[OUTDATED] ☆The Caged Bird☆ S...

Autorstwa sammytheskitty33

[Severally outdated] ⚠️ Tigger Warnings in intro page ⚠️ you are a lone young Siren living in the Atlantic O... Więcej

🌟 ~There's a reboot of this book~ 🌟
before we start! I need to warn ya.
☆prologue☆
part 1: stranded then saved
part 2: the proposal
part 3: don't worry about me..
part 4: a new day, a new life
part 5: the beast with wings
part 6: a knight in 'shining' armor
part 7: needed again
part 8: education... under watch
part 9: hiding something...
part 10: growing up fast
part 12: meeting bismuth
part 13: parental worries
part 14: tour of the plant house
part 15: tour of the forge
part 16: the glory hog..
part 17: Pinkie promise
part 18: Nothing to worry about
part 19: reading is enlightening!
part 20: Dangerous...?
part 21: Fun day
part 22: New day, new discovery!
part 23: 'silly' assumptions
part 24: the gloves are off
part 25: one little thing
part 26: Make you better
part 27: safe and "secure"
part 28: some things...
part 29: ...are best left unsaid.
part 30: Fusion talk
part 31: Ocean's pull
part 32: in deep waters
part 33: Contemplative car ride
part 34: Homeschool reunion
part 35: suspicious

part 11: the outside world!

2.2K 57 19
Autorstwa sammytheskitty33

"Slow down, lil' universe." Steven cautioned as you ventured ahead of him, clicking and cooing in excitement and interest at all of the new sights presented around you.

So many new things; many colors, human structures great and small, of different shapes and sizes and all of the many new faces had you in a frenzy of potent excitement, to the point you couldn't help but run farther into this strange new world, wanting to explore every-

"I said slow down!" Your thoughts were halted abruptly at a rather sharp order called from behind you, forcing you to stop your quick trek forward and turn back with an annoyed grumble, to pout at the teen with crossed arms. He in turn, smiled wearily as he sped his walk up to a light jog, until he was substantially close and he rubbed his nape with a breathless laugh. "D-Don't look at me like that... You know that my walking speed isn't as fast as yours!" You tipped your head slightly, lifting your brow at him with a soft hum. Figures flat feet would slow someone down. Steven straightened up, now taking on a more serious, stern look. "But.. you should know better than to wander off." He informed. "Beach City's a big place. You could get lost... or taken." Your eyes flash in temporary alarm.

He... has a point. The only places you've ever known were the ocean, beach, flower dome and Steven's home. But a whole city? What kind of dangers lay ahead there?

You looked down, murmuring softly as you dragged your foot across the ground in a sudden sense of shyness. Steven chuckled and ruffled your hair playfully. "It's okay. Just stay with me, and you'll be safe." You looked back up at him, scanning the soft smile he wore. It was warm, understanding.. and pleased. Why pleased, you weren't sure, but you paid it no mind. You were just happy he was smiling.

You simply gave him a small nod of affirmation. His smile grew and he gave your head a few pats. "Good. Now come on, we're almost there." With that he walks forward, with you trailing silently behind him with a soft sigh.

...I am yet to doubt this magic human's advice.
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, here we are!"

You look around at the even more colorful, even more oddly shaped buildings, followed by equally colorful residents, eyes shining in even more excitement than you even thought was possible. "OooooooOoo!" Steven chuckles softly, walking up from behind to stand beside you. "Now. Stay close." he advised. "It's just as easy to get lost here as it is in Beach City. Okay?" You nodded again, shuffling on your feet in anticipation, making steven chuckle in amusement. "Okay. Come on." With a gesture to follow him, steven leads you into a tour of the colorful village.

It was a pretty unique place. Not only from the buildings, but the residents themselves were far more interesting than any humans you've seen. From the strange colors, unique markings and of course the gemstones implanted in their bodies, you could tell these beings just couldn't be from earth alone. They just couldn't have.

You've seen many creatures in your time alive, an nothing was as... otherworldly as these beings.

Neptune, what could their origins here be?

"Steven!"

You jumped as an abrupt voice sounded above the relatively quiet town, prompting you to stagger back to hug Steven's leg for protection. He chuckled at this and set a hand on your head as he looked up to the source of the voice, smiling a little as he saw who it was. "Oh. Hey, peridot."

...Peridot?

You turn to see a small green female with triangular yellow hair and sharp yellow visors over her eyes approach, looking delighted to see the boy. As she came close, you noticed the green triangular gem in the center of her forehead. Another gem? How many gems does steven know? "Steven, you wouldn't believe what happened today in-" She paused as her eyes trailed from looking up at his face down to yours, her look of excitement melting into a confused stare. "Ehm... Who is that?" Steven's gaze flickered between you and the Green gem, before letting a light smile enlighten his face as he patted your head comfortingly. "Oh. Um... Peridot. This is... (name)." You looked up at steven for clarity, getting a nod of affirmation from him before taking a few steps away from him to get a better look at the green gem, sniffing in her direction.

Peridot suddenly looked suspicious, as her eyes looked you up and down, from your slitted eyes to your, partially opened wings and swaying tail. She stared pensively for a moment before the look mild alarm takes over her face. "Oh my stars." she uttered as she took a few steps backs back with a horrified gasp. "Humans are capable of corruption now?!"

A confused sneer contorts your face as you backed up into steven at her sudden accusation.

Corruption?

"What ah- no!" Steven hurriedly and quite defensively answered, abruptly scooping you up into his arms protectively, pressing his hand into the back of head so your cheek would squish into his chest. "(Name) is a siren!" The gem Peridot was now the one wearing a confused sneer as she narrowed an eye slightly. "A... siren??" she looked to be in disbelief as she scanned your body again, her fear slowly melting into interest. "I thought those creatures were just... stories made up by humans?" Steven chuckled weakly as he itched the back of his neck. "Well... they.. aren't." Peridot stepped closer, placing her hands on her hips suddenly looking suspicious. "I thought they were... dangerous as well? Aren't they known for their long line of treachery and deceit?"

Steven stiffened slightly at this and unconsciously held you closer like he'd taken offense to the comment, but forced a reassuring smile. "N-not this one," He proclaimed confidently. "They're gonna different." Peridot crossed her arms, looking ever so slightly skeptical. "Is that so? Are you sure?" Her tone was questioning, making steven knit his eyebrows slightly in what came off as mild frustration. "Definitely!" You look up at him, slightly worried at how tense and defensive he was getting. Great groupers, why is HE the one getting offened? You looked back at the green gem, whose eyes were narrowed on your small form, rubbing her chin in contemplation. That was when she held her arms out.

"Let me see it."

Your eyebrows lifted in slight surprise, taken aback- and admittedly impressed- by the gem's boldness. It was probably because of your size at the moment or the fact it wasn't a normal human, but never before has anyone wanted to hold your kind on first encounter.

No one except Steven and Connie that is.

Speaking of steven...

When you looked up at him, he had the look of hesitance. Fear almost. "What-?" He took a small step back from the gem as she lifted her brow. "I only want a closer look of this so called; 'siren' for a brief moment." She said matter-of-factly. "I've never seen one- a real one- this close before."

Steven stood there for a moment, flicking his gaze between you and peridot uneasily, bitting his lip nervously. After a long pause, he took a long breath and plucked you off his chest, holding you into a gentle cradle. "Ffffine... just... be careful." And slowly and hesitantly, he places you into her outstretched arms.

Her body was pleasantly warm, almost warmer than Steven's body, and you found yourself humming in surprised delight at this contact. She herself hummed, both in interest and in admiration. "Interesting. The depictions I've seen of these so called 'sirens' are quite different from this one," she stated, speaking in a observant, scientifical manner, as if she were taking notes. "Most of them were either purely feathered or purely aquatic. Never before have I seen a mix..." her eyes narrowed slightly. "Another hybrid if you will."

You looked up at her, pupils dilating slightly in surprise. Another hybrid?

"And in contrast to their depicted mischievous, cunning nature, this one is quiet and cooperative." She stares down at you pensively for a moment.

"Interestingly..." you just stared back at her, unsure of her next move. Her face then broke into a soft smile, one of faint adoration.

"This particular siren is quite unique. In both looks and behavior." You find yourself blushing faintly at her words, surprised that a mystical being like herself would even say such things about you.

You were brought back by the sound of steven shuffling impatiently on his feet as he fiddled with his hands anxiously. "Ahem... y-yeah... can you pl-"

He was reaching for you, when peridot decided to gently poke at your foot, making you squeak instinctively at the ticklish feeling. "Purridot!"

Almost as soon as the name left your mouth, the green gem's eyes went wide in what appeared to be shock as a semi-loud gasp erupted from her, startling you and steven. "Oh my stars! They know how to communicate as well as learn names!" She hugs you closer, smiling brightly.

"Amazing! We must show the others this magnificent discovery! Come on!"

...others?

Before you could process it, she bolts off in the opposite of Steven's direction, much to his incredible dismay.

"H-HEY WAIT--!"
~~~~~~~~

My first time drawing peridot...😅

Green bean's hair is difficult to draw-

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

369K 9.6K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...
371 53 36
Everyone is always so excited about their 21st birthday. It means you can drink and go out to clubs. Which are the normal things that you usually do...
2.5K 84 11
You wake up in an unfamiliar neighbourhood. [TW warnings in some chapters] {My Welcome Home The love rot AU} |There will be facts| {No NSFW} [One las...
5.6K 155 41
She always made her life seem good to all her friends, so no one ever cared to take a deeper look into what it's liked behind closed doors. Everyday...