Infinity (Fred Weasley x read...

By angelraeken

Fred Weasley took quite a shine to (y/n) McGonagall, so did his twin brother but not exactly in the same way... More

1 - Escape from Azkaban
2 - Home
3 - The Boggart
4 - The Grim
5 - Quidditch
6 - Hogsmeade
7 - Christmas
8 - Christmas night
9 - New term
10 - Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw
11 - An Unexpected visitor
12 - Buckbeak
13 - The Quidditch final
14 - Sirius Black
15 - An explanation
16 - The end of fifth year
17 - The Burrow
18 - The Portkey
19 - The Quidditch World cup
20 - Returning to Hogwarts
21 - The Triwizard tournament
22 - The Goblet Of Fire
23 - Liar
24 - The Astronomy Tower
25 - The First Task
26 - The common room party
27 - Dance class
28 - The Yule Ball
29 - The Second Task
30 - Barty Crouch Jr
31 - The Third Task
32 - The end of Sixth Year
33 - Headquarters
34 - The Order of the Phoenix
35 - The Noble House of Black
36 - Prefects
37 - The Final Year
38 - Dolores Umbridge
39 - The Detention
40 - A new Keeper
41 - The Ministry and Hogwarts
42 - The Heir of Gryffindor
43 - The Hog's head
44 - The favour from Snape
45 - The Lion and the Serpent
46 - Fake boyfriend
47 - Dumbledore's Army
48 - Charms class
49 - The DA meeting
50 - Polyjuice potion and Nifflers
51 - The attack on Arthur Weasley
52 - Christmas at Grimmauld Place
54 - Snape's meeting
55 - The Outbreak at Azkaban
56 - The Patronus
57 - The New Head of Hogwarts
58 - The Hogwarts Heroes
59 - Weasley is our King
60 - The Department of Mysteries
61 - The loss of a father
62 - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
63 - Professor Gryffindor
64 - The Slug Club
65 - The Necklace
66 - Uncle Lupin
67 - Ghosts
68 - The box of memories
69 - Draco Malfoy
70 - Christmas at The Burrow
71 - The Second Brother
72 - Poison
73 - Sectumsempra
74 - The Fallen Professor
75 - The Eight Potters
76 - The Wedding
77 - The Thief
78 - Followed
79 - Godric's Hollow
80 - The Truth
81 - Malfoy Manor
82 - The dog and the Malfoy boy
83 - Hell at Hogwarts
84 - It's a long story
85 - The Tale of the Three Brothers
86 - The Deathly Hallows
87 - Aberforth Dumbledore
88 - Hope
89 - The Battle of Hogwarts
90 - Fred Weasley
91 - Love of my life
92 - 19 Years Later
INFINITY MEMES

53 - The Knight bus home

54.7K 1.5K 11.3K
By angelraeken

You awoke the next morning, laying on Fred's chest with your arms around his neck. Fred had his arms wrapped around your waist, he was still asleep when you awoke. Looking up he looked so peaceful and calm, it was hard to believe how bold he was last night compared to what he looked like now. Smiling at the red-head, you placed a kiss on one of the marks you'd left on his collarbone and quietly slipped out of bed. Picking up the clothes that were now on the floor you quickly slipped in them and walked down the stairs, towards the kitchen.

Remus was the only one in the kitchen when you walked in. He smiled at you and offered you a hot chocolate which you happily accepted. "How's my favourite niece this morning?" Lupin asked softly. 

You returned his smile when he spoke those words. "I'm fine." Sitting down you started to drink. "How's my favourite uncle?" 

He laughed slightly at your comment. "If only your uncle James were around to hear you say that." His smile grew. "But yes, I'm all okay ... so ..." He longed out the last word. 

"So?" You questioned. 

"Did you have a nice evening?" He raised his brows at you. 

"I mean ... yeah ... you were with me in the hospital to see Arthur -" 

"I'm not talking about that." He smirked. "I'm talking about the night you spent with Fred Weasley." 

"PLEASE DON'T TELL DAD!" 

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." He smiled. "I put a charm on the door which blocked out the sound. I was walking to my room when I heard a sound, I thought it could have been Kreacher or Harry perhaps having another vision and well ... I didn't expect to hear what I heard. You're lucky it wasn't your Dad or Molly." He took a sip of his drink. "They would have walked in on the pair of you." 

You groaned and placed your head on your kitchen table, feeling the heat rise to your cheeks which only caused your uncle to laugh harder. "I'm not going to lecture you but ..." Lupin spoke again causing you to lift your head off the table to look at him. "Sirius won't want any grandchildren anytime soon -" 

"Good thing he's not getting them anytime soon then ..." You sat up, staring at your uncle. "Thank you." 

"For what exactly?" 

"The charm, and not telling Dad." His smile returned again. 

"You're welcome." At that exact moment Sirius walked into the kitchen. 

"Morning you two." He beamed a bright smile towards you both. He walked over to you and bent down to place a kiss on the top of your head but he didn't stand back up straight away. 

"Everything okay Dad?" You asked, knowing he wasn't moving. 

"What's that?" He pointed to the top of your shoulder. 

Due to his height Fred's jumper that you wore often hung off your shoulder slightly which never really seemed like a problem ... until now. Whilst putting on your clothes you didn't realise that Fred had left a mark on the top of your shoulder which was visible even with the jumper on. 

"What's what?" You asked confused. 

"That!" He pointed to your shoulder. You moved your head slightly to see what he was talking about. The moment your eyes landed on the mark you froze. Sirius was definitely going to know where you'd got that and what it was. 

"Oh ... that?" You tried to come up with an excuse. "I got hurt during Quidditch practice ... you know we're training our new beaters no -" 

"There is no way you got that from Quidditch! (y/n) Black Gryffindor tell me where you got that from!" He moved back to stare at you as he spoke in a strict tone. 

"It was Quidditch -" 

"I was young once too you know! I know that isn't a mark made by anything like a Bludger or beaters bat so, I will ask you again ... where and who gave it to you?" 

"Dad please -" 

"It was Fred wasn't it?" He glared. 

"Talking about me already (y/n)?" Fred had just walked in the kitchen as Sirius finished. Looking down at your worried expression Fred narrowed his gaze, catching on that something was wrong. "What's wrong (y/n)?" What Fred had yet to notice was Sirius looking as if he wanted to kill the boy on the spot. 

"Fred ..." Lupin spoke in a calm voice. "perhaps you should sit -" 

"He won't need to!" Sirius spat. He turned around and grabbed the cloest thing to him which happened to be a frying pan. "COME HERE WEASLEY!" He yelled, chasing the boy around the kitchen. 

"W- what ... I haven't done anything!" Fred sprinted away trying to avoid the tall man chasing him with a frying pan. 

"YOU KNOW FULL WELL WHAT YOU'VE DONE! YOU SLEPT WITH MY DAUGHTER LAST NIGHT!" Sirius screamed. "I LET YOU KISS HER AT THE YULE BALL ONCE! NOT SHAG HER IN MY HOUSE!"

"Sirius please -" Lupin tried to calm him down. "What if Molly hears? Hmm? Did you think about that?" Sirius lowered the pan, now looking at his best friend. "Besides," Lupin spoke in a low voice so only he and Sirius could hear. "I thought you liked Fred?" 

"Yes but I don't want him -" Sirius gestured to the two of you. "doing that -" 

"She isn't a child anymore, I know you want to protect her and keep her safe but Fred will do her no harm. You know that." Lupin slowly took the frying pan from his best friend's hand and placed it back on the side before continuing.

"I've seen the way he acts around her at Hogwarts and not just him but George and Lee too, all they want is to take care of her. It reminds me of Lily and us, Fred is like James he just wants to impress and protect the girl he loves and George and Lee are like you and I, they see her as a little sister who'd give anything to see her happy." 

Sirius seemed to have calmed down at his words, he looked over to you and Fred. The two of you were sat at the kitchen table, you were quietly talking to Fred, trying to reassure him that your Dad wasn't going to kill him. 

"You might want to change that jumper before Molly gets down here. Don't think she'll want to know what one of her sons gave you that." Sirius said, slumping down in one of the kitchen chairs. You nodded at your father and went to change. "Oh and (y/n) ..." 

"Yes?" You stopped in your tracks. 

"This stays between the four of us." Sirius gestured to you all in the room. "No one is to know, for yours and Freds sake. I don't want to deal with Molly if she ever found out." 

---

For the rest of your stay Sirius was far more overprotective with you. He'd now make sure you sat next to him at breakfast, lunch and dinner. When you wanted to study, Sirius would now always sit in the room with you or try and help you with your work. You also tried to go on a walk to clear your head but Sirius shifted into his animagus form so he could walk alongside you. And everytime Fred was in a room with you Sirius was never far away. 

Today was the day before you were supposed to be heading back to Hogwarts. You, Fred and George were currently packing for your return to school. George had found out about you and Fred. He noticed his twin wasn't in his room that morning and after breakfast he comfronted his brother about his absenece and once George had found out, he wasn't ever going to let the two of you live it down. This meant Lee would be told on the train and you feared for his reaction. 

 "You know," Fred spoke up. "I reckon we should've left school before we even started our final year." 

"You two can't leave me with Lee." You quickly spoke. "I'd have to put up with his soppy talks about Angelina all on my own." 

"We won't leave you just yet." George messed up your hair as you packed. 

"Besides, even we do you can always come visit us." Fred smiled. 

"At your joke shop?" You questioned. 

"Exactly." The two replied at the same time. 

"And who knows ..." Fred now started to speak. "maybe you'll be working for us one day." His smirk grew. 

"I'd rather not, you two would work me into the ground." You smiled at the two. 

"Us?" George gasped. 

"We'd never do that!" Fred now copied his expression. 

"Uh huh, course you two wouldn't." Smiling at the two you finished packing your trunk when Molly called your name. 

"(y/n), dear?" 

"Yes Mrs Weasley?" You called back. She now stood in the doorway, watching you and the twins. 

"Snape is downstairs for you -" 

"Snape?" You asked. Clearly confused at her words, you straightened up. 

"Yes dear, he says it's urgent. You may want to go downstairs now, he needs to hurry off." 

You shot the twins a confused look but proceeded to get up and follow her downstairs to the kitchen. You walked inside to see Harry and Sirius sitting in the corner of the room whereas Snape was stood by the table, clearly waiting for you. 

"Ah," Snape spoke, noticing your presence. "Miss Gryffindor, how pleasant to see you." 

"You know then?" You asked the man, referring to his use of your new last name. 

"How do you think Black obtained those papers?" 

"Dumbledore helped me not you!" Sirius spat. 

"I was supposed to see you and Potter alone," Snape said eyeing up your Dad. "but Black -"

"I'm Harry's godfather and I'm (y/n)'s father." Sirius now spoke in a dark tone. 

"I am here on Dumbledore's orders," Snape said, his voice becoming more quietly waspish. "but by all means stay, Black, I know you like to feel ... involved." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sirius, who was currently swinging on his chair like a child let it fall back onto all four legs with a loud bang. 

"Merely that I am sure you must feel - ah - frustrated by the fact that you can do nothing useful," Snape laid a delicate stress on that last word. "for the Order." 

Sirius sat back and gave Snape a disgusted look. Much like that one time with Fred, Sirius looked as if he could've hit the man but bit his tongue. 

"Miss Gryffindor you are to see me in my classroom on Monday evening at eight o'clock. If anyone asks you will be joining me for a meeting." 

"Why?" You questioned. "What's the meeting about?" 

"You will find out on Monday." Snape went to leave, his cloak billowing behind him. 

"Wait a moment," Sirius said, straightening up in his chair. Snape turned around, sneering at Sirius. 

"I am in rather in a hurry, Black. Unlike you, I do not have unlimited leisure time." 

"I'll get to the point then," Sirius said, standing up. Sirius was a lot taller than Snape who was now currently balling his fists in the pockets of his cloak, you were sure he was clutching his wand. "If I hear you're using these Occlumency lessons for Harry and these meetings for (y/n) to give the two of them a hard time, you'll have me to answer to." 

"How touching," Snape sneered. "But surely you have noticed that Potter and Gryffindor are very like their parents. 

"Yes I have." Sirius said proudly. 

"Well then, you'll know he's so arrogant that criticism simply bounces off him, and let's not get into (y/n)'s dad -" At Snape's words Sirius pushed his chair roughly aside and strode around the table towards Snape, pulling out his wand as he went. Snape whipped out his own. They were squaring up to each other, Sirius looking livid, Snape calculating, his eyes darting from Sirius's wand-tip to his face. 

"Sirius!" Harry yelled. 

"Dad!" You yelled with Harry but Sirius paid you both no attention. 

"THE MAN LUCIANA WAS WITH IS NOT HER FATHER AND YOU KNOW THAT! HE WAS NOTHING BUT A COWARD! A PATHETIC WASTE OF LIFE! I AM HER FATHER AND YOU KNOW IT!" Sirius yelled in Snape's face. "I've warned you, Snivellus, I don't care if Dumbledore thinks you've reformed, I know better -" 

"Luciana?" You muttered out. Was that your mothers name?

"Oh, but why don't you tell him so?" Snape whispered. "Or are you afraid he might not take very seriously the advice of a man who has been hiding inside his mother's house for six months?" 

"Tell me, how is Lucius Malfoy these days? I expect he's delighted his lapdog's working at Hogwarts, isn't he?" 

"Speaking of dogs," Snape said softly. "did you know that Lucius Malfoy recognised you last time you risked a little jaunt outside? Clever idea, Black, getting yourself seen on a safe station platform ... gave you a cast-iron excuse not to leave your hidey-hole in future, didn't it?" 

Sirius raised his wand. 

"No!" Both you and Harry yelled. You ran over to them and much like when Fred had tried to attack Draco, you wrapped your arms around your dad and tried to pull him away whilst Harry tried to get in between the two. 

"Dad, don't!" You cried. 

"Are you calling me a coward?" Sirius roared, trying to push you and Harry away but you two wouldn't budge. 

"Why, yes, I suppose I am!" Snape fired back. 

"(y/n) - and - Harry - get - out - of - it!" Sirius snarled, trying his best to push the two of you away but it wasn't working. 

The kitchen door swung open and the entire Weasley family, plus Hermione, came inside, all looking very happy with Mr Weasley walking proudly in their midst dressed in a pair of striped pyjamas covered by a mackintosh. 

"Cured!" He announced brightly to the kitchen at large. "Completely cured!" But upon the sight they saw in the kitchen the whole Weasley family froze, staring at Sirius and Snape whilst you and Harry tried to pull the two away. 

"Merlin's beard," Mr Weasley said, the smile fading from his face. "what's going on here?"

Both Sirius and Snape lowered their wands, the audience watching them brought the two back to reality. Snape pocketed his wand and swept back across the kitchen, passing the Weasleys without comment. At the door he looked back at you and Harry. 

"I'll see you both Monday evening, do not be late." And he was gone. Sirius glared after him, his wand by his side. 

"What's been going on?" Arthur asked again. 

"Nothing, Arthur," Sirius said who was breathing like he'd just had to run up and down the stairs a few times. "Just a friendly little chat between two old school friends ... so you're cured?" 

For the rest of the evening Sirius barely uttered a word, clearly still annoyed and on edge at what had happened with Snape, it didn't help that only a few days prior did he threaten to kill Fred. He still wasn't completely over that either. He just wanted to protect you.

The next morning was the day you were all returning to Hogwarts. Unlike the previous years no one was looking forward to it, not even Harry. Umbridge had made the school a misery that even you were seriously thinking about dropping out of school and going to work for the twins. This year you were getting the Knight bus to the station which meant Sirius wasn't able to bid you goodbye this time. You hated leaving him, especially now with how badly he was worried about you and Harry. 

"I'll take your trunk," Fred grabbed your things for you and started to walk outside to meet Lupin and Tonks who were taking you to the station. "you go say goodbye to Sirius." Before he could leave you strode over to him and placed a kiss on his cheek. Fred dropped both your trunks and wrapped his arms around your waist. "You know, one thing I am looking forward to is seeing Adrian again ..." 

"You hate Adrian ..." 

"Maybe but ... I have something else planned for when I catch him staring at you." 

"Like what?" You questioned. 

"Wait and find out." Fred winked at you. 

"God save me." You playfully rolled your eyes at the boy. "Thank you for taking my trunk, Fred." You turned around and walked through the house to find Sirius in the kitchen sat down, drinking a cup of tea. "I'll be back here soon you know." Sirius snapped his head up to the entrance where you were standing. 

"I know but ..." He ran his fingers through his hair as he spoke. "I just got you back as mine, legally. I just want to make up for everything I missed. I missed so much (y/n), hell I'd even read you a story before bed if it meant I got more time with you." 

Smiling at him you walked over to where he was sitting and pulled up a chair opposite him. Sirius took your hands in his as you began to talk. "I only have a few months left at Hogwarts then, I'll have the whole summer with you and so will Harry. I'll find somewhere quiet and private for us to all go where we can be a family for the summer."

"I can't wait." Sirius smiled. 

You hesitated with your next sentence. "Dad?" 

"Hmm?" 

"When you were talking to Snape ... when he mentioned my mum you said the name Luciana ... was that my mum's name? Luciana Gryffindor?" 

"Yes," Sirius sat up. "that's her ... she was such a kind woman, stern and brave when needed but always so kind to everyone." He smiled at the memories of her. "You remind me so much of her." 

"I hope that's a good thing -" 

"The best thing in the world," He now stood up. "because although you're like her you are your own person and that makes you so uqine." You followed suit and stood with him. Sirius pulled your hands so you fell forward into a hug. "Never change (y/n) and never let anyone take advantage of your kindness." He kissed your head. 

"I'm gonna miss you Dad." 

"I'll miss you more." He pulled back and moved some strands of hair out of your face. "And if Snape gives you a hard time you know where I am." 

"Thanks Dad but, I'm sure I'll be fine."

"Good, now ..." He opened the kitchen door. "you better get going, wouldn't want you to miss the train oh and ... if you end up going to Fred's dorm to do -" 

"That won't happen." 

"Thank God ... I couldn't deal with grandchildren right -" 

"That won't happen because he shares a room so perhaps the Quidditch changing rooms, the showers maybe? The captains office or even an empty classroom ..." You smiled, clearly trying to annoy the man.

"(y/n) I'm being serious -"

"You aren't serious, you're Dad." You used his own jokes against him as you backed out of the kitchen. "Goodbye, Dad." 

Rolling his eyes he knew he wouldn't win. "Goodbye, beautiful." He smiled but that faded when he saw Fred. "Fred!" 

"Uh - yes?" 

"Can you come here? I just want a word." Fred looked horrified at your fathers words but the fear of being killed caused him to walk into the kitchen. 

---

Fred didn't utter word the entire Knight bus ride there, you and George definitely knew Sirius said something that had hit him hard. However at the station he seemed to calm down and return to his kind, confident self. You all waved off Lupin and Tonks and climbed into a compartment on the Hogwarts Express. Fred sat on your right whereas George sat opposite you and Lee, who had only just arrived, was placing his trunk away before sitting opposite Fred. 

"So ... how did your Christmas go?" Lee asked, getting comfortable. 

"Well I had a good time ..." George smirked at you and his twin. "(y/n) and Fred though ... I think they had a little more fun than me." 

"Oh?" Lee questioned. "What'd you mean?"

"Nothing Lee." Fred glared at his twin. "He doesn't mean anything." Lee clearly didn't believe Fred and turned to George. 

"Fred shagged (y/n)." 

"HE DID WHAT?" Lee screamed. 

Well, maybe after Lee's outburst you and Fred might not make it to Hogwarts after all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.1K 60
Oliver Wood sees a lot of his younger self in Hermione Granger when she appears at Hogwarts for her first year. He takes it upon himself to look afte...
100K 2.4K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
1K 30 22
REWRITTEN! Harry Potter lost his twin sister last year, he now has no idea what to do. Problems happen in the muggle world, and in the wizarding worl...
4.3K 43 56
Elizabeth Griffin. An innocent young witch unaware of how complicated magic can be. Follow her as she steps through Hogwarts, discovering mysterie...