. Circling the alcohol within it with raised brows. "What's in this? And will I be able to walk home after it?"

"Depends on how straight you wanna walk?" Ginger answered. "And I'm not saying. I've got secrets."

Lisa bit back her chuckle before wrapping her lips around the straw and sipping. Eyes widening at the flavor as it hit, and Ginger's grin only grew as she watched.

This woman was quiet, when she wasn't being talked to. But Ginger has always known how to keep up a conversation, so she didn't mind when Lisa would slip into the quietness. In fact, it was a bit endearing watching as the Asian woman would realize she wasn't responding, and apologize for it.

"You know, I never asked you earlier..." Ginger began out of curiousness. Lisa looking up to her from the glass. "What brings you to Melbourne? As i assume your Aussie accent would be thicker if you were from here." She chuckled.

Lisa stopped sipping as her eyes gradually fell from Ginger's. Focusing in on the condensation pooling around her glass, rather than her sinking heart.

"I'm sorry if it's-"

"No..." Lisa glanced up and waved off the worrying bartender. "No, it's okay."

The Thai took in a deep breath, before taking out the straw and gulping down the rest of her drink. Ginger's eyes growing round as she watched the woman chug, and focused in on the droplets of alcohol that fell off her chin, and down her neck.

Her eyes zoning out on the beauty mark the Lisa had, before a cough brought her attention back up to the woman who was wiping her mouth with her sleeve.

"You good?" Ginger questioned while accepting the iced glass with her rather warm hand.

"Yeah, just didn't want to let it go to waste." Lisa replied while thumping her hand on her chest. "It was good, thank you."

"No worries." Ginger smiled softly. "But you didn't have to chug it, Lisa."

"I know..."

It went quiet between them as Ginger cleaned the glass and awaited a hopeful answer to her question. Merely because she was honestly quite curious of the woman. Seeing how she's never seen her before, or anyone whose seemed relatively like her. And the young woman seemed to already have an acquired taste for alcohol, it made her only wonder more on why she's never met her before.

Not to mention Lisa looked, and felt, rather unique.

"I'm from Thailand..." Lisa spoke quietly. Ginger setting down the cleaned glass and smiling softly. Encouraging her to go on. "My Dad had lived here ever since he divorced my Mom, which happened when I was a kid."

The smile Ginger had slowly faded when she saw Lisa's face change, and the woman stand up from her stool. Grabbing the jacket she had shedded awhile ago and slipping it back on.

"My Dad passed away last month." Lisa looked to Ginger and smiled sadly. "I'm here to clean out his place."

"Lisa I..." Ginger paused. Trying to find the best words to say when she already knows she'll only say those three. "I'm so sorry."

"Me too." She replied. Wiping the single tear that fell, before taking out her wallet. "How much do I owe you?"

"Oh... um... one moment."

Lisa watched as Ginger left to a register and began tapping away against the screen. As she waited, she began taking out bills to give as a tip, until the red head returned.

"Listen, I gave you a discount on the drinks becau-"

"You didn't have to." Lisa interrupted. "I can pay full price."

"I know, and I don't care." Ginger handed the Thai her receipt and Lisa sighed audibly.

"Thank you." She whispered while handing over the appropriate cash. "For the discount and the company."

"Of course." Ginger smiled while accepting the decently large payment. Embarrassingly finding herself looking at Lisa for a little too long. "Have a good rest of your night, and stay safe. I'm honestly rather surprised you're standing alright on your own." She spoke whilst stepping towards the till.

Thoughts running a mile a minute in her head about how it wasn't particularly smart of herself to be acting this way, when she just went through a recent break up.

Lisa smiled a little at the red head's reaction, as she reached forward and placed the cash she had held aside for a tip on the counter. Giving Ginger a final look over, before turning around and heading towards the door.

"I'll see you around, Ginger." She called.

"I'll be here!" The bartender acknowledged and looked up just in time to watch Lisa go. The door shutting softly behind the woman's frame, before Ginger's eyes fell down to the multicolored pile of cash left on the counter.

A smile returned to her lips as she went for it and stood in front of the seat Lisa had occupied for those couple of hours beforehand. Counting the cash as she wondered how many more minutes she could have had with the Thai, hadn't she mentioned what brought her here.

"I am truly sorry Lisa..." She spoke to herself, before another customer called for her, and interrupted her thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 250 11
-JENNIE/ROSEANNE/LISA To one she was a wife, to the other a best friend. Jennie Kim is dead. And the two most important people in her life are trying...
85.1K 4.5K 26
Park Roseanne or Park Chaeyoung ❥ The girl who thinks that life is unfair, that life sucks, that life's a bitch. I mean, who wouldn't think about thi...
261K 10.3K 28
Doctor AU. Lisa is new to Seoul Medical Hospital and quickly becomes attracted to fellow doctor, Park Chaeyoung, but unfortunately for her the trauma...
48.6K 2.3K 24
The same girl who turned into the teenager whose heart I broke years ago. The same teenager who's now a woman with a hardass personality to match. I...