50 - Polyjuice potion and Nifflers

Since the first DA meeting, all of you had managed to keep your heads down and stay clear from trouble but that didn't stop Umbridge from being suspicious of you all. She'd instructed Filch to keep an eye on you all which lead to Fred and George sneaking some of their new products into his food which caused him to come out covered in boils. Needless to say, he wasn't in a hurry to spy on you again. December quickly found it's way to Hogwarts but Umbridge's rules had made it a lot harder to get into the Christmas spirit. Thankfully, you weren't spending the holidays at Hogwarts. You, Harry and the Weasleys were all supposed to be spending the short time off Grimmauld place with Sirius. 

Umbridge had also created another rule which meant students could be her own personal rats for extra credit which she called her Inquisitorial Squad. To no ones surprise Draco Malfoy and several other Slytherins such as Adrian and Montague also signed up. That wasn't all though, Umbridge's Educational Decrees started to get out of hand. Now, boys and girls weren't allowed within eight inches of one another but even that rule never stopped you or Fred. All of Fred and George's products were to be banned but like the last rule, that never stopped them. She was now able to look through your post which made it much harder to send letters to Sirius. You ended up pretending you were writing to Oliver or Lupin but told Hermes to fly to Sirius, that way Umbridge couldn't find out. 

During this time, however, you were able to re-from the Quidditch team, granted it wasn't the strongest team you'd ever had but it was enough and if you were able to train often and a lot Gryffindor might just have a chance in winning the cup. Not only did you want to win for Gryffindor and Oliver but also to shove it in Umbridge's face. 

Another thing Umbridge had demanded was that every student would submit to questioning about the alleged army you were all creating. Which was where you were heading now, Umbridge had called you to her office to be questioned, you weren't exactly going to give in and tell her that you were in fact meeting up every week to learn spells.

"Would you like to come in?" You were stood at the bottom of the stairs which lead to her office waiting to be called when she came out and offered you in. 

"Not really." You muttered but proceeded to follow her inside. 

"Care for a cup of tea?" The hag asked as she pointed to a seat for you to sit in.

"I'd rather not." You fired back as you walked to the chair opposite her desk and sat down. 

"Are you sure?" She pressed on. "I think you should have a cup." Before you could answer the woman she pulled out a teacup from the edge of her desk and started to pour you some tea. "Sugar?" 

"I don't really care." Rolling your eyes she continued to pour your drink and placed it in front of you. 

"Don't drink the tea ..." The necklace around your neck turned cold as the icy voice of your mother rang out in your head. She had a point, you didn't plan on drinking it anyway but accepting a drink off a stranger was stupid, especially if that stranger also happened to be an enemy. 

Umbridge noticed how you stared down at the tea like you feared the liquid and it was evident you weren't going to touch the drink but she pressed on. "Come on," She gave you a fake smile. "drink up ..." Knowing there was no way to win you held the cup up to your lips. 

"Don't drink the tea ..." The voice rang through your mind again. Bringing the cup to your lips you pretended to drink the liquid she'd presented you before putting it back down and turning your focus back to her. 

"Now ... where is Sirius Black?" Her expression stayed the same, the fake smile plastered across her face. 

"I thought this was about the alleged student army?" You fired back causing her smile to fade slightly.